Start by reviewing the Taking Digital Exams information page and then complete the Set Up Process outlined below.
- If using your own personal digital device (PC or Mac laptop or desktop) then you will need to complete the set up steps yourself ASAP
- If using a School-Managed Chromebook, the Digital Exam App has been added to the Apps Menu by the district IT. (You may have to restart your Chromebook to see the App added to the Kiosk Apps menu on the start page – before you login.)
At-Home, Digital Exam SET-UP Steps
To be ready to complete one or more AP Exams in the Digital, at-home format, you must complete four required readiness steps (also outlined below) to be able to access your at-home AP Exam(s). Review below the important information and updates about the 2021 digital, at-home, AP Exams. The College Board’s About 2021 Digital AP Exams website provides more detailed information and resources for your reference and we recommend you review it carefully. These steps below must be completed on the device you will be using for testing as soon as possible and BEFORE exam day.
- Step One- Download and install:: Download and Install the Digital Testing Application
- From the approved device that you will be using for testing, log into the AP Digital Testing app with your College Board username and password
- (Cannot remember your log in to your College Board account? Contact College Board via http://myap.collegeboard.org ASAP!)
- Review the Technical Requirements For Digital AP Exams
- ?Step TWO – Complete a Digital Practice exam: Complete a practice with example questions in the digital testing application. This will be helpful to get comfortable BEFORE exam day! Students will have access to two practice options:
- ?Digital Practice: A longer option students can use to fully explore the digital testing application.
- App Demo: A shorter option students can use to quickly confirm that the application is correctly installed, that questions display appropriately, and that they can enter answers.
- Accommodations delivered through the digital testing application will be available in digital practice if the student has been approved for the accommodation(s) at the time of practice
- ?Step THREE – VERY IMPORTANT – Complete exam set up for EACH Exam: Complete exam setup in the digital testing app for each exam subject you are registered to take at-home three-calendar days before the exam.
- This step loads your exam onto the computer you are going to test with.
- Completing this step is required 1–3 days before each exam. Without taking this step, you will NOT be able to test.
- Exam setup opens 3 calendar days before each digital exam and students must complete setup no later than the day before the exam.
- A student who waits to complete these steps on exam day puts their ability to test at risk.
- If you are unable to complete all pre-exam steps and begin the check-in process before the official start time of the exam, you won’t be permitted to test and will need to request a makeup exam.
- ?Step FOUR – Check in for your exam on exam day: You are required to check in to each exam to complete pre-exam checks. Check in opens 30-minutes before the exam start time.
- You can only check in on the device you used to complete exam setup. You can’t check in on multiple devices.
- If you start the check-in process on one device and attempt to continue it on another, you will be prompted to close the app and use the other device.
- If you are not able to start the check-in process before the start time of the exam, you will not be allowed to test and will be asked to request a makeup exam.
What if your answer submission gives you an error message?
- Review the submission steps on the Taking Digital Exams page, which include:
- Your answers are saved to your testing computer, so you just need to reconnect to the internet and resume the upload, using the Try Again button.
- If you’re connected and Try Again isn’t working, click Return to Homepage. From the home page, close the app, reopen it, and try again
- If these options don’t work within 24 hours after the end of the exam, you can call AP Services for Students at 888-225-5427. Don’t call immediately (WAIT 24-hrs!) when you have a submission problem—the above steps should work in nearly all cases.