May 2024 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam payment information and policies are posted below. Please read through this information carefully.
Payment Submission Deadline: November 4, 2023*
Exam Fees: $98 per exam ($146 per Capstone)
PROCEDURES And DEADLINES:
STEP 1: If not already done so in class, Activate your exam – Log into the College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org using your College Board profile and apply the ‘Join Code’ (access code) you receive from your teacher for each of your subjects. Deadline to join the course on MyAP is November 4, 2023.*
*For SPRING AP Macroeconomics and AP Comparative Government Courses (i.e. courses that COMMENCE in the Second Semester), the join deadline is March 1, 2024.
STEP 2: Submit exam fees – Click on “Submit fees for AP® Exams” below and submit your fees. Fees are due by November 4, 2023.*
*For SPRING Courses (i.e. courses that COMMENCE in the Second Semester), the payment deadline is March 1, 2024.
REGISTRATION FOR MAY 2024 AP® EXAMS:
- Registration for exams for courses that commence in Fall Semester runs as follows: September 6 through November 4, 2023 (Midnight California Time)
- Registration for exams for courses that commence in Spring Semester runs as follows: January 30, 2024 through March 1, 2024 (Midnight California Time)
1. Exam registration for May 2024 exams requires two steps: activation of your exam on the College Board MyAP site AND submission of exam fees.
Students enrolled in AP® Courses that begin in the Fall will have the opportunity to activate their AP® Exams and submit fees between September 6 and November 4, 2023. Penalty fees of $40 per exam apply between November 16, 2023 and March 1, 2024.
Students enrolled in Spring AP® Courses will have the opportunity to activate their AP® Exams and submit fees between January 30 and March 1, 2024. There is no late registration for the Spring courses. Students enrolled in Spring semester AP® Courses may submit payment for these exams in advance, but it is not recommended since they cannot complete the activation step until the course commences.
College Board profiles are the same accounts used to order SAT® exams, or to collect prior year PSAT/NMSQT® or AP® Exam scores. Do not create a new account if you already have one (see MyAP for more information.)
2. The cost of each AP® Exam is $98 each. (Capstone exams are $146)
To submit fees click on the Payment form link below. Payment for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3.1% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online payment form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the parent email address you provide on the registration form. Postmark deadline for the Fall is October 31, 2023. If you need assistance to make partial payments, or to split payments between cards/individual, please email email@example.com
Late registration will be possible with a penalty fee of $40 per exam. No orders will be accepted after March 1, 2024.
3. Exam Locations and Exam Day Information – Exams will be administered at the dates and times set by College Board. Specifics regarding exam day reporting locations will be shared by your school closer to the May administration.
4. Fee reduction/assistance – Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please email Ms. Gina Burciaga at firstname.lastname@example.org Once eligibility has been confirmed, you will be provided with a Fee Reduction Code that will reduce the price of the exam(s) on the payment form to a $40 minimum deposit. All reduced students will be required to submit a minimum deposit of $40 per exam. If the student is confirmed to be eligible for a reduction AND confirmed to have tested in May, additional subsidies will take effect and a $20 partial refund will be automatically issued to the method of original payment.
5. Refunds and cancellations: Students will be eligible to receive the full exam fee as a refund if cancellation request has been submitted before 11:59pm on November 4, 2023. Exam cancellation requests submitted after November 4, 2023 and before March 15, 2024 will be eligible for a partial refund. A $40 College Board cancellation penalty fee will be retained from the exam fees. No refunds will be issued for cancellations submitted after March 15, 2024 or for no shows on exam day. Credit/debit card fees are non-refundable. To cancel an exam email email@example.com and include: Your name, name of your school, title of the exam to cancel.
6. College and universities with AP® Credit Policies can be found on the College Board’s website at https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/creditandplacement – It is the student’s responsibility to verify that the college they plan to attend will accept AP® credit and submit scores to their university/college of choice.
AP® exam program information is available by logging into the College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org
Technical questions or need assistance? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-855-663-8348.
Questions or need assistance? Please call 1-858-663-8348 or send an email to email@example.com