How do I order an exam?
Step 1: Activate your Exam on MyAP –
- (This step has likely been completed in class in August!) To activate an AP® Exam order for the May 2023 exam administration, students will log into or create their College Board profiles via http://myap.collegeboard.org
- Your College Board profile is the same account used to order SAT® exams, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® scores from previous years. If you do not have a profile, you will be able to create an account on http://myap.collegeboard.org
- The MyAP system will prompt students to complete a MyAP Profile – please make sure to enter your full legal name, the correct school of attendance, your student ID number, and an email address able to receive of important alerts from College Board and APTS. (It should be an email address frequently checked and which you can access beyond high school.)
- Both returning and new users will be prompted to go through MyAP Registration pages on the MyAP website, see below for tips of what information to provide or update
- To link their exam subject to their profiles, students will receive from each of their AP® teachers a Join Code (or access code). Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Students will JOIN their AP® classes at the start of the year with this join code.
- Each AP® Course teacher will provide you with a Join Code (or access code) to apply to your account during the Join Days. These Join Codes link each specific subject to your account.
- You must JOIN your AP® class on MyAP no later than September 19, 2022
- See The College Board How To Guide linked HERE
Step 2: Submit exam fees –
- Students with an active exam on MyAP will receive from APTS on or around September 26, 2022 their personalized and customized exam fee invoices.
- Exam fees are due paid in full by October 21,, 2022
- The invoice will be emailed to the student email address on their College Board profile.
- Exam fees can be submitted online using a credit or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. Payment instructions are available on the digital invoice.
- Use of a credit or debit card to complete the online payment form will incur a 3.1% credit card processing fee. Students may choose to avoid that fee by mailing in a check or money order to the address provided in the invoice instructions. Mail in options should be payable to “APTS.” If you select this option, you must postmark your payment on or before October 17, 2022 to ensure timely processing.
- Exam fees are due paid in full by October 21,, 2022
⇒ Exams with an outstanding balance of fees as of October 22, 2022 will be cancelled and deactivated in MyAP and not ordered.*
*Students enrolled in courses that commence in the spring semester will receive a separate spring invoice. Deadline for Spring fee submission is February 24, 2023.
I can’t access my College Board profile or I can’t remember if I have one. What do I do?
Don’t create a second account!
Each student should have only ONE College Board account during their high school careers which houses AP®, PSAT® and SAT® scores and information. For log in help visit: https://pages.collegeboard.org/account-help or https://myap.collegeboard.org Students may also call College Board AP® Services for Students: 844-314-3632.
What information should I complete on my College Board profile?
The MyAP System will prompt you to complete the Registration screens if you are creating a new account. (If you have an account already, make sure to check through the MyAP Profile pages.)
Make sure that you enter your FULL legal name (should match your school records), your school student ID number, and also the name of your school. The email address on your profile should be one that is checked frequently and will be accessible after high school. The email will be a crucial account identifier as well as where you will receive alerts from College Board and APTS.
On your College Board MyAP Profile you will also be prompted to complete the “Send Score” feature – on this screen you will submit the name of the college/university where you would like your free exam score report sent in July. Deadline to indicate the name of the school and qualify for a free report, is June 15.
Where do I get the Join Codes to be able to activate the exam?
Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Teachers will distribute the codes at the start of the course. If you are absent, please see your AP® Class teacher to obtain the Join Codes.
All students must complete the Join Code step by September 19, 2022.
Is there financial aid available for the 2023 AP® exams?
Fee reductions are possible for qualified students and will reduce the cost of exams to $53 per exam (before the scholarship is applied) for one exam, and $10 per exam for all additional exams. The student’s invoice will automatically reflect the fee reduction.
I did not receive my AP® Exam Fee Invoice via email. What do I do?
Your AP® Exam Fee Invoice was emailed to the email address that is linked to your College Board profile. It may have landed in your Spam folder – please check there. If you cannot find the invoice, please contact email@example.com to have your invoice re-issued.
There’s an exam on my invoice that I do not want to take. What do I do?
To remove an exam from your invoice, email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 19, 2022 and include your invoice number, your name and the title of the exam to remove. An new invoice will be issued.
Can I change when I take the exam?
Exam times are set by The College Board. Note that AP® Exams must be taken only at the times established by The College Board. Click the calendar link below.
What may I bring with me to the exam room?
Students MUST bring their student ID, pencils, pens in blue or black ink, and a calculator (if applicable).
Students may NOT bring iPod, iPads, Smartwatches or MP3 or highlighters into the exam room. Cell phones and electronic communication device, backpacks and bags, including purses, should be left at home.
How do I access my exam scores?
Students will be able to log into apscore.org starting in early July after the May exam administration. Students will log in using the same College Board profile account information as they used on the MyAP site. Scores collection will require active log in as well as the student’s AP® ID number – which is accessible in their MyAP accounts or on the label sheets that they will be allowed to retain at the completion of their last AP® exam of each year. AP ® ID numbers are assigned one time, and will be the same from year to year.
Any other assistance needed? Please contact email@example.com or call 1-855-663-8348