Carefully read through the information and links below.
Deadlines and Procedures:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students log into their AP® Exam Groups on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org to join the online AP® Exam group. (See FAQs for more information and details.) See Deadlines Below.
Step 2: Fee Submission – Click on Submit AP® Exam Payment below and complete the online payment form to submit fees. All students complete the online payment form, regardless of method of payment. See Deadlines Below.
- 2021 AP® Exam Calendar
- AP® Registration FAQs
- AP® Exam Test Day Security Regulations
- Submit AP® Exam Payment
General Policies and Information:
1. Students should consult with their AP® teachers about registering for the AP® Exams.
2. Exam registration for 2021 exams requires two steps by the applicable deadline: activation of your exam on the College Board MyAP site AND submission of exam fees.
3. Deadlines to submit your exam registration are based on the commencement date of your course. (For example, if your course commenced in Quarter 2, you will register starting November 23 and will need to meet the January 15 deadline.)
Course Commencement Date
Exam Registration Opening Date
Exam Registration and Payment Deadline
LATE Exam Registration and Payment Deadline (Penalty fees apply)
October 3, 2020
October 30, 2020
March 5, 2021
November 23, 2020
January 15, 2021
March 5, 2021
Students who are enrolled in courses that commence in Quarter 2 will not be able to complete the registration steps until the Quarter 2 window commences.
4. To Activate an Exam on the College Board MyAP site students log into their College Board profile accounts via http://myap.collegeboard.org
College Board Profile accounts are the same accounts used to order SAT exams or to collect prior year PSAT or AP exam scores. Students who have never taken one of those exams should create a new profile.
Once logged into MyAP, students will JOIN the AP Class with a teacher and subject specific Join Code (Access Code.) Student can obtain the Join Codes from their Teachers.
Students will then be prompted to complete the online registration profile in MyAP.
ALL students should complete the Join Step by the applicable deadline to become part of the online AP Class community and access free College Board course resources, regardless of whether they are taking the exam.
5. Exam Fees: The cost of each AP® Exam is $95.00 each.
All exams must be ordered online through the APTS system, which accepts credit card and debit card payments. A 3% online payment fee will be added to the total. This fee covers the additional charges by third-party processors and is not collected by Scripps Ranch High School. If you do not wish to use the online payment option, you may mail in check or money order payment to APTS. Mail in payment must be postmarked by October 26, 2020 to ensure timely processing for the Quarter 1 deadline. Instructions regarding the mailing in of the check or money order payment will be emailed to the parent email address provided on the registration form upon completion of the form.
Late fee submission for courses that commence in Quarter 1 will be possible from November 23, 2020 through March 5, 2021 with a $40 penalty fee per exam.
NO exam fee submissions will be processed after March 5, 2021. Exams that are active on MyAP without a corresponding fee submission by March 5, 2021 will be deactivated and not ordered.
6. Students who fail to complete BOTH the exam activation step and the fee submission by the deadline will not have a fully complete exam order and no order will be submitted for them to College Board. BOTH activation and fee submission is required.
7. Refunds/Cancellation: Students who submit a cancellation request by 11:59pm PST on April 10, 2021 will receive a full refund of the base exam fees. Late registration fees and credit card fees are non-refundable Exams cancelled after April 10 or examinees who no show on exam day are not eligible for a refund. To cancel email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the student name, name of the school and the title of the exam to cancel. Cancellation and refund request deadline extended to April 30.
8. Fee reductions are available to students who qualify based on College Board and Federal Free-Reduced Lunch Program guidelines. In order to qualify for a reduction, families must meet specific income guidelines. In order to register for AP® tests at the reduced fee, please contact Scripps Ranch AP Coordinator, VP Mr. Parra at email@example.com before October 30th to apply for a Fee Reduction Code. Your code will allow you to submit your customized deposit on the APTS website and purchase your exam(s) at the reduced amount. The deadline to request a fee reduction code from Mr. Parra is October 28, 2020 for Quarter 1.
9. Exam Day details will be communicated to examinees by the school closer to the actual exam date. General Information to keep in mind: Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:30 a.m. Afternoon exams check in will begin promptly at 11:45 a.m. Exam instruction reading will begin as soon as check in is completed. Students who arrive after exam administration begins will not be admitted. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
10. Students who would like to register for two exams offered at the exact same date and time should complete the deposit form fully and select the subjects regardless of date, and submit payment. The student will be contacted by APTS to alert them which of the two AP® Exams they have been assigned to for an alternate date and what that date/time details are. Assignments will be made based on numbers and space/proctor availability.
11. Special Accommodations: To be able to test with accommodations on an AP® exam, a student must be approved by the College Board Services for Students with Disabilities division. Information can be obtained by email from your counselor or the SRHS SSD Coordinator, Ms. Swain. Applications must be submitted in advance for approval from College Board. To apply, submit to your student’s counselor the College Board SSD Authorization Form by January 15, 2021 to ensure College Board reviews the application before AP® exam administration in May.
12. College Board is extremely strict regarding qualifying for rescheduling an AP® exam to the Late Testing (make-up) window. In addition, the reason for requesting late testing must also meet the California Educational Code regulations for excused absences. In conjunction with College Board regulations, San Diego City Schools approved reasons to reschedule an exam include: extreme illness (hospitalization or medical care, a doctor’s note will be required), bereavement, court appearance, conflict with another AP® exam, or a school sponsored sport or academic event. Additional fees may apply and documentation may be required. Students are NOT eligible for Late Testing for reasons such as: family trips, conflict with an in-class exam/activity, or having selected the incorrect AP® exam subject when you submitted your order. Contact your site AP® Coordinator for more information – deadlines for ordering the alternate exam materials apply and vary per subject.
Questions or need assistance? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-855-663-8348.