Registration Deadline: November 1, 2019
Please read carefully through all information below.
New Deadlines and New Procedures!
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students must JOIN their AP® Class accounts on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org . To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See below for more details.) Deadline to Join is November 1, 2019.
Step 2: Submit Exam Fee Deposit – To take an AP® exam in the May 2020 AP® Exam administration, a $40 per exam deposit is due by November 1, 2019. Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 3: Submit balance due – In November, students who successfully completed steps 1 and 2 above will receive a personalized invoice for the applicable balance of fees due via email. Balance due paid in full by February 1, 2020.
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be paid for and ordered in advance. Exam activation and registration for the May 2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) exam administration opens on October 9 and closes on November 1, 2019 at midnight CST.
2. The cost of each AP® exam is $94. A $40 deposit is due by November 1, 2019 to activate the exam order and registration.
3. No new orders will be accepted after November 1, 2019.
4. NEW THIS YEAR: To submit an exam registration, students must ctivate an Exam on the College Board MyAP site students log into their College Board profile accounts via http://myap.collegeboard.org
College Board Profile accounts are the same accounts used to order SAT® exams or to collect prior year PSAT® or AP® exam scores. Students who have never taken one of those exams should create a new profile by clicking ‘Create Account’ on the MyAP main page.
Once logged into MyAP, students will JOIN the AP® Class with a teacher and subject specific Join Code (Access Code.) Student can obtain the Join Codes from their Teachers.
Students will then be prompted to complete the online registration profile in MyAP.
ALL students should complete the Join Step to become part of the online AP Class community and access free College Board course resources, regardless of whether they are taking the exam.
Deadline to activate the exam on MyAP is November 1, 2019. NO late activations is allowed.
5. Fee Submission: To complete the exam registration, a $40 non-refundable deposit must be submitted no later than November 1, 2019 by clicking the link on this page. Complete the online deposit form to submit the deposit – it accepts credit card or debit card, OR students can choose to mail in a check or money order. There is an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. To submit an order using a check or money order, which has no additional fee, please complete the deposit form online and follow the directions to mail in your order form and payment to the address on your confirmation email. Mail in payments must be postmarked on or before October 28 to ensure timely processing.
Students with an active exam order (i.e. they completed both steps 1 and 2 before 11:59pm on November 1, 2019) will receive a personalized digital invoice via email at the PARENT email address on the deposit form for the balance of fees due.
The full balance of applicable fees is due on February 1, 2020.
Penalty fees of $40 per exam will apply to exams with a balance due as of February 2, 2020 through March 1, 2020. Exams that have a balance remaining at the end of the day of March 1, 2020 will be cancelled and deactivated and the deposit forfeited.
6. Valley High School will offer full or partial refunds to students based on the criteria below. To request a refund, students must email email@example.com and include their name, the Valley High School name, and the title of the exam they wish to cancel.
- Refund requests made on or before November 1, 2019: Students who request a refund before November 1 will be eligible to receive a full refund minus the online processing fee.
- Refund requests made after November 1, 2019 and before April 30, 2020: These cancellation requests will be eligible to receive a 50% partial refund.
- No refunds will be given after April 30, 2020
- Students who receive a fee waiver who decide not to take the exam after November 1, may be responsible for additional charges as the cost of the unused exam is more than the amount paid. An additional $37 will be charged to your student account to offset the AP® $40 charge for cancelling.
7. Fee reductions are available to qualifying students which reduces the cost of exams significantly. To apply for a fee reduction, see Mr. Huston, Testing Coordinator in the Guidance Office, to obtain a Fee Reduction Discount Code. Once you have the discount code, you can complete your online deposit form on this website. Where prompted, enter the code to reduce the exam price appropriately. The balance due can then be paid online or by mail in.
8. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:30 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for a morning exam at 7:15 AM. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 12:15 PM. Please arrive at your testing location for an afternoon exam at 12 PM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sport’s coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
9. For information regarding testing rooms and locations, please check your school’s website in April.
10. Please bring the following to your AP® exam: a photo ID, at least 2 sharpened # 2 pencils, erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable-see AP® Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries.
11. Cell phones, Smartwatches, iPods, MP3 players, etc. are NOT permitted in the testing room.
12. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at email@example.com or call 1-855-663-8348 (toll free!)