Carefully read through the information and links below.
Registration Deadline: November 4, 2019 (midnight PST)
New Deadlines and New Procedures!
Step 1: Submit Exam Fee Deposit – To indicate intention and commitment to take an AP® exam in the May 2020 AP® Exam administration, a $40 per exam non-refundable deposit is due by November 4, 2019. Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 2: Activate Exam – Students must JOIN their AP® Class accounts on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org and indicate their exam decision to activate their exams. To access the site, create or use a current College Board Profile. (See FAQs for more details.) Deadline to Join and indicate your exam decision is November 4, 2019.
Step 3: Submit balance due – Starting on November 30, students who successfully activated an exam order by following steps 1 and 2 above, will receive a personalized invoice for the balance of fees due via email. Balance due paid in full by February 20, 2020.
- AP® Exam Calendar
- AP® Registration FAQs
- AP® Exam Test Day Information
- AP® Test Site Security Regulations
- Submit AP Exam Deposit
General Policies and Information:
1. All 2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be ordered in advance by submitting a non-refundable deposit of $40. The deposit period for May 2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exams opens on October 12, 2019 and closes on November 4, 2019 (11:59pm, PST).
The exam deposit is $40. The full cost of each AP® exam is $94. No late deposit submission is possible.
Registration is only possible for AP® courses currently offered at SRHS.
Scripps Ranch HS will be administering AP® Exams only to students enrolled at SRHS.
2. Students selecting to take an AP® Exam must also activate their exam on The College Board’s new MyAP system by November 4, 2019. To activate the exam students must:
– Obtain an AP® Class/Group Join Code from their Scripps Ranch HS AP® subject teacher
– Indicate a YES Exam Decision on the MyAP site on or before November 4, 2019
3. To initiate an AP® Exam order successfully, students MUST submit a deposit AND complete the Join step on MyAP by November 4, 2020.
Students who successfully initiated an exam order will begin receiving customized invoices via email on November 30. To complete the exam order process, the balance due must be submitted by February 20, 2020.
Having an exam fee balance outstanding by February 21, 2020 will result in the deactivation the exam order and will forfeit their non-refundable deposit.
4. Deposit and balance due payments for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online registration form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the parent email address you provide on the registration form. Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in deposit processing is October 31, 2019.
5. Give careful consideration to the purchase of each exam. Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel by midnight on November 4, 2019 will receive a full refund. Students who order and pay for an exam and who submit a cancellation after November 4, 2019 before April 20, 2020 will be eligible for a partial refund – The non-refundable deposit of $40 to cover the cost of the unused exam will be retained for all exams cancelled after November 4, 2019.
To cancel an exam, students must submit the cancellation notification before the applicable deadline to email@example.com and include the student’s name, your school’s name, and the name of the exam the student wishes to cancel. Cancellation requests submitted after April 20, 2020 will be considered a courtesy notification to the school and will not be eligible for any refund. No-shows on the day of the exam will not be eligible for any refund. There is no exchanging or re-selling of exams.
6. Fee reductions are available to students who qualify based on College Board and Federal Free-Reduced Lunch Program guidelines. In order to qualify for a reduction, families must meet specific income guidelines. In order to register for AP® tests at the reduced fee, please see VP Mr. Lawson before October 30th to apply for a Fee Reduction Code. Your code will allow you to submit your customized deposit on the APTS website and purchase your exam(s) at the reduced amount. The deadline to request a fee reduction code from Mr. Lawson is October 30, 2019.
7. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:00 a.m. Afternoon exams check in will begin promptly at 11:45 a.m. Exam instruction reading will begin as soon as check in is completed. Students who arrive after exam administration begins will not be admitted. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
8. Information regarding testing rooms and locations will be posted on the SRHS website in April.
9. Students who would like to register for two exams offered at the exact same date and time should complete the deposit form fully and select the subjects regardless of date, and submit payment. The student will be contacted by APTS to alert them which of the two AP® Exams they have been assigned to for an alternate date and what that date/time details are. Assignments will be made based on numbers and space/proctor availability.
10. Special Accommodations: To be able to test with accommodations on an AP® exam, a student must be approved by the College Board Services for Students with Disabilities division. Information can be obtained by email from your counselor or the SRHS SSD Coordinator, Ms. Swain. Applications must be submitted in advance for approval from College Board. To apply, submit to your student’s counselor the College Board SSD Authorization Form by January 13, 2020 to ensure College Board reviews the application before AP® exam administration in May.
11. College Board is extremely strict regarding qualifying for rescheduling an AP® exam to the Late Testing (make-up) window. In addition, the reason for requesting late testing must also meet the California Educational Code regulations for excused absences. In conjunction with College Board regulations, San Diego City Schools approved reasons to reschedule an exam include: extreme illness (hospitalization or medical care, a doctor’s note will be required), bereavement, court appearance, conflict with another AP® exam, or a school sponsored sport or academic event. Additional fees may apply and documentation may be required. Students are NOT eligible for Late Testing for reasons such as: family trips, conflict with an in-class exam/activity, or having selected the incorrect AP® exam subject when you submitted your order. Contact your site AP® Coordinator for more information – deadlines for ordering the alternate exam materials apply and vary per subject.
Questions or need assistance? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-855-663-8348.