Exam Registration Deadline: November 1, 2023
How do I place an AP exam order?
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students must activate their exams on The College Board MyAP site by JOINing their AP® Class on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org
To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. Do NOT create a second account! (College Board Profiles are the same account used to order SAT or previous year AP exams, or to collect PSAT or SAT scores.)
Join codes will be issued by your teachers and are subject, teacher and class period specific.
Fall Deadline to activate your exam is November 1, 2023*.
* Students enrolled in the SPRING AP Macroeconomics courses will not be able to join that course on MyAP until it commences in the Spring/Second semester.
Step 2: Submit Exam Fee – Submit exam fees between September 13 and November 1, 2023*. Click below to submit the fees.
Both Step 1 and 2 must be completed by November 1, 2023* to activate the exam order. Failure to complete both steps 1 and 2 by the November 1, 2023 deadline means the AP Coordinator for your school cannot submit an exam order without penalties fees to College Board.
* Students enrolled in courses that COMMENCE in the Spring can submit exam orders without penalty between January 1 and February 23, 2024.
Tips for setting up your College Board Profile on MyAP:
– Use an email address that you will have access to throughout high school AND university
– Make sure to enter your COMPLETE legal name to prevent issues with sending score reports to colleges and universities
– Enter your school Student ID number in the field provided on MyAP. This will assist your school in accurate exam day attendance reporting
I can’t access my College Board Profile account or am not sure I have one. What do I do?
The College Board Profile is the same account used to access your past years’ AP® scores, PSAT® scores, and SAT® scores. Do not create a new one! Each student should have only ONE unique account. If you are unable to access the account, try using the ‘Forget Password?’ link on http://myap.collegeboard.org OR email email@example.com OR call 888-225-5427 for assistance.
Where do I get the Join Code to complete the join step on the MyAP site?
Join Codes are subject, teacher, and period specific. Please see your AP® teacher ASAP.
What if I am taking a class that is in the Spring Semester (AP Macroeconomics)?
Students enrolled in the Spring semester courses may submit their exam deposit in the fall, but are not required to do so. A special registration period ONLY for those students will be possible without penalty fees from January 1 to February 23, 2024. Students will not be able to receive the Join Codes from the Spring course teachers until the Spring/2nd Semester term begins.
What if I miss the November deadline to submit fees?
It is crucial to meet the November 1, 2023 fee payment deadline.
Students who miss the deadline and want to add an exam, will be able to do so between November 16, 2023 and March 4, 2024 for a penalty fee of $40 per exam.*
EXCEPTION is for students enrolled in courses that commence in the Spring/2nd Semester (AP Macroeconomics.) Only students enrolled in those courses will have an opportunity to initiate new orders for those subjects between January 1 and February 23, 2024.
NO new orders and no changes to orders will be possible after March 4, 2024.
I’ve decided that I do not want to take the exam in May. What do I do?
- Students who decide to cancel their exam before November 1, 2023 are eligible for a full refund of the exam fees. (Debit and credit card fees are non-refundable.)
- Students who decide to cancel their exam after November 1, 2023 and before March 4, 2024 are eligible for a partial refund of the exam fees. (A $40 College Board cancellation penalty fee and $2 processing fee will be deducted. Debit and credit card fees are non-refundable.)
- Students who submitted exam orders at a reduced price that is less than the $40 College Board cancellation fee and cancel after November 1, 2023 will be billed for the fee difference to their school accounts.
- No refunds will be processed after March 4, 2024.
- To request a refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your student’s name, name of Liberty High School, and the title of the exam to be cancelled.
What day is my test?
Please review the National AP Exam Calendar posted at the link below.
How can I earn college credit through AP?
If you take the AP exam at the end of the Spring semester, you can earn college credit by earning a score of a 3, 4, or 5 or the exam. To determine what score you will need at one school, use the College Board’s website: AP Credit Search
Is there fee assistance available?
Students eligible for a fee reduction may have significant exam fee reductions. Steps to complete your fee reduction:
- Apply for a fee reduction to Ms. Thigpen and if approved, receive a fee reduction code
- Visit the APTS site (here) to submit your exam fees and enter the fee reduction code in the online payment form. The code will reduce the price for you automatically.
- Activate your exam on MyAP
How do I receive my scores?
By completing the exam activation process on the MyAP site, you will be issued a unique AP ID number. Scores are usually available in early July by using the AP ID and your College Board log in to retrieve scores at http://apscores.org