Students and Families enrolled at Powell High School can register here for the 2023 Advanced Placement (AP®) Administration. Please read all information and terms carefully.
Fall Registration Deadline: November 1, 2022.
Spring Registration Deadline: March 1, 2023.
Exam Fees: $97 per exam
PROCEDURES FOR MAY 2023 EXAMS:
STEP 1: Activate your exam – Log into the College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org using your College Board profile and apply the ‘Join Code’ (access code) you receive from your teacher for each of your subjects. (See FAQs for details) Click on ‘Register for Exam’ to activate your exam. For yearlong and Fall courses, deadline to activate the exam on MyAP is November 1, 2022.
For Spring courses, deadline to join the course on MyAP is March 1, 2023
STEP 2: Submit exam fees – Click on “Submit fees for AP® Exams” below and submit your fees. For yearlong and Fall courses, fees are due by November 1, 2022. Deadline for Spring Courses is March 1, 2023.
REGISTRATION FOR MAY 2023 AP® EXAMS WILL RUN FROM:
- Fall Semester: August 1, 2022 through November 1, 2022 (Midnight EST)
- Spring Semester: January 1, 2023 through March 1, 2023 (Midnight EST)
1.Exam registration for 2023 exams requires two steps: activation of your exam on the College Board MyAP site AND submission of exam fees. (See FAQs for more information on the MyAP activation process.)
Students enrolled in AP®courses that commence in the Fall Semester will have the opportunity to activate their AP® Exams and submit fees between August 1 and November 1, 2022.
*Students enrolled in AP® courses that commence in the Spring will have the opportunity to activate their AP® Exams and submit fees between January 1, 2023 and March 1, 2023
Students enrolled in Spring semester AP® Courses may submit payment for these exams in advance, but it is not recommended since there are no refunds.
No late registration is available.
2. The cost of each AP® Exam is $97.00 each.
Payment for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3.1% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online registration form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the parent email address you provide on the registration form.
Late registration is not available.
3. Students are required to be at testing site 15 minutes prior to exam time. 7:45am for 8:00am exams and 11:45am for 12:00pm exams. Exam location will be provided on Canvas closer to exam date.
4. Please keep in mind that many colleges will award credit for AP® Test scores of 3 or higher. Powell High School therefore recommends that you participate in taking the exam(s). You will have the option of sending scores to colleges you may want to attend.
5. Homeschool and outside students must receive permission to test with Powell High School before submitting payment. Please speak to the Powell High School AP® Coordinator for more information.
6. Fee reductions are possible for qualifying students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please submit the Powell High School Fee Reduction application linked below to AP® Coordinator, Elizabeth Patt, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once eligibility has been confirmed, you will be provided with a Fee Reduction Code that will reduce the price of the exam(s) on the payment form to the appropriate amount.
7. Refunds and cancellations are not possible as per Powell HS Policies.
8. College and universities with AP® Credit Policies can be found on the College Board’s website at https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/creditandplacement – It is the student’s responsibility to verify that the college they plan to attend will accept AP® credit and submit scores to their university/college of choice.
9. AP® exam program information is available in the College Board “AP® Bulletin for Students and Parents.”
Technical questions or need assistance? Contact email@example.com or call toll free 1-855-663-8348