Families and students enrolled at Manzano High School can register here for the 2022 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam Administration.
Please read carefully through all information below.
- Fall and Yearlong Course Exam Registration Deadline: October 29, 2021
- Spring Course Exam Deadline: February 25, 2022
Deadlines and Procedures:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students must JOIN their AP® Class on the MyAP site at https://myap.collegeboard.org. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See below and the FAQs for more details.) The deadline to Join your exam for courses beginning in Fall is October 29, 2021.
Step 2: Submit Exam Fee – Click on “Submit AP® Exam Fees” button below and submit your fees. For yearlong and Fall courses, exam fees are due by October 29, 2021.
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be ordered in advance.
- Registration for Fall and Yearlong Courses runs from August 30 through October 29, 2021.
- Late registration for Fall and Yearlong Courses is available with an additional $40 per exam fee from October 30 to November 5, 2021.
- Registration for Spring Courses runs from January 17 to February 25, 2022.
2. The cost of each AP® Exam is $96. Payment in full is due by the applicable deadline. Late exam activation and registration will incur a $40 per exam penalty fee. No new exam orders will be activated after February 25, 2022.
3. To activate the exam on the College Board site, students will log into their College Board profile accounts via the MyAP system at http://myap.collegeboard.org – A College Board profile is the same account used to order SAT® exams, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® Exam scores from past years. If a student does not have a profile, they will need to create one.
Make sure all the registration and profile pages are complete on MyAP, including: your full legal name (should match school records), your student ID number from Manzano, your Manzano School name, and an email address where you can receive important exam day information from APTS and/or the College Board.
Students will need a Join Code (or access code) to connect their profile to their specific AP® class. Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Please see your AP® Class teacher to obtain a Join Code before October 29, 2021 and complete the process on MyAP for Fall and Yearlong courses. Students must Join Spring courses by February 25, 2022.
Joining the class will activate the exam. ALL Students should join the class, only exams with corresponding fees submitted by the deadline will be ordered.
See the FAQs for more details.
4. To have a successfully activated exam order, a student must complete both exam activation on MyAP and payment submission by the applicable deadline. Failure to complete either or both steps will mean that your school’s AP Coordinator will not be able to submit your exam order to the College Board.
6. Payments may be submitted online with a credit or debit card. Mail-in payment by check or money order is also available and must be sent before the postmark deadline. Payment submission instructions are at the end of the online order form.
7. Late exam activation and registration will incur a $40 per exam penalty fee. No new exam orders will be activated after February 25, 2022.
7. Fee reductions are available to qualifying students which reduces the cost of exams significantly. To apply for a fee reduction, contact Mr. Stephen Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms. Chavez at email@example.com to obtain a Fee Reduction Discount Code. Once you have the discount code, you can complete your online payment form on this website. Where prompted, enter the code to reduce the exam price appropriately. The reduced price can then be paid online with a credit or debit card or by mailing it in.
8. REFUND POLICY: Students who register for an exam but decide to cancel must do so by midnight on April 1, 2022 to receive a partial refund of the exam fee. A $40 per exam cancellation fee is charged by College Board and will be retained from the exam fee refund. Credit card fees and late registration fees are non-refundable. The cancellation notification must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the student’s name, your school’s name, and the title of the exam the student wishes to cancel. No exam cancellations or refunds will be processed after April 1, 2022.
9. Please arrive at your testing location for a morning exam promptly at 7:30 AM for check in. You are expected to be in your seat for exam material distribution for the morning exams promptly at 7:45 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for an afternoon exam at 12:15PM for check in. You are expected to be in your seat promptly at 12:30 PM for afternoon exam material distribution. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed and material are distributed to students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration has begun will not be admitted. No exceptions.
Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sport’s coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly for transportation since the exams will not end at the same time as the regular school day. (Approximate end time for afternoon exams is 4pm.)
Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
10. For information regarding testing rooms and locations, please check your school’s website in April.
11. Please bring the following to your AP® exam: a photo ID, at least 2 sharpened # 2 pencils, erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable-see AP® Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries.
12. Cell phones, smartwatches, iPods, MP3 players, etc. are NOT permitted in the testing room.
13. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org