PPS AP® Test Site Security Regulations
Information for students and parents not attending PPS schools.
2019 AP® Exam Administration
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR AP® EXAMS
DO NOT BRING: Cell phones, Smartwatches, iPods, MP3 players, any wearable technology or electronic devices, or scratch paper to your AP® exam(s).
CELL PHONES: College Board prohibits bringing cell phones, wearable technology or any of the above electronic devices into the testing room, having them on your person, or using them during the break. These devices will be turned in to AP® staff prior to entering the exam area, and will be returned at the end of the exam. If a student uses or is seen with any of these electronic items in the testing room, bathroom or during the break, they will be confiscated and the student may be dismissed from testing. If a phone rings, vibrates, etc. during the test, it may invalidate EVERYONE’S test in the testing room. Don’t risk it!
LUNCH/SNACKS: For afternoon exams, students are expected to eat lunch prior to checking in at 11:30 AM. Please bring a snack and water/drink. All of these items should be in a clear plastic baggie (separate from your backpack/purse) and will be placed under your chair. You will not have access to any food or drink (including water bottles) during the exam except during the break time or after the exam officially ends. Water bottles are not allowed on the exam tables.
BACKPACKS/PURSES: You will NOT have access to these items at any time during testing, including at break times.
BEHAVIOR: Students are expected to exhibit exemplary behavior during the exams. Failure to follow all AP® rules during the exam and during the break may result in dismissal from the testing site and invalidation of your exam.
WHAT TO BRING TO EXAM:
- Your photo ID (This can be a government or school-issued photo ID)
- At least 2 sharpened #2 pencils with erasers
- At least 2 black or dark-blue ball point pens for free response
- A graphing calculator for Biology, Calculus AB/BC, Chemistry, Physics, and Statistics exams. See the calculator guidelines at http://www.collegeboard.com/ap/calculators. Students may bring 2 calculators, but are not allowed to share calculators during the exam. Make sure your calculator has fresh batteries.
- Ruler or straightedge (for the Physics exams only)
- Snack/water in a Ziploc bag separate from purse/backpack
Don’t forget to bring a photo ID!