Students and families enrolled at Roslyn High School can learn here about registration for the 2021 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exams. The AP® Exam registration information and policies are posted below.
Please read through this information carefully.
EXAM REGISTRATION DEADLINES AND PROCEDURES
Step 1: Activate your Exam on MyAP – Students will activate their AP® Exams on the College Board MyAP system at http://myap.collegeboard.org during the “Join Days” on October 5 & 6, 2020.* An active College Board profile log in will be needed (see FAQs for more information.)
Step 2: Submit exam fees – Students will receive from APTS at their Roslyn HS email addresses starting on or around October 20, 2020, their customized exam fee invoices. Exam fees are due paid in full by November 5, 2020.*
1. To activate an AP® Exam order for the May 2021 exam administration, students will log into their College Board profiles via http://myap.collegeboard.org during the Roslyn HS Fall in-class “Join Days” on October 5 & 6, 2020.*
To link their exam subject to their profiles, students will receive from each of their AP® teachers a Join Code (or access code). Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Any student absent on the Join Days, will have until October 9, 2020 to activate their exams.
The MyAP system will prompt students to complete a MyAP Profile – please make sure to enter your full legal name, the correct school of attendance, your student ID number, and your Roslyn HS email address to enable receipt of important alerts from College Board and APTS.
Please see the FAQs for more information.
2. Payment submission for AP® exams will be done online through APTS. Students with active exam orders will receive on or around October 20, 2020 a custom digital invoice. Invoices will be emailed to the email address on the student’s College Board profile (i.e. their Roslyn HS email address.)
Fees are due paid in full by November 5, 2020.*
The fees due can be submitted either by online payment (credit or debit card), or via mailing in a check or money order. Instructions will be provided in the invoice.
Use of a credit or debit card to complete the online payment form will incur a 3% credit card processing fee. Students may choose to avoid that fee by mailing in a check or money order to the address provided in the invoice instructions. Mail in options should be payable to “APTS.” If you select this option, you must postmark your payment on or before October 30, 2020 to ensure timely processing.*
Late payment submission is not possibl.e
3. The cost per exam is $95.00. Without payment of the exam fees due, the student will not be allowed to sit for the May exam administration.
4. Students enrolled in AP® courses at Roslyn High School are required to sit for, pay for and take the exam that accompanies the course. No cancellations or refunds are possible.
5. Students enrolled in AP Physics C: Please note that AP® Physics C consists of TWO AP® Exams (AP® Physics C: Mechanics and AP® Physics C: Electricity & Magnetism). You will be charged a $95 fee for each of the exams.
6. Per College Board regulations: students MAY NOT take both the AP® Calculus AB and the AP® Calculus BC exams in the same calendar year. In addition, only students who have completed the AP® Computer Science Principles required in-class assessment due to College Board on April 30 may sit for the May exam.
7. Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, contact Mr. Lazarus at email@example.com. Approval may take several days so it is critical to apply early. Approval for fee reductions will be based on criteria established by the College Board. Students who are approved will receive a fee reduction code to apply to the online AP® exam registration form.
8.If you believe that you receive test modifications, please see Mr. Lazarus. Deadline to initiate an application accommodations with the College Board is January 15, 2021. (Students do not need to re-apply annually.)
9. Students who are registering for two exams scheduled on the exact same date and same time will be eligible for late testing for one of the exams. Late testing will occur between May 18-21, 2021. There is no special action needed by the student. Conflicts will be checked for by APTS and the school will then determine which exam you will be assigned to for late testing based on facilities and numbers. You will receive an email notification alerting you to the change.
10. Exam day specifics will be communicated by the school closer to the exam administration date. However, review these general instructions: Check in for morning exams will be promptly at 7:30 a.m. Afternoon exam check in will be promptly at 12:00 p.m. (noon). Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® Exam early.
*Students enrolled in courses that COMMENCE in the Spring/Second semester will be participate in MyAP “Join Days” once the course commences (February 8 and 9, 2021), and will receive an invoice for the exam corresponding to the Spring courses in February. The student in the Spring courses, and only these courses, will be able to submit exam fees without penalty between February 15 and February 25, 2021.
Questions or need assistance? Please call 1-855-663-8348 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org