Information for Portland Public High School students and parents
2020 AP® Exam Administration
EXAM DATES & TIMES: May 4-8, 2020 and May 11-15, 2020
- Morning exams. Doors open at 7:15; Check-in begins at 7:30; Exams end at approximately 12 pm.
- Afternoon exams. Doors open at 11:15; Check-in begins at 11:30; Exams end at approximately 4:00.
- Students are not allowed to leave any AP exam early. Students who have after-school sports or jobs are responsible for informing coaches or employers of their AP exam obligations.
- Late Arrival – Students who arrive after the start of the exam administration will not be admitted.
- Absence – All absences from AP exams will be reported to your high school. If you miss the exam for College Board approved reasons, you may be able to take a late exam.
- AP Spanish Language and AP Music Theory may run later than noon due to audio recording requirements. Please bring an extra snack.
- Most AP Exams will take place at the Portland Expo Center, 2060 N. Marine Drive, Portland, OR 97217- conveniently located on the TriMet MAX Yellow Line.
- AP Chinese and AP Japanese exams which will take place at the main PPS administration building, 501 N. Dixon St. Portland, OR 97227. Be sure to allow sufficient time to reach the test site before testing begins.
Students testing with a College Board approved disabilities accommodation will take their exams at their high school.
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND that students are dropped off, carpool or use TriMet.
~ Allow sufficient time for traffic in order to reach the test site before check-in begins. ~
Students parking at the Expo Center will receive a free parking voucher at the end of the exam.
- Expo Center MAX Station (Yellow Line)
- Visit trimet.org/tripplanner to find the best route for you.
Parking: Free Parking vouchers will be distributed at the end of the exam.