Families and students enrolled at the Atlanta Jewish Academy, can register here for the 2019 Advanced Placement (AP) Exam Administration.
Please read through the information below and then click on “Order AP Exams” to submit an order.
Registration Deadline: March 15, 2019
Cost is $97 per exam.
Late registration is possible from March 16 until April 11 (midnight EST) for an additional fee of $55 PER exam.
2. All exams must be pre-paid and pre-ordered via the online system, which accepts credit card or debit cards. To submit an order using a check or money order, please complete the order form online and follow the directions to mail in your order form and payment to the address on your confirmation email. Families choosing to pay online using a credit or debit card will be assessed a service fee. There is no service fee for submitting registration and payment with a check or money order via US mail. Postmark deadline to ensure timely processing is March 11.
3. Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel by April 11 will be eligible for a partial refund. A cancellation request must be submitted in writing to email@example.com include the student’s name, the AJA name, and the title of the exam the students wishes to cancel. A non-refundable deposit of $20 (per exam) will be retained for exams that were ordered during regular registration. There is no exchanging or re-selling of exams.
4. Fee reductions are available to students who are financially eligible for the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program. For these students, the fee is $57 per AP test. In order to register and pay for AP tests using a fee waiver, or to inquire about eligibility, please see Ms. Benksi; if eligible, you will be given a ‘Fee Reduction Code.’ Once you receive your fee waiver code, you will be able to register on the APTS website for the reduced amount. The deadline to obtain a fee waiver is March 8 by 3 PM. You must then register for your AP exam(s) with APTS by the March 15 deadline. No refunds are possible for fee reduction priced exams. If a student does not take the exam, a $20 (per exam) administration fee will be charged to the students’ AJA account.
5. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:30 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for a morning exam at 7:30 AM. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 11:30 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for an afternoon exam before 12 PM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours unless you’re taking the test with extended time. Please notify your sport’s coaches of AP exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP exam early.
6. All students must attend a MANDATORY Pre-Administration session in April. At this session, physical exam materials will be prepared for exam day and students will receive crucial information for test day.
7. Please bring the following to your AP exam: a photo ID, at least 2 sharpened # 2 pencils, erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable-see AP Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries.
8. Please bring a snack and water/drink or lunch if you have 2 tests back to back on the same day. These items will be placed on a table or counter that you may access at break time only or after the test officially concludes. More details regarding what to bring is available here.
9. Cell phones, smartwatches, iPads, iPods, MP3 players, etc. are NOT permitted in the testing room and may not be used during any breaks.
10. Backpacks will be placed outside of the exam room, and you will NOT have access to your backpack at any time during testing including at break times
11. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or see Ms. Benski immediately!
12. Homeschooled Students
AJA does welcome homeschooled students to take their AP exams at our testing location. You may register at no additional cost for any AP exam that AJA is already administering in the May 2019 exam administration. However, if you would like to take an exam that is not part of the AJA standard exam administration and is not registered on the registration form, please contact Ms. Benski at AJA to request an exam add-on. An additional proctor fee of $75 will be added to the cost of each requested exam.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at email@example.com