Students enrolled at The Bush School may register here for the 2021 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam Administration.
Registration Window: September 14, 2020 – November 2, 2020.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR EXAM ORDERING:
Step 1: Submit Exam Deposit – To indicate intention and commitment to take an AP® exam in the May 2021 AP® Exam administration, a $50 per exam deposit is due by November 2, 2020. Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 2: Activate Exam on MyAP – Students who successfully submit an exam deposit will receive a “Next Steps” email that will direct them to log into the College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org using their College Board accounts. Each subject will have an Exam Join Code (access code) to apply to the MyAP site to activate the exam. (See FAQs for more information.) Deadline to activate an exam: November 2, 2020.
Step 3: Submit Balance of Fees Due – Starting in mid-November, students who successfully ordered an exam by paying the deposit AND activating the exam on MyAP, will receive via email a personalized invoice for the balance of fees due per exam. Balance due in full by March 5, 2021.
1. To register for a May 2021 AP® Exam, students must submit an Exam Fee Deposit between September 14 and November 2, 2020.
2. The cost of each exam is $95. Each exam requires a $50 deposit at the time of registration in the fall.
- You must pay the full $95 amount by March 5, 2021.
- There is a $40 late fee for initiating an exam order between November 3, 2020 and March 5, 2021, in addition to the $95 cost of the exam (bringing the total cost of each exam to $135).
3. All deposit payments for AP® tests will be done online through APTS by clicking on Submit AP® Exam Deposit
Deposit payments for exams may be done via credit or debit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online deposit form and in your email order summary.
4. Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you qualify for a fee waiver for the SAT or the ACT, you also qualify for a fee reduction for AP Exams. Please contact the College Counseling Office on the third floor or email Coordinator of College Counseling and Student Success, Courtney Elop, firstname.lastname@example.org, for eligibility confirmation and to be provided with a Fee Reduction Code that you can apply to the Deposit Form on this site. Based on the amount of financial aid assistance you receive, you will submit your exam deposit and receive a modified invoice in November for the applicable balance due.
5. All students who have successfully submitted an exam deposit must ALSO complete the AP®Exam Registration process by activating the exam on the College Board MyAP website at https://myap.collegeboard.org by JOINING their AP® Exam Group on the MyAP site. Exam Join Codes for the Exam Group will be issued via a ‘Next Steps’ email to the STUDENT Email address provided on the deposit form.
Students will log into the College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org with their College Board Profile accounts (see FAQs for more information,) complete/update the online registration and personal information screens, and apply the Join Code for each of the exam subjects they will be taking in May 2021.
BOTH exam deposit submission and exam activation on MyAP (myap.collegeboard.org) are needed for the exam to be ordered.
6. Students with a successful exam activation submitted by November 2, 2020 will receive starting on or around November 15, 2020 a personalized digital invoice for the applicable balance of fees due per exam.
The fee balance payments for exams may be done via credit or debit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online deposit form and in your email order summary.
Failure to submit the exam fee balance that is due by March 5, 2021 means that your exam will automatically be deactivated and you will forfeit the non-refundable deposit.
7. Cancellation policy: if you paid in full for the exam (either $95 or $135, depending on when you registered), and cancel prior to March 5, 2021 you will receive a partial refund of $90.
- Late fees and credit card processing fees are non-refundable.
- Cancellations on or after March 6, 2021 will not receive any refunds.
- To cancel your exam, please contact email@example.com and include your name, our school name, and the name of the exam(s) you wish to cancel.
8. Students seeking accommodations must have advanced approval from the College Board. Please speak with one of The Bush School Learning Specialists, Sara Carter or Sloan Chong, as soon as possible. Deadlines apply.
If you need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-663-8348.