Families and students enrolled at SDSCPA, can register here for the 2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam Administration.
Please read carefully through all information below.
Registration Deadline: November 12, 2019 (midnight MST)
New Deadlines and New Procedures!
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students must join their AP® Class accounts on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile, join the class with your Join Code which activates your exam. (See below or the FAQs for more details.) Deadline to activate the exam is October 18, 2019.
Step 2: Submit Exam Fee Deposit – To take an AP® exam in the May 2020 AP® Exam administration, a $40 per exam deposit is due by November 12, 2019. Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 3: Submit Balance Due – In late November, students who successfully initiated an exam order by following steps 1 and 2 above, will receive a personalized digital invoice for the applicable balance of fees due via email. Balance due paid in full by March 1, 2020.
General Policies and Information:
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be ordered in advance. Registration for the May 2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exams runs from now through November 12, 2019. NO late registration is possible.
2. The cost of each AP® exam is $94, with a deposit of $40 due by November 12. Families will be invoiced for the balance.
3. NEW: All students must join the online AP® Class on the College Board MyAP website at http://myap.collegeboard.org, even if not intending to take the exam, to be able to access course resources and materials.
To complete this step, students will log into the MyAP site with their College Board Profiles (the same accounts used to order SAT® exam, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® exam scores from previous years.)
If you have never created an account, you can start the account creation process on the College Board Account Help page. Once you’ve set up your account, or have reset access to the account, return to MyAP at http://myap.collegeboard.org to log in.
Once logged in, students will “JOIN” each subject that they are taking with a Join Code (an access code.) Join Codes will be distributed by your AP® Teachers in class. Codes are subject, teacher and period specific. You may have already completed this step in class in September!
Students will also complete the online MyAP Registration profile. (See FAQs).
4. Exam deposit submissions may be done via credit card or debit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online deposit form and in your e-mail order summary. Postmark deadline for Mail In deposit payments is November 7, 2019.
? Note that BOTH exam activation AND deposit submission must be completed by Nov 12, 2019 to enable your school’s AP Coordinator to successfully submit your exam order to College Board.
Students with a successful deposit submission will receive in February a custom and personalized exam invoice via email to the parent email address on the deposit form. The balance due can be submitted in installments. Payment is possible online with a credit or debit card or by mailing in a check or money order. Postmark deadlines apply.
The payment of the balance due is required to be paid in full by March 1, 2020.
Exams with a balance due outstanding by March 2, 2020 will be de-activated and the deposit forfeited. Exams cannot be re-activated.
5. Fee reductions are available to qualifying students which reduces the cost of exams significantly. To apply for a fee reduction, see Mrs. Hatfield to submit a request and to obtain a Fee Reduction Discount Code. Once you have the discount code, you can complete your online deposit submission form on this website. Where prompted, enter the code to reduce the exam price appropriately. Students who qualify for the exam Fee Reduction will submit the exam deposit of $5 per exam. All exam Fee Reduction Code usage will be verified by APTS with the school. Verified students will have no remaining balance due and will not receive an invoice in November.
6. Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel must submit a written request to email@example.com – include the student’s name, the school name, and the name of the exam the students wishes to cancel. Cancellations requests submitted by 11:59pm on November 12, 2019 will be eligible for a full refund. Cancellation requests submitted after November 12, 2019 and before 11:59pm on March 1, 2020 will be eligible for a partial refund ($40 will be retained per exam to cover the cost of the unused exam and administrative costs .) Cancellation requests submitted after March 1 will not be eligible for any refund. Unexcused absences from scheduled exams will also not be eligible for any refund.
7. Exam location information will be communicated to examinees closer to exam day. Check in for morning exams will be promptly at 7:30 AM. Afternoon exam check in will be promptly at 11:30 AM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sport’s coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org