Students and families enrolled at Plainview-Old Bethpage John F. Kennedy High School can learn here about payment for the 2023 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exams. The AP® Exam registration information and policies are posted below.
Please read through this information carefully.
Payment deadline: November 10, 2022
EXAM REGISTRATION DEADLINES AND PROCEDURES
Step 1: Activate your Exam on MyAP – Students will all activate their AP® Exams on the College Board MyAP system at http://myap.collegeboard.org by joining their MyAP AP® Classrooms using the teacher join codes (this step has been completed in class in September.)
Step 2: Submit exam fees – Starting on or around October 1, 2022, students will receive a customized exam fee invoice from APTS to the email address linked on their MyAP Account. Exam fees are due and must be paid in full by November 10, 2022.
All POBJFKHS students taking an AP course are expected to take the corresponding AP Exam in May.
- The cost of the examination must be pre-paid by a parent or guardian.
- AP grades carry a weight of 7% in a student’s cumulative grade point average.
- The “AP” designation and weighting will be removed from the official transcript if the student does not take the AP exam. The weighting will be changed to 5% consistent with Honors and College courses.
1. All students must activate their MyAP Profiles and link to their AP Classrooms via http://myap.collegeboard.org
To activate an AP® Exam order for the May 2023 exam administration, students will log into their College Board profiles via http://myap.collegeboard.org and link their AP courses with a join code. This step was completed in class in September.
(If you do not attend POBJFKHS or are self-studying for an exam, please contact the POBJFKHS AP Coordinator, Ms. Lynn (firstname.lastname@example.org), for a special Exam Only code to apply to your MyAP account.)
2. All students must submit exam fees corresponding to their AP Exams. Exams are $97 each. AP Capstone course exams are $145 each.
Payment submission for AP® exams will be submitted online through APTS.
Students with active exam orders will receive on or around October 1, 2022, a custom digital invoice. Invoices will be emailed to the email address on the student’s College Board profile.
Fees are due and must be paid in full by November 10, 2022.
The fees due can be submitted either by online payment (credit or debit card), or via mailing in a check or money order. Instructions will be provided in the invoice.
Use of a credit or debit card to complete the online payment form will incur a 3.1% credit card processing fee. Students may choose to avoid that fee by mailing in a check or money order to the address provided in the invoice instructions. Mail-in payment must be payable to “APTS.” If you select this option, your payment must be postmarked on or before November 5, 2022 to ensure timely processing.
Free and Reduced Lunch Students: Fee reductions are possible for qualified students and will automatically be reflected on your invoice if you have been approved for Free-Reduced Lunch status for 2022-2023. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, contact Ms. Lynn at email@example.com Approval may take several days so it is critical to apply early. Approval for fee reductions will be based on criteria established by the College Board. Students who are approved after the initial invoice release will receive an updated invoice.
Changes to exam orders:
- Students who add an exam order after November 15, 2022 will incur a $40 per exam penalty fee. No orders will be accepted or processed after March 1, 2023.
- The decision not to take the AP exam must be submitted in writing by a parent/guardian by April 1, 2023, to the AP Coordinator, Ms. Lynn. As with any schedule change, colleges that the student has applied to will be notified of this change. A $40 per exam penalty fee will be retained to cover the cost of the College Board cancellation fee.
Test Accommodations: Students that have been approved by College Board to receive test accommodations will receive their accommodations for each of their AP exams. If you have questions regarding test accommodations, please contact your school counselor. The deadline to initiate an application accommodations with the College Board is January 18, 2023. (Students do not need to re-apply annually.)
Test Day: Exam day specifics will be communicated by the school closer to the exam administration date.
Questions or need assistance? Please call 1-855-663-8348 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org