Students and Families enrolled in Central High School can register here for the 2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) Administration.
Fall Registration Deadline: November 1, 2019 (Midnight EST)
Spring Registration Deadline: March 1, 2020 (Midnight EST)
New Deadlines and New Procedures!
Step 1: Submit Exam Fee – Submit exam fees for courses that are offered in the Fall semester only OR that run yearlong by November 1, 2019. Click below to submit the fees.
Step 2: Activate Exam – Students must activate their exams on The College Board MyAP site by JOINing their AP® Class on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See FAQs for more details.) November 1 is the deadline to activate your exam for subjects corresponding to Fall or Yearlong courses.
General Policies and Information:
- Fall Semester: August 19, 2019 through November 1, 2019 (Midnight EST)
- Spring Semester: January 15, 2020 through March 1, 2020 (Midnight EST)
1. The cost of each AP® Exam is $94.00 each.
Registration runs from August 20, 2019 through November 1, 2019 (midnight EST) for subjects and courses that are offered at Central HS as Yearlong or Fall Semester ONLY Courses.
Late registration for the Fall Registration period is possible between November 2 and November 10 but with a penalty fee of $20 per exam.
Registration runs from January 15, 2020 through March 1, 2020 (midnight EST) for subjects and courses that are offered at Central HS as Spring Semester ONLY Courses.
Late registration for the Spring registration period is possible between March 2 and March 5 but with a penalty fee of $20 per exam.
CHS does not accept outside/homeschool students for AP® exams.
2. Exam fee payments for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online deposit form and in your e-mail order summary which will be sent to the parent email address you provide on the registration form. Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in payment processing for the Fall is October 28, 2019.
3. Students must also activate their exam on The College Board’s new MyAP system. To activate the exam students must:
- Obtain an AP® Class Join Code from their Central HS AP® subject teacher.
- Log into MyAP at http://myap.collegeboard.org with their College Board Profile (See FAQs) and apply the Join Code.
- Activation Deadline for Fall or Yearlong Classes: November 1, 2019
- Activation Deadline for Spring Classes: March 1, 2020
Students will not be able to activate the exam until the course commences and the Join Code has been applied to their MyAP Account.
4. To initiate an AP® Exam order successfully, students MUST submit exam fees AND complete the activation/join step on MyAP by the applicable deadline.
5. Fee reduction/assistance – Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please submit the AP® Fee Waiver Application Form (Linked here) to Ms. Forrester. Once eligibility has been confirmed, you will be provided with a Fee Reduction Code to apply to your deposit payment form. This code will reduce the amount of deposit that is due per exam.
6. Refunds are not possible.
7. College and universities with AP® Credit Policies can be found on the College Board’s website AP® Credit Search site – It is the student’s responsibility to verify that the college they plan to attend will accept AP® credit and submit scores to their university/college of choice. Current school board policy states that you must take the exam in order to earn additional points on the final student grade point average.
Technical Assistance needed? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-663-8348 (Mon-Friday 7am -6pm EST, Sat- Sun 9am-6pm EST)