Students and Families enrolled at West High School can register here for the 2018 Advanced Placement (AP) Administration.
Deadline: March 22, 2019 (Midnight CST)
Exam Fees: $94 per exam
1. The cost of each AP Exam is $94.00 each. Please read through the information below and then click on “Register for AP Exams” to submit your order. Registration Deadline is March 22, 2019 (midnight CST).
Late registration is possible between March 23 and April 11 but with a penalty of $20 late fee per exam. No exam orders will be able to be accepted after April 11, midnight CST.
Homeschooled students are welcome to test with the WHS Students. Please note that the cost for a homeschooled student will be $124 per exam to cover testing expenses. Please complete the registration form at the link above.
2. Payment for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online registration form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the parent email address you provide on the registration form. Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in payment processing is March 18, 2019.
3. Fee reduction/assistance – Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please submit the AP Fee Waiver Application Form (Linked here) to Ms. Bast in the counseling office. Once eligibility has been confirmed, you will be provided with a Fee Reduction Code that will reduce the price of the exam(s) on the registration form to the appropriate amount.
4. Exam Locations: Exam Locations will be announced closer to the exam date, but they may be off campus. It is therefore necessary that we must receive a completed field trip form and Medical release for all students registering for AP Exams. Please download the form, complete it and return it to the WHS counseling office by April 11..
5. Refunds are not possible.
6. College and universities with AP Credit Policies can be found on the College Board’s website AP Credit Search site – It is the student’s responsibility to verify that the college they plan to attend will accept AP credit and submit scores to their university/college of choice.
Please keep in mind that many colleges will award credit for AP Test scores of 3 or higher. West High School therefore recommends that you participate in taking the exam(s). Current school board policy states that you must take the exam in order to earn additional points on the final student grade point average. You will have the option of sending scores to colleges you may want to attend.
7. Students who anticipate a conflict with another AP exam offered at the same date and time OR with an IB exam, should continue their registration. At the registration point it is subject specific information, not date information that is being gathered. APTS will run a report for your school to indicate conflicts and you will be contacted regarding your alternate AP exam date assignment when approved.
AP exam program information is available in the College Board “AP Bulletin for Students and Parents.” Students are encouraged to review it.
Any additional AP questions can be sent to the AP Coordinator, Sarah.Bast@
Technical Assistance needed? Email email@example.com or call 1-855-663-8348 (Mon-Friday 7am -6pm CST, Sat- Sun 9am-6pm CST)