May 2022 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam payment information and policies are posted below. Please read through this information carefully.
Payment Submission Deadline: October 28, 2021*
Exam Fees: $96 per exam ($144 per Capstone)
PROCEDURES And DEADLINES:
STEP 1: Activate your exam – Log into the College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org using your College Board profile and apply the ‘Join Code’ (access code) you receive from your teacher for each of your subjects. Deadline to join the course on MyAP is October 28, 2021.*
For SPRING AP Macroeconomics and AP Comparative Government Courses (i.e. courses that COMMENCE in the Second Semester), the join deadline is March 1, 2022.
STEP 2: Submit exam fees – Click on “Submit fees for AP® Exams” below and submit your fees. Fees are due by October 28, 2021.
For SPRING Courses (i.e. courses that COMMENCE in the Second Semester), the payment deadline is March 1, 2022.
REGISTRATION FOR MAY 2022 AP® EXAMS:
- Courses that commence in Fall Semester: September 1, 2021 through October 28, 2021 (Midnight California Time)
- Courses that commence in Fall Semester: November 16, 2021 through March 1, 2022 (Midnight California Time)
1. Exam registration for 2022 exams requires two steps: activation of your exam on the College Board MyAP site AND submission of exam fees.
Students enrolled in AP® Courses that begin in the Fall will have the opportunity to activate their AP® Exams and submit fees between September 1 and October 28, 2021. Penalty fees of $40 per exam apply between November 16, 2021 and March 4, 2022.
Students enrolled in Spring AP® Courses will have the opportunity to activate their AP® Exams and submit fees between November 16 and March 1, 2022. Penalty fees of $40 per exam apply between March 2 and March 4, 2022. Students enrolled in Spring semester AP® Courses may submit payment for these exams in advance, but it is not recommended since they cannot complete the activation step until the course commences.
College Board profiles are the same accounts used to order SAT® exams, or to collect prior year PSAT/NMSQT® or AP® Exam scores. Do not create a new account if you already have one (see MyAP for more information.)
2. The cost of each AP® Exam is $96.00 each. (Capstone exams are $144)
To submit fees click on the Payment form link below. Payment for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3.1% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online registration form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the parent email address you provide on the registration form.
Late registration will be possible with a penalty fee of $40 per exam. No orders will be accepted after March 4, 2022.
3. Exam Locations and Exam Day Information – Exams will be administered at the dates and times set by College Board. See the calendar at the link below. Specifics regarding exam day reporting locations will be shared by your school closer to the May administration.
4. Fee reduction/assistance – Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please email Ms. Hawkins at email@example.com. Occe eligibility has been confirmed, you will be provided with a Fee Reduction Code that will reduce the price of the exam(s) on the payment form to the appropriate amount.
5. Refunds and cancellations: Students will be eligible to receive the full exam fee as a refund if cancellation request has been submitted before 11:59pm on October 28, 2021. Exam cancellation requests submitted after October 28, 2021 and before March 15, 2022 will be eligible for a partial refund. A $40 College Board cancellation penalty fee will be retained from the exam fees. Credit/debit card fees are non-refundable. To cancel an exam email firstname.lastname@example.org and include: Your name, name of your school, title of the exam to cancel.
6. College and universities with AP® Credit Policies can be found on the College Board’s website at https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/creditandplacement – It is the student’s responsibility to verify that the college they plan to attend will accept AP® credit and submit scores to their university/college of choice.
AP® exam program information is available by logging into the College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org
Technical questions or need assistance? Contact email@example.com or call toll free 1-855-663-8348.
Questions or need assistance? Please call 1-858-663-8348 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org