Please read carefully through all information below.
Registration Deadline: October 25, 2019 (Midnight, MST)
New Deadlines and New Procedures!
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students must JOIN their AP® Class accounts on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org and indicate your exam decision. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See below and the FAQs for more details.) Deadline to Join and indicate your exam decision is September 16, 2019.
Step 2: Submit Exam Fee Deposit – To take an AP® exam in the May 2020 AP® Exam administration, a $40 per exam deposit is due by October 25, 2019. Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 3: Submit balance due – In November, students who successfully completed steps 1 and 2 above will receive a personalized invoice for the applicable balance of fees due via email. Balance due paid in full by February 1, 2020.
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be ordered in advance. Registration runs from September 16, 2019 through October 25, 2019.
2. The cost of each AP® Exam is $94. A $40 deposit is due by October 25.
Students who may be eligible for the Lieberman Scholarship will submit a $40 deposit by October 25. Lieberman Scholarship announcements will be made in January and will waive the balance due.
3. To activate the exam on the College Board site, students will log into their College Board profile accounts via the MyAP system at http://myap.collegeboard.org – A College Board profile is the same account used to order SAT® exams, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® Exam scores from past years. If a student does not have a profile, they will need to create one. Make sure all the registration and profile pages are complete on MyAP, including: your full legal name (should match school records), your student ID number from Manzano, your Manzano School name, and an email address where you can receive important exam day information from APTS and/or the College Board.
Students will need a Join Code (or access code) to connect their profile to their specific AP® subjects. Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Please see your AP® Class teacher to obtain a Join Code before September 16, 2019 and complete the process on MyAP.
See the FAQs for more details.
4. To have a successfully activated exam order, a student must complete both exam activation and deposit submission by the October 25, 2019 deadline. Failure to complete either or both steps will mean that your school’s AP Coordinator will not be able to submit your exam order to the College Board.
Students who have successfully completed steps 1 and 2 listed at the top of this page, will receive in November a custom digital invoice via email. The email will be sent to the parent email address provided on the deposit form. Deadline to submit the balance of fees due is February 1, 2020.
5. Deposit and balance due payments can be submitted online via credit card and debit card payments as well as check payment mailed in. Instructions will be provided at the end of the deposit form as well as on the custom invoice for the balance due that will be emailed.
6. Late exam activation will incur a $40 per exam penalty fee. No new exam orders will be activated after February 1, 2020.
7. Fee reductions are available to qualifying students which reduces the cost of exams significantly. To apply for a fee reduction, see Ms. Harper to obtain a Fee Reduction Discount Code. Once you have the discount code, you can complete your online deposit form on this website. Where prompted, enter the code to reduce the exam price appropriately. The reduced deposit price can then be paid online with a credit or debit card or by mailing it in.
NOTE: Students who submit the reduce fee deposit and do not sit for the exam will be liable for $37 per exam to cover the cost of the unused exam fee charged by College Board to the school.
8. REFUND POLICY: Students who register for an exam but decide to cancel must do so by midnight on October 25, 2019 to receive a full refund. The cancellation notification must be submitted in writing to email@example.com and include the student’s name, your school’s name, and the title of the exam the student wishes to cancel. Any exam cancellation requests submitted after October 25, 2019 and before midnight on April 30, 2020 will receive a partial refund: a $40 unused exam and processing fee will be retained. No exam cancellations or refunds will be processed after April 30, 2020.
9. Please arrive at your testing location for a morning exam promptly at 7:30 AM for check in. You are expected to be in your seat for exam material distribution for the morning exams promptly at 7:45 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for an afternoon exam at 12:15PM for check in. You are expected to be in your seat promptly at 12:30 PM for afternoon exam material distribution. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed and material are distributed to students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration has begun will not be admitted. No exceptions.
Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sport’s coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly for transportation since the exams will not end at the same time as the regular school day. (Approximate end time for afternoon exams is 4pm.)
Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
10. For information regarding testing rooms and locations, please check your school’s website in April.
11. Please bring the following to your AP® exam: a photo ID, at least 2 sharpened # 2 pencils, erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable-see AP® Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries.
12. Cell phones, smartwatches, iPods, MP3 players, etc. are NOT permitted in the testing room.
13. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at email@example.com