Deadline to Submit Registration: October 30, 2019
Exam Fee: $96 ($142 for AP® Capstone: Seminar)
New Deadlines and New Procedures!
Step 1: Submit Exam Fee Deposit – To indicate intention and commitment to take an AP® exam in the May 2020 AP® Exam administration, a $40 per exam non-refundable deposit is due by October 30, 2019. Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 2: Activate Exam – Students must JOIN their AP® Class accounts on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See FAQs for more details.) Deadline to Join is October 30, 2019.
Step 3: Submit balance due – Starting on November 30, students who committed to an exam by paying the deposit will receive a personalized invoice for the balance of fees due via email. Balance due paid in full by March 1, 2020.
I, the parent of a Liberty High School student, understand that taking an Advanced Placement exam is completely voluntary and the following conditions apply:
- My child’s enrollment and participation in the AP® course does not ensure he/she will pass the exam.
- Not all universities accept AP® credit (please consult with the universities to which your child is applying for their specific policies in AP® credit).
- The full fee is $96.00 per exam ($142 for AP Capstone Exams.) A non-refundable deposit of $40 per exam is due by October 30, 2019, and the balance of fees owed is due by March 1, 2020). If you are taking more than one AP® exam, please feel free to pay for each exam as you can, with all payments being made by March 1, 2020.
- An online processing fee of 3% is added to the exam fee if you are paying with a debit or credit card. If you wish to pay by check, please select “Mail In” on the registration form to mail a check or money order in. Postmark deadline to ensure timely processing of the deposit payment is October 25, 2019. No processing fee is charged for mailing in a payment. (Detailed instructions will be provided in your order summary email.)
- All students must complete the Join Step on the College Board MyAP site (regardless of whether or not they will be taking the AP® Exam! This site will provide students with class AND exam preparation resources.) Deadline to join is October 30, 2019. Any student who would like to take the optional exam MUST complete this step along with submitting a deposit. Both a deposit submission and joining the Exam/Class on MyAP are needed to complete initiating the exam order. (See the FAQs for more information.)
- On November 30, 2019, invoices for applicable balances of fees due will be emailed out by APTS to students with active exams – balance can be paid online with a credit or debit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. Follow the instructions on the digital invoice. Balance due must be paid in full by March 1, 2020. Failure to submit the applicable balance due will mean the student will not be able to sit for the exam and the non-refundable deposit will be forfeited.
- NO payments will be accepted on campus.
- Any AP® exam ordered after October 30, 2019 will include a late fee of $40 per exam charged by the College Board. No orders will be accepted after March 10, 2020. We will not accept any new AP® exam orders after March 10, 2020.
- Students enrolled in semester based courses that COMMENCE after January 1, 2020 will be able to register submit registration from day 1 of class through March 1, 2020 without penalty fees. (This applies ONLY to AP® US Government and AP® Macroeconomics students.) Students may submit deposits for those Spring courses in the Fall, but they will not be able to complete the Join Step until the Spring semester starts.
- If you qualify or think you qualify for a fee reduction of $15.00 per exam, please contact Ms. Bradshaw for further information. Application for fee reduction should be made before the registration deadline.
- If you decide to cancel your exam registration, you will forfeit your $40 non-refundable deposit to cover cost of the returned exam. Cancellation requests submitted by April 30, 2020 (11:59pm EST) will receive a partial refund of the exam fee minus the $40 deposit. No refunds can be processed for cancellations requests submitted after April 30, 2020. To request a refund, please email email@example.com with your student’s name, name of Liberty High School, and the title of the exam to be cancelled.
- If your child misses an AP® test for any reason, other than a medical emergency where a doctor’s note must be provided, and would like to take an alternate exam, there will be a cost of $80.00 to cover the cost of the alternate exam. Alternate AP® Tests cannot be ordered after May 15th. Please contact Ms. Bradshaw regarding alternate testing.
- Special Note for AP® Computer Science Principles: Per College Board regulations, a student who does not submit the in-class assessment for AP® Computer Science Principles will not be allowed to take the AP® exam.
For questions or assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-663-8348.