On Wednesday, October 14th (during the school day) we will be offering the PSAT® to our Sophomores and Juniors. All students not testing attend regularly scheduled classes.
Deadline to register: September 25 (midnight CST)
PSAT® – Sophomores: All Sophomores will take the PSAT® at no cost. This helps students prepare for the PSAT® their Junior year in which they can compete for recognition and scholarships through the National Merit Scholarship Corporation.
PSAT® – Juniors: It is strongly recommended that Juniors take the PSAT®. Grade 11 PSAT® participants are able to qualify and compete for recognition and scholarships through the National Merit Scholarship Corporation. The PSAT® also provides juniors with another opportunity to practice the SAT® before they take it as recommended in the spring.
Registration: ALL Juniors MUST register online by September 25. Freshman and Sophomores do NOT register. Students who do not attend their chosen (or defaulted) session will be marked absent.
Payment: Payment is only accepted through the APTS online registration system.
Testing Fee Information:
PSAT® Testing fee for JUNIORS is $15. Registration must be completed online.
**There are a LIMITED number of fee waivers, contact Dolly Covington for more information at 832-775-0867 or email@example.com**
1. The PSAT® examination must be paid for and ordered in advance. REGISTRATION FOR THE OCTOBER 14 PSAT® TEST RUNS UNTIL SEPTEMBER 25. There is NO late registration.
2. All exams must be pre-paid and pre-ordered via the online system, which accepts credit card payments. To submit an order using check or money order, please complete the order online and follow the directions to mail your order form and payment to the address on your confirmation ticket.
3. Fee reductions sponsored by the College Board and the State of Texas are available to families who qualify. All students currently enrolled in free or reduced lunch will qualify for a fee reduction on the PSAT® test. If you are currently enrolled in free or reduced lunch, please see Dolly Covington for a discount code BEFORE you register online. Without this code, the online registration system will require you to pay full price for your exam(s). You must register before the closing of registration which is September 25, 2014.
4. All students that registered using the fee reduction code will be verified by APTS and Leah Hymel. If an unauthorized student registers with a discount code, that student will not have their PSAT® exam ordered until they pay the full price. Only register with a waiver code if you have been authorized by your counselor.
5. Information regarding testing rooms and locations will be released closer to the exam administration.
There will be no refunds issued for PSAT® testing.
Students that miss the PSAT® test will not receive a refund. Juniors that miss the test will need to contact College Board for information about how they can still participate in National Merit Scholarship Corporation.
ALL Juniors MUST register online by September 25.
Questions or need assistance? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org