Families and students enrolled at Manzano High School can register here for the 2023 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam Administration.
Please read carefully through all information below.
- Fall and Yearlong Course Exam Registration Deadline: November 4, 2022
- Spring Course Exam Deadline: March 3, 2023
Deadlines and Procedures:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students must JOIN their AP® Class on the MyAP site at https://myap.collegeboard.org. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See below and the FAQs for more details.) The deadline to Join your exam for courses beginning in Fall is November 4, 2022.
Step 2: Submit Exam Fee – Click on “Submit AP® Exam Fees” button below and submit your fees. For yearlong and Fall courses, exam fees are due by November 4, 2022.
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be ordered in advance.
- Registration for Fall and Yearlong Courses runs from August 22 through November 4, 2022
- Late registration for Fall and Yearlong Courses is available with an additional $40 per exam fee from January 9 to March 3, 2023.
- Registration for Spring Courses runs from January 9 to March 3, 2023.
2. The cost of each AP® Exam is $97 per exam. Manzano HS has secured a subsidy that reduces the cost of exams to $3 for all students for May 2023. All students will be required to submit an up-front minimum payment of $40 per exam. Payment in full is due by the applicable deadline.
If the student is confirmed to have taken the exam in May, the subsidy will be activated and an automatic refund of $37 per exam will be issued in June.
Late exam activation and registration will incur a $40 per exam penalty fee.
No new exam orders will be activated after March 3, 2023.
3. To activate the exam on the College Board site, students will log into their College Board profile accounts via the MyAP system at http://myap.collegeboard.org – A College Board profile is the same account used to order SAT® exams, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® Exam scores from past years. If a student does not have a profile, they will need to create one.
Make sure all the registration and profile pages are complete on MyAP, including: your full legal name (should match school records), your student ID number from Manzano, your Manzano School name, and an email address where you can receive important exam day information from APTS and/or the College Board.
Students will need a Join Code (or access code) to connect their profile to their specific AP® class. Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Please see your AP® Class teacher to obtain a Join Code before November 4, 2022 and complete the process on MyAP for Fall and Yearlong courses. Students must Join Spring courses by March 3, 2023.
Joining the class will activate the exam. ALL Students should join the class, only exams with corresponding fees submitted by the deadline will be ordered.
See the FAQs for more details.
4. To have a successfully activated exam order, a student must complete both exam activation on MyAP and payment submission by the applicable deadline. Failure to complete either or both steps will mean that your school’s AP Coordinator will not be able to submit your exam order to the College Board.
5. Payments may be submitted online with a credit or debit card. Mail-in payment by check or money order is also available and must be sent before the postmark deadline. Payment submission instructions are at the end of the online order form.
6. Late exam activation and registration will incur a $40 per exam penalty fee. No new exam orders will be activated after March 3, 2023.
7. CANCELLATION POLICY: Students who register for an exam but decide to cancel must do so by midnight on April 1, 2022. Students who cancel will forfeit the $40 fee paid for the exam since a $40 per exam cancellation fee is charged by College Board. No refund will therefore be issued for cancellations. The cancellation notification must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the student’s name, your school’s name, and the title of the exam the student wishes to cancel. No exam cancellations will be processed after April 1, 2022. No shows on exam day will also forfeit their exam fees.
8. Please arrive at your testing location for a morning exam promptly at 7:30 AM for check in. You are expected to be in your seat for exam material distribution for the morning exams promptly at 7:45 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for an afternoon exam at 12:15PM for check in. You are expected to be in your seat promptly at 12:30 PM for afternoon exam material distribution. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed and material are distributed to students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration has begun will not be admitted. No exceptions.
Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sport’s coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly for transportation since the exams will not end at the same time as the regular school day. (Approximate end time for afternoon exams is 4pm.)
Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
9. For information regarding testing rooms and locations, please check your school’s website in April.
10. Please bring the following to your AP® exam: a photo ID, at least 2 sharpened # 2 pencils, erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable-see AP® Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries.
11. Cell phones, smartwatches, MP3 players, etc. are NOT permitted in the testing room.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at email@example.com