Registration Deadline: October 31, 2023
Exam Fee: $98 per exam
Deadlines and Procedures:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students must JOIN their AP® Class accounts on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See FAQs for more details.) Joining the class activates the exam (this join step has likely been completed in class). Deadline is October 31, 2023
Step 2: Submit Exam Fees – Students choosing to take the AP® exam in May 2024 must submit exam fees by clicking on the link below. Payment deadline is due October 31, 2023.
General Policies and Information:
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be ordered in advance by submitting activating the exam on MyAP (http://myap.collegeboard) by joining the class AND by submitting exam fees.
2. The exam fee is $98.
3. To activate the exam:
– Obtain an AP® Class/Group Join Code from their PLHS AP® subject teacher (Teacher will distribute these codes in class – Join Codes are like access codes and are teacher, subject and period specific.
– ALL students should complete the Join Step by the applicable deadline to become part of the online AP Class community and access free College Board course resources, regardless of whether they are taking the exam.
– Deadline to activate the exam on MyAP is October 31, 2023.
4. Submit Exam Fees: Exam fee payments for exams is submitted by completing the online payment form on this site. Fees may be submitted via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3.1% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online payment form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the parent email address you provide on the registration form. Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in fee processing is October 26, 2023.
Late fee submission will be possible from November 16, 2023 through March 5, 2024 with a $40 penalty fee per exam.
NO exam fee submissions will be processed after March 5, 2024. Exams that are active on MyAP without a corresponding fee submission will be deactivated and not ordered.
5. Fee reductions are available to students who are currently on the Free and Reduced Lunch Program. If you are currently on the Free and Reduced Lunch Program, the fee is $5 per test. In order to register for AP® tests at the reduced price, please complete the steps below ASAP. If your application is approved, you will receive a Fee Reduction Code. Once you receive your code you will be able to register on the APTS payment website at the reduced amount. Code usage is verified with APTS.
How to Request Reduced Exam Fees
AP will allow reduced exam fees for specific qualifications – full details HERE
Reduced exam fees must be determined each year and no one is automatically qualified.
To qualify for reduced exam fees, families must complete the LCFF form.
* LCFF means Local Control Funding Formula and by completing this short form, it determines funding for schools and eligibility for other supports like reduced exam fees. More details can be found HERE
* The LCFF form is in the Parent PowerSchool Portal HERE
* This is an instruction document to help complete the form HERE
* If you don’t know how to access your PowerSchool Parent Portal, please talk to your school’s site tech or front office manager to get access.
6. Cancellations/Refunds: Students who request an exam cancellation by October 31, 2023 will be eligible for a full refund of exam fees. Credit/debit card fees are non-refundable. Exam cancellation requests submitted after October 31, 2023 and before 11:59pm PST on April 1, 2024 will be eligible for a partial refund. A $40 College Board cancellation penalty fee will be retained. Students who submitted a reduction price exam fee will forfeit the payment on file. To cancel email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, name of your school, the title of the exam to cancel.
7. Exam day location and reporting information will be communicated by your school closer to exam day.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at email@example.com