Families and students enrolled at University High School can register here for the 2021 Advanced Placement (AP®) exam administration.
Deposit Deadline: November 6, 2020*
Total Exam Fee: $95
PROCEDURES AND DEADLINES FOR 2020-2021:
Step 1: Students must JOIN their AP® Class accounts on The College Board MyAP site https://myap.collegeboard.org to activate their AP® Exams. This MyAP site will also provide students with class AND exam preparation resources. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See Exam Registration Information below for more details.)
Step 2: To complete the exam activation, submit a $40 per exam deposit between September 21, 2020 and November 6, 2020.* Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 3: Starting in late November, families will receive via email a personalized invoice for the balance of exam fees due. Balance due in full by March 5, 2021.
1. The cost of each AP® exam is $95. A $40 deposit is due by November 6, 2020.* The balance of fees are due by March 5, 2021.
If a student is interested in exams not offered on the School’s deposit form payment list, please contact the AP® Coordinator at another local area high school to see if you may test at their school site.
2. To initiate an Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam order a student must submit BOTH a deposit by November 6, 2020 AND Join the College Board MyAP AP® Class on http://myap.collegeboard.org Both steps are needed to initiate an active order.*
Late registration is possible with a penalty fee of $40 per exam. NO orders will be initiated after March 5, 2021.
The balance of fees will be payable via invoice which will be emailed to the PARENT email address provided on the deposit payment form. Invoices will be issued on December 1, 2020. The balance is due paid in full by March 5, 2021.
Failure to submit the full balance due by March 5, 2021 will result in the exam being cancelled and the non-refundable deposit will be forfeit.
3. All deposits must be submitted via the online APTS system. This system accepts credit card payments OR payment via check or money order. To submit an order using check or money order, please complete the deposit form online and follow the directions to mail your order form and payment. Checks should be made payable to APTS. There is no service fee for submitting registration and payment with a check or money order via US mail.
4. Fee reductions sponsored by the College Board are available to families who qualify. The cost of each exam is $53 for students on the Foundation List. Your school AP® Coordinator will be contacting you with a fee reduction code if you qualify. Your deposit due remains $40 per exam, but you will enter this fee reduction code when prompted to your AP® exam deposit form submitted via the APTS website. This will modify your balance due in March.
If you would like to apply for “free and reduced lunch” in order to qualify for a fee reduction, you may pick up the paperwork in the Front Office.
Students who are approved for the Fee Reduction will receive a modified invoice with a personalized balance due. Full payment is due by March 5, 2021.
5. Cancellations: Students who initiated an exam order and decide to cancel, may do so through 11:59pm March 5, 2021 by emailing the APTS Cancellation Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation requests submitted on or before March 5, 2021 will be eligible for a refund of the base exam fees. A $3 administrative fee will be deducted from the exam fee. Late registration fees and credit card processing fees are non-refundable.
6. On the College Board MyAP Site students will be prompted to complete a MyAP Registration Page. Information from this page will be used to pre-populate the personal information on the student’s physical exam materials. Please make sure the information entered on the MyAP registration page is your complete legal name, an email address that you check frequently and will have access to after high school, and be sure to enter in your UHS Student ID. The information on your MyAP registration page must be consistent with what you provide on your APTS Deposit Form.
7.. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:45 a.m. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 12:30 p.m. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your college professors of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
8. Information regarding testing rooms and locations will be released closer to the exam administration.
*Note: Students enrolled in courses that COMMENCE in the Spring/Second semester can submit an exam deposit before November 6 but it is not recommended nor required. These students, and only these students, are eligible to submit exam fees and activate the exam on MyAP starting January 1, 2021 with no penalty fee. Students in these Spring courses must adhere to the March 5, 2021 deadline. Due to the short timeline in the Spring, these students will submit the full exam fee of $95 at the time of exam registration.
Questions or need assistance? Please send an email to email@example.com