Exam Payment Deadline: November 8, 2023
Exam Activation Deadline: November 8, 2023
Exam Fee: $100 per exam
How do I order an exam?
Step 1: Submit Exam Fees – To indicate intention and commitment to take an AP® exam in the May 2024 AP® Exam administration, payment for the exam is due by November 1, 2023. Click the link below to submit the fee.
Step 2: Activate Exam on MyAP – Students who successfully submit an exam payment will receive a “Next Steps” email from APTS that will direct them to log into the College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org using their College Board accounts.
Your College Board profile is the same account used to order SAT® exams, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® scores from previous years. If you do not have a profile, you will be able to create an account on http://myap.collegeboard.org
Both returning and new users will be prompted to go through MyAP Registration pages on the MyAP website, see below for tips of what information to provide.
Each subject will have a Join Code (access code) to apply to the MyAP site to activate the exam.The Exam Group codes will be included in your Next Step email from APTS.
Exam Activation deadline: November 8, 2023.
Failure to complete step 1 AND 2 above by November 8, 2023 will mean that your AP® Coordinator cannot submit your exam order to College Board without your account incurring a penalty fee of $40 per exam.
Exam fees can be submitted online using a credit or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. Payment instructions are available on the digital invoice. Download the PDF copy of the invoice OR click on “View and Pay Online Now” on the invoice main screen.
I can’t access my College Board profile or I can’t remember if I have one. What do I do?
Don’t create a second account!
Each student should have only ONE College Board account during their high school careers which houses AP®, PSAT® and SAT® scores and information. For log in help visit: https://pages.collegeboard.org/account-help or https://myap.collegeboard.org Students may also call College Board AP® Services for Students: 888-225-5427
What information should I complete on my College Board profile?
The MyAP System will prompt you to complete the Registration screens if you are creating a new account. (If you have an account already, make sure to check through the MyAP Profile pages.)
Make sure that you enter your FULL legal name (should match your school records), your school student ID number, and also the name of your school. The email address on your profile should be your school email address (and if your school does not issue email addresses, it should be another STUDENT email address that is checked frequently and will be accessible after high school.) The email will be a crucial account identifier as well as where you will receive alerts from College Board and APTS.
On your College Board MyAP Profile you will also be prompted to complete the “Send Score” feature – on this screen you will submit the name of the college/university where you would like your free exam score report sent in July. 11th graders and younger are not advised to send scores automatically. College Advising should review scores before sending them to college as part of your later work with them. Automatically sending scores can be disadvantageous to you. Deadline for seniors to indicate the name of the school and qualify for a free report, is June 20.
Where do I get the Join Codes to be able to activate the exam?
Join Codes are subject specific. They will be issued via email to students at the student email address on the deposit form once the deposit payment has successfully processed. Keep an eye out for a “Next Steps” Email from APTS to receive the Join Codes and activate your exam.
All students must complete the Join Code activation step by November 8, 2023 to avoid penalty fees of $40 per exam. No new exam orders will be activated after March 5, 2024.
Why do I need to activate an exam on MyAP?
The College Board MyAP system at http://myap.collegeboard.org enables students to complete the online registration screens in their profile. From the registration information entered, data will be pulled to print custom and individualized exam labels that will be placed on students’ physical exam materials in May. This means students no longer have to attend a pre-administration day OR spend time on exam day completing this information. Since the information is entered online, students are also able to review it for accuracy – which will avoid delays in reporting of exam scores to colleges/universities.
In addition, joining the online AP® Class on MyAP provides students and teachers with access to exam and course preparation tools designed by the College Board AP® program.
What about fee reductions?
- If you qualify for a fee waiver for the SAT or the ACT, you also qualify for a fee reduction for AP exams. To request a fee reduction, please contact your college counselor for a fee reduction code to input when you register. This code will reduce the cost of the exam automatically on the online registration form.
- For information regarding criteria and eligibility, click HERE
When do I register?
- The College Board requires that registration take place in the fall for exams that take place in May of 2024. Seattle Academy’s on-time registration window is between October 10 and November 8, 2023.
- There is a $40 late fee for registering between November 9, 2023 and March 5, 2024 (bringing the total cost of each exam to $140).
What if I decide not to take an exam?
- Students who have decided not to test are encouraged to cancel officially so Seattle Academy can plan accordingly. For 12th graders, the cancellation date coincides with the college commitment date. Seniors, please check the AP credit policy of the college you chose to attend. If no credit is given, cancellation is recommended so you receive a partial refund.
- Cancellations prior to November 8, 2023 will be eligible for the full exam fee to refunded. (Debit/credit card fees are non-refundable)
- Cancellations after November 8, 2023 and prior to May 1, 2024 will be eligible for a partial refund. A $40 College Board cancellation penalty fee will be forfeited. (Debit/credit card fees are non-refundable)
- Cancellations after May 1, 2024 will not receive any refunds.
- To cancel your exam, please contact email@example.com and include your name, our school name (Seattle Academy), and the name of the exam(s) you wish to cancel. Refunds will be made at the completion of the exam period.
What about accommodations?
- You must have advanced approval from the College Board. Please speak with Seattle Academy’s Accommodations Coordinator, Dawn Abbott.
Why take an AP exam?
- Since Seattle Academy doesn’t offer AP classes, colleges don’t expect our students to take AP exams. Most do not, and those who do register for exams often cancel them after they realize they do not have the time for the significant outside of class preparation required or their colleges will not offer credit. Some universities will offer credit and students should check a sampling of their likeliest colleges to see whether testing is beneficial. It is uncommon for a student to send their scores at the time of application unless they are applying to a university in the UK. In that case, students should check the scores required and plan for substantial prep time.
How do I prepare for an AP exam?
- Since Seattle Academy does not follow an AP curriculum in the classroom, students must prepare for an AP exam outside of regular class time.
- Please note that AP exams take place during the school day. By registering for these exams, you understand that you might be missing valuable class time. You are responsible for learning any material you will miss.
How are the AP exams scored?
- AP exams are scored from 1-5, with 1 being the lowest, and 5 being the highest. Students typically only report scores of 4 and 5 to colleges.
Do I have to share my exam results?
- If you do poorly on an exam and don’t wish to report your results, you do not have to – they are not a requirement for college admission. You decide which scores you want to share with your college.
When and where do the exams take place?
- Exams take place the weeks of May 6-10 and May 13-17 and during school hours.
- Each exam is at a specified date and time designated by The College Board. There are no exceptions to these exam times so students must plan ahead.
- Morning exams begin at 8:00 a.m., and afternoon exams begin at 12:00 p.m. Most exams are 3-4 hours in length.
- Please note that AP exams take place during the school day. By registering for these exams, you understand that you might be missing valuable class time. You are responsible for learning any material you will miss. Please plan accordingly; you are responsible for notifying your teachers and coaches if you miss class or practice. Students will not be allowed to leave exams early under any circumstances.
Which exams does Seattle Academy offer?
- After consulting with faculty, Seattle Academy will offer this year only the AP exams listed below, which may be plausible for students to take with significant additional preparation outside of class. These are the only tests we are offering this year. We evaluate these offerings yearly and may not offer the same exams next year.
Exams Offered in 2023-2024 AP Biology AP Calculus AB AP Calculus BC AP Chemistry AP Chinese Language and Culture AP Comparative Government and Politics AP Computer Science A AP English Language and Composition AP English Literature and Composition AP Environmental Science AP European History AP French Language and Culture AP Human Geography AP Latin AP Macroeconomics AP Microeconomics AP Physics C: Mechanics AP Psychology AP Spanish Language and Culture AP Spanish Literature and Culture AP Statistics AP United States Government and Politics AP United States History AP World History: Modern