Students and families enrolled in Westview HS (Poway USD, CA), can submit payment here for the 2020-2021 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exams to be administered in May 2021.
Deadlines and Procedures to place an AP® Exam Order:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students must JOIN their AP® Class on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org to activate the exam order and complete the process. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See FAQs for more details.) Students join the AP Class with a Join Code (access code) and to activate the exam click on “Register for Exam.” See deadlines below based on course commencement date.
Step 2: Submit Exam Fees for courses that commence in Trimester 1– To indicate intention and commitment to take an AP® exam in the May 2021 AP® Exam administration, submit exam fees by October 30, 2020 via the link below.
General Policies and Information:
1. AP® Exams are optional exams at Westview High School that correspond to AP® courses. Students choosing to sit for the 2021 AP® Exams must adhere to the following deadlines for 2020-2021 that are based on the course’s start date:
Course Commencement Date
Exam Registration Opening Date
Exam Registration Deadline
LATE Exam Registration Deadline (Penalty fees apply)
September 15, 2020
October 30, 2020
March 5, 2021
Spring (October/November/ January)
February 1, 2021
March 1, 2021
March 5, 2021
2. The cost of each AP® Exam is $100 each.
Payments for exams may be submitted by credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online payment form. FALL Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in payment processing is October 26, 2020.
3. Fee reduction/assistance: Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, pleas:
- Submit the Fee Reduction Application Form (Linked here) to Ms. Carroll.
- Include with the Application a copy of your approval letter for the Free and Reduced Lunch Program (provided by the PUSD Food and Nutrition Office.)
- Once eligibility has been confirmed, you will be provided with a Fee Reduction Code that will reduce the cost of the exam(s) to the appropriate amount on the online payment form.
- Application forms for fee reductions must be submitted no later than October 26, 2020 to guarantee processing before the deadline.
- Students approved in the Fall for a fee reduction do not need to submit a new application but should contact Ms. Carroll again in the Spring for the Spring Fee Reduction code.
4. Late payment submission and registration will incur a late ordering penalty fee of $40 per exam.
No exam orders will be able to be accepted after March 5, 2021.
There will be no waiting lists or stand-by testing.
5. Homeschooled or Independent students: Please contact the school site AP Coordinator, Ms. Carroll, to request permission. Approval will be based on space availability. Additional fees may apply. Approval is required.
Westview HS students who wish to sit for an exam NOT listed on the payment form and/or for which they are NOT currently enrolled in the Westview HS AP® course that corresponds, should see Ms. Carroll to apply to test as an Independent Student. Approval will be based on space availability. Additional fees may apply.
6. To complete an AP® Exam order successfully, students MUST submit an exam fee payment AND complete the activation step on MyAP for EACH exam.Without completion of BOTH steps, the AP® Exam order cannot be submitted to College Board. Failure to activate the exam on MyAP by the applicable deadline will result in the exam order that was initiated to be cancelled and fees refunded. See the FAQ section for more information about the MyAP exam activation process.
7. Exam Locations: Exam Locations will be announced closer to the exam date.
8. Cancellations: Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel before April 30, 2021 will be eligible for a refund of $95. To cancel your exam, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59pm PST on April 30, 2021 and include your name, name of your school (including city and state), and name of the exam you would like to cancel. Credit card fees are non-refundable. Exams cancelled from May 1 onwards as well as no shows on exam day are not eligible for any refund and forfeit their fees.
No exchange or re-selling of tests.
9. Testing with accommodations: Students who are approved by College Board for testing with accommodations will receive special exam day instructions. To submit an application for approval, please contact the school site AP® Coordinator. Deadline to submit a new application to College Board is January 15, 2021.
AP exam program information is available on The College Board site. Students are encouraged to review it at http://collegeboard.org
Assistance needed? Email email@example.com or call 1-855-663-8348