Families and students enrolled at the Atlanta Jewish Academy, can register here for the 2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam Administration.
Please read through the information below and then click on “Order AP® Exams” to submit an order.
Registration Deadline: October 31, 2019
New Deadlines and New Procedures to place an AP® Exam Order!
Step 1: Submit Exam Fees – To indicate intention and commitment to take an AP® exam in the May 2020 AP® Exam administration, submit exam fees by October 31, 2019 via the link below. (Site opens September 23.)
Step 2: Activate Exam – Students must JOIN their AP® Exam Groups on the MyAP site at https://myap.collegeboard.org to activate the exam order and complete the process. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See FAQs for more details.) Join codes are specific to each class subject and class period. Please speak to your AP® teacher to obtain the correct join code. Students MUST join the course section on MyAP by November 8th AND submit payment by October 31st to complete the registration process.
General Policies and Information:
Cost is $97 per exam.
Late registration is possible from November 13 until March 10 (midnight EST) for an additional fee of $55 PER exam.
2. All exams must be pre-paid and pre-ordered via the online system, which accepts credit card or debit cards. To submit an order using a check or money order, please complete the order form online and follow the directions to mail in your order form and payment to the address on your confirmation email. Families choosing to pay online using a credit or debit card will be assessed a service fee. There is no service fee for submitting registration and payment with a check or money order via US mail. Postmark deadline to ensure timely processing is October 26.
3. Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel by November 14 will be eligible for a partial refund. A cancellation request must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org include the student’s name, the school name, and the title of the exam the students wishes to cancel. A non-refundable deposit of $40 (per exam) will be retained for exams that were ordered during regular registration. There is no exchanging or re-selling of exams.
4. Fee reductions are available to students who are financially eligible for the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program. For these students, the fee is $53 per AP® test. In order to register and pay for AP® tests using a fee waiver, or to inquire about eligibility, please see your counselor; if eligible, you will be given a ‘Fee Reduction Code.’ Once you receive your fee waiver code, you will be able to register on the APTS website for the reduced amount. You must then register for your AP® exam(s) with APTS by the October 31 deadline. No refunds are possible for fee reduction priced exams. If a student does not take the exam, a $20 (per exam) administration fee will be charged to the students’ AJA account.
5. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:30 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for a morning exam at 7:30 AM. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 11:30 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for an afternoon exam before 12 PM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours unless you’re taking the test with extended time. Please notify your sport’s coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
6. Please bring the following to your AP® exam: a photo ID, at least 2 sharpened # 2 pencils, erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable-see AP® Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries.
7. Please bring a snack and water/drink or lunch if you have 2 tests back to back on the same day. These items will be placed on a table or counter that you may access at break time only or after the test officially concludes. More details regarding what to bring is available here.
8. Cell phones, smartwatches, iPads, iPods, MP3 players, etc. are NOT permitted in the testing room and may not be used during any breaks.
9. Backpacks will be placed outside of the exam room, and you will NOT have access to your backpack at any time during testing including at break times
10. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, please contact email@example.com for assistance or see your counselor immediately!
11. Homeschooled Students
AJA does welcome homeschooled students to take their AP® exams at our testing location. You may register at no additional cost for any AP® exam that AJA is already administering in the May 2020 exam administration. However, if you would like to take an exam that is not part of the AJA standard exam administration and is not registered on the registration form, please contact the AP Testing Coordinator at AJA to request an exam add-on. An additional proctor fee of $75 will be added to the cost of each requested exam.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org