Please read carefully through all information below.
Registration Deadline: November 4, 2020 (midnight MST)* EXTENDED TO NOV 5, 2020
Deadlines and Procedures:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students must JOIN their AP® Class accounts on the MyAP website at https://myap.collegeboard.org and indicate your exam decision. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See FAQs for more details.) Deadline to join the class activate the exam by clicking ‘Register for exam’ is November 4, 2020.*
Step 2: Submit Exam Deposit – To initiate the exam order, submit a $40 exam deposit by clicking the link below by November 4, 2020.* EXTENDED TO NOVEMBER 5
Step 3: Submit Balance Due – Students who successfully initiated an exam order before November 4, 2020 by completing BOTH steps above, will receive on December 1, 2020 a digital invoice via email for any applicable balance remaining. Balance due must be paid in full by February 12, 2021.*
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be ordered in advance. Registration for the May 2021 Advanced Placement (AP®) examinations runs from August 31, 2020 until November 4, 2020 (Midnight MST).*
2. The cost of each AP® exam is $95. The 5th exam and beyond is free to students currently enrolled in or who have taken the AP® class.
To initiate the order, a deposit of $40 is due by November 4, 2020. The balance due will be invoiced and must be paid in full by February 12, 2021.*
3. No new orders will be initiated after November 4, 2020*
4. Exam deposit submissions for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online registration form and in your e-mail confirmation. Postmark deadline for Mail In payments is October 31, 2020.
Student who submitted a deposit by November 4, 2020* and who activated their exam on MyAP will receive via email from APTS at the PARENT Email address provided on the deposit form an invoice for the applicable balance due. Balance due invoices will be released on December 1, 2020. The balance due must be paid in full by February 12, 2021.
Exams with an outstanding balance as of February 13, 2021 will be cancelled.
5. All students must activate their AP® Exam by joining the online AP® Class on the College Board MyAP website at http://myap.collegeboard.org
To complete this step, students will log into the MyAP site with their College Board Profiles (the same accounts used to order SAT® exam, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® exam scores from previous years.)
Once logged in, students will “JOIN” each subject that they are taking with a Join Code (an access code.) Join Codes will be distributed by HVA AP® Teachers in class. Codes are subject, teacher and period specific. ALL Students should complete the join step, even if not intending to take the exam, to be able to access course resources and materials.
Students choosing to take the AP® Exam in May must then click on “Register for Exam” in the MyAP System.
⇒ Deadline to Join and activate your exam for courses that run in the FALL Semester only or are yearlong is November 4, 2020.
⇒ Deadline to Join and activate your exam for courses that run in the SPRING Semester only is February 12, 2021. (Students are unable to join the Spring courses on MyAP until they commence.)
Students will also complete the online MyAP Registration profile. (See FAQs).
6. Cancellation: 100% refund is possible through November 4, 2020. Once testing order is made, if you decide to cancel there are no refunds issued. To cancel, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the student’s name, name of the school, and the title of the exam to cancel. (Students in the SPRING Macroeconomics course which COMMENCES in the spring semester, may cancel their exams for a full refund up through February 12, 2021.)
7. Fee reductions are available to qualifying students based on income as well as enrollment which reduces the cost of exams significantly. To apply for a fee reduction, see Mr. Vopalka to obtain a Fee Reduction Discount Code. Once you have the discount code, you can complete your online deposit submission form on this website. Where prompted, enter the code to reduce the exam price appropriately. The fee due can then be paid online or by mail in.
Students who are registering for more than 5 exams and qualify for the reduction due to enrollment also need to see Mr. Vopalka for a Fee Reduction Code.
8. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:30 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for a morning exam at 7:15 AM. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 12:15 PM. Please arrive at your testing location for an afternoon exam at 12 PM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sport’s coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
9. For information regarding testing rooms and locations, please check your school’s website in April.
10. Please bring the following to your AP® exam: a photo ID, at least 2 sharpened # 2 pencils, erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable-see AP® Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries.
11. Cell phones, Smart Watches, iPods, MP3 players, etc. are NOT permitted in the testing room.
12. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
* Students enrolled in AP Macroeconomics that COMMENCES in the Spring semester may submit their exam deposits in the Fall but are not required to do so. These students, and ONLY these students will have the ability to submit an exam registration for these specific subjects with no penalty between January 5 and February 12, 2021. Fees collected in the Spring will be the full $95 exam fee.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org