Students and families enrolled in Poway HS (Poway USD, CA), can submit payment here for the 2019-2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exams to be administered in May 2020.
⇒Deadline to complete AP® Exam Registration: November 1, 2019
New Deadlines and New Procedures to place an AP® Exam Order!
Step 1: Submit Exam Fees – To indicate intention and commitment to take an AP® exam in the May 2020 AP® Exam administration, submit exam fees between September 4 and November 1, 2019 via the link below.
Step 2: Activate Exam – Students must JOIN their AP® Exam Groups on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org to activate the exam order and complete the process. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See FAQs for more details.) Students join the AP Class with a Join Code (access code) and to activate the exam set their Exam Decision Indicator to ‘Yes.’
General Policies and Information:
1. AP® Exams are optional exams at Poway High School that correspond to AP® courses. Students choosing to sit for the AP® Exams must adhere to the following deadlines for 2019-2020 that are based on the course’s start date:
|Course Start Date||Registration Window||LATE Registration Window|
|Exams corresponding to courses that start in August||September 4, 2019|
November 1, 2019
|January 21, 2020
March 4, 2020
|Exams corresponding to courses that start in October, or November, or January||January 21, 2020 |
February 28, 2020
|February 29, 2020
March 4, 2020
2. The cost of each AP® Exam is $100 each.
Payments for exams may be submitted by credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online payment form. Fall Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in payment processing is October 29, 2019.Submit AP® Exam Payment
3. Fee reduction/assistance: Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please submit the Fee Reduction Application Form (Linked here) to the Poway High School Counseling office. Once eligibility has been confirmed, you will be provided with a Fee Reduction Code that will reduce the cost of the exam(s) to the appropriate amount on the online payment form. Application forms for fee reductions must be submitted no later than October 25, 2019 to guarantee processing before the Fall deadline. Penalty fees will apply if registering during the late payment period. Any student who orders an exam with a fee reduction and does not sit for the eaxm, will be required to pay an additional $35 fee to cover the cost of the unused exam fee.
4. Late payment submission and registration for those who missed the November deadline is possible between January 21, 2020 and March 4, 2020, but with a late ordering penalty fee of $40 per exam.
No exam orders will be able to be accepted after March 4, 2020.
There will be no waiting lists or stand-by testing.
5. Homeschooled or Independent students are welcome to test at Poway. Please contact the school site AP Coordinator, Mr. Little, to request permission. Approval will be based on space availability. Additional fees may apply. Approval is required.
6. To complete an AP® Exam order successfully, students MUST submit an exam fee payment AND complete the activation step on MyAP for EACH exam. Without completion of BOTH steps, the AP® Exam order cannot be submitted to College Board. Failure to activate the exam on MyAP by the applicable deadline will result in the exam order that was initiated to be cancelled and fees refunded. See the FAQ section for more information about the MyAP Join Code process.
7. Exam Locations: Exam Locations will be announced closer to the exam date.
8. Cancellations: Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel before the applicable payment window closes for their exam will receive a full refund. Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel AFTER the applicable payment window has closed and before midnight on April 30, 2020, will receive a partial refund of $60 regardless of when the exam order was submitted. (The student will forfeit a $40 exam unused exam fee as well as any late registration fee.) No exchange or re-selling of tests. To cancel your exam, send an email to email@example.com and include your name, name of your school (including city and state), and name of the exam you would like to cancel. Exams cancelled from May 1 onwards as well as no shows on exam day are not eligible for any refund and forfeit their fees.
Students who submitted an exam registration as a Fee Reduction student will not be eligible for any refund since the cost of the unused exam fee exceeds the payment.
9. Testing with accommodations: Students who are approved by College Board for testing with accommodations will receive special exam day instructions. To submit an application for approval, please contact the school site AP® Coordinator. Deadline to submit a new application to College Board is January 17, 2020.
AP® exam program information is available on The College Board site. Students are encouraged to review it at http://collegeboard.org
Assistance needed? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-663-8348