Please read carefully through all information below.
Registration Deadline: November 1, 2019 (midnight MST)*
New Deadlines and New Procedures!
Step 1: Submit Exam Fee Deposit – To take an AP® exam in the May 2020 AP® Exam administration, a $40 per exam deposit is due by November 1, 2019. Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 2: Activate Exam – Students must JOIN their AP® Class accounts on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org and indicate your exam decision. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See FAQs for more details.) Deadline to activate the exam is November 1, 2019.*
Step 3: Submit Balance Due – In November, students who successfully submitted a deposit will receive a personalized invoice for the applicable balance of fees due via email. Balance due paid in full by February 14, 2020.
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be ordered in advance. REGISTRATION FOR MAY 2020 ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP®) EXAMINATIONS RUNS FROM OCTOBER 4, 2019 UNTIL NOVEMBER 1, 2019 (Midnight MST).
2. The cost of each AP® exam is $94. The 5th exam and beyond is free to students currently enrolled in or who have taken the AP® class.
3. No new orders will be initiated after November 1, 2019.
4. Exam deposit submissions for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online registration form and in your e-mail confirmation. Postmark deadline for Mail In payments is October 28, 2019.
Students with a successful deposit submission will receive in late November a custom and personalized exam invoice via email to the parent email address on the deposit form. The balance due can be submitted in installments. Payment is possible online with a credit or debit card or by mailing in a check or money order. Postmark deadlines apply.
The payment of the balance due is required to be paid in full by February 21, 2020. Late payment submission is possible from February 22 through March 6, 2020 with a penalty fee of $10 per exam. Exams with a balance due outstanding by March 6, 2020 will be cancelled and the deposit forfeited.
5. NEW: All students must activate their AP® Exam by joining the online AP® Class on the College Board MyAP website at http://myap.collegeboard.org
To complete this step, students will log into the MyAP site with their College Board Profiles (the same accounts used to order SAT® exam, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® exam scores from previous years.)
Once logged in, students will “JOIN” each subject that they are taking with a Join Code (an access code.) Join Codes will be distributed by HVA AP® Teachers in class. Codes are subject, teacher and period specific. ALL Students should complete the join step, even if not intending to take the exam, to be able to access course resources and materials.
Students choosing to take the AP® Exam in May must then set their Exam Decision Indicator from Undecided to Yes to activate the exam.
⇒Deadline to Join and indicate your exam decision for courses that run in the FALL Semester only or are yearlong is November 1, 2019.
⇒Deadline to Join and indicate your exam decision for courses that run in the SPRING Semester only is February 21, 2020. (Students are unable to join the Spring courses on MyAP until they commence.)
Students will also complete the online MyAP Registration profile. (See FAQs).
6. Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel must submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org – include the student’s name, Sandia HS name, and the name of the exam the students wishes to cancel. The non-refundable deposit of $40 will be retained per exam. To be eligible for the partial refund, students must submit written notification no later than March 6, 2020 (Midnight, MST.)
7. Fee reductions are available to qualifying students based on income as well as enrollment which reduces the cost of exams significantly. To apply for a fee reduction, see Mr. Vopalka to obtain a Fee Reduction Discount Code. Once you have the discount code, you can complete your online deposit submission form on this website. Where prompted, enter the code to reduce the exam price appropriately. The balance due can then be paid online or by mail in.
Students who are registering for more than 5 exams and qualify for the reduction due to enrollment also need to see Mr. Vopalka for a Fee Reduction Code.
8. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:30 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for a morning exam at 7:15 AM. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 12:15 PM. Please arrive at your testing location for an afternoon exam at 12 PM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sport’s coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
9. For information regarding testing rooms and locations, please check your school’s website in April.
10. Please bring the following to your AP® exam: a photo ID, at least 2 sharpened # 2 pencils, erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable-see AP® Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries.
11. Cell phones, Smart Watches, iPods, MP3 players, etc. are NOT permitted in the testing room.
12. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
* Students enrolled in AP Macroeconomics that COMMENCES in the Spring semester may submit their exam deposits in the Fall but are not required to do so. These students, and ONLY these students will have the ability to submit an exam registration for these specific subjects with no penalty between February 2 and February 21, 2020.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org