Exam Registration Deadline: November 5, 2023*
Deadline to pay balance due or add a late order: March 5, 2024
Exam Fee: $98 per exam
How do I place an AP® exam order?
Step 1: Submit Exam Fee Deposit – To take an AP® exam in the May 2024 AP® Exam administration, a $40 per exam deposit is due by November 5, 2023. ** Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 2: Activate Exam – Students must activate their exams on The College Board MyAP site by JOINing their AP® Class on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. You will then ‘Join’ your classes by entering a Join Code (Access Code) that will link you to your specific teacher and subject. Deadline to Join the online exam group and activate your exam is November 1, 2023.**
Both Step 1 and 2 must be completed by November 5, 2023 to activate the exam order. Failure to complete both steps 1 and 2 by the deadline means the AP Coordinator for your school cannot submit an exam order as initiated with College Board and will incur penalty fees. **
Step 3: Submit balance due – On or around January 31, 2024, students who successfully completed steps 1 and 2 above will receive a personalized invoice for the applicable balance of fees due via email. Balance due paid in full by March 5, 2024.
Tips for setting up your College Board Profile on MyAP:
– Use an email address that you will have access to throughout high school AND university
– Make sure to enter your COMPLETE legal name to prevent issues with sending score reports to colleges and universities
– Enter your school student ID number to assist your school in reporting your attendance to the exam to your school AND help identify errors in names.
I can’t access my College Board Profile account or am not sure I have one. What do I do?
The College Board Profile is the same account used to access your past years’ AP® scores, PSAT® scores, and SAT® scores. Do not create a new one! Each student should have only ONE unique account. If you are unable to access the account, try using the ‘Forget Password?’ link on http://myap.collegeboard.org OR email firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 888-225-5427 for assistance.
Where do I get the Join Code to complete the join step on the MyAP site?
Join Codes are subject, teacher, and period specific. Please see your AP® teacher ASAP to complete the step by November 1.
What if I miss the November deadline to submit a deposit?
It is CRUCIAL to meet the November 5 deadline. Late Registration with a penalty fee of $40 per exam will be possible November 16, 2023 through March 5, 2024. Late registrations must submit the full exam fee and late fee at that time ($138 per exam.)
I haven’t received my invoice for the exam fee balance that is due?
Please email email@example.com for assistance – include in the email your name, name of your school, and your request for your invoice to be reissued. (Note that the invoices are emailed to the parent email address provided on the deposit submission form.)
I missed the March deadline to submit my balance due? What do I do?
It is crucial to meet the March 5 deadline. Failure to submit the balance due by March 5, 2024 means that the exam order will be cancelled, the deposit forfeited, and the student will not be able to sit for the exam. Please be timely with your balance payment.
My course doesn’t start until January. What do I do?
Students enrolled in the following courses for the SPRING Semester (i.e. the course COMMENCES in January), may submit a deposit for those exams in the fall but it is not required. Students enrolled in those spring semester courses – and only those students – may submit fees for those exams through March 5, 2024 with no penalty. Students will be able to activate those exams once that course commences.
How do I submit the exam fees?
Deposit and Payment for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3.1% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online deposit form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the email address you provide on the registration form. Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in deposit processing is November 1, 2023.
Invoices for the balance due will be emailed out to the parent email address provided on the deposit form. Invoices will have the same payment options as above. Postmark deadline for timely submission of your balance due is February 28, 2024.
Can I cancel my exam?
Students deciding to cancel the AP® Exam(s) that they have registered for may cancel before midnight, May 1, 2024 and receive a partial refund of the base exam fees (credit card fees are non-refundable and a $40 College Board cancellation penalty fee is retained, i.e.you will forfeit your deposit.) To cancel an exam, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, the name of your school, your student ID number, and the title of the exam you wish to cancel
Any exam cancellation requests submitted after May 1, 2024 or no shows on exam day will not be eligible for any refund. No exam cancellations will be processed after May 1, 2024.
Can I change when I take the exam?
Exam times are set by The College Board. Note that AP® Exams must be taken only at the times established by The College Board. Exams administered by PLVS HS will be at the following dates and times set by The College Board. See the calendar at the link below.
Is there financial aid available for the 2024 AP® exams?
All students will submit a $40 exam deposit. Students qualifying for a fee reduction or subsidy on the final cost of the AP® Exams will automatically receive a modified/adjust invoice on January 31, 2024.
- Fee waive/reduction requirements and pricing:
- Qualify for Federal Free/Reduced Lunch Program – Exam price reduced from $98 to $48
- Dual enrolled with UNO – Exam price reduced to $0
- Dual enrolled with Wesleyan – Exam price reduced from $98 to $48
- PLCS AP® Scholarship Grant – Varied
- Approved students will receive in January a modified personal invoices for the reduced balance due, if applicable.
- Students who submitted a $40 deposit and are eligible for an exam fee that is LOWER than $40 per exam will be eligible for a refund at the end of May if they sit for the May 2024 exam administration. Students who no show or cancel will forfeit their exam deposit.
- Students who register late will be required to submit the full exam fee at that time ($98) along with the $40 late registration fee, and will be refunded as appropriate once confirmed that they have tested.
- Fee waive/reduction requirements and pricing:
What if I get sick and can’t make the exam?
There are provisions for students who become sick or injured during or right before testing. In case of such an emergency, please contact your AP® Coordinator at your school IMMEDIATELY. A doctor’s note will be required. IMMEDIATE contact – if ill on the day of the scheduled exam – is crucial due to the deadlines involved in ordering make up materials.
Where do I report for my exams?
Exam location information will be shared with examinees by your school closer to the exam dates in May.
* Students enrolled in courses for the SPRING Semester (i.e. the course COMMENCES in January), may submit a deposit for those exams in the fall but it is not required. Students enrolled in those spring semester courses – and only those students – may submit fees for those exams through March 5, 2024 with no penalty. Students will be able to activate those exams once that course commences. The full exam fee will be due at that time in the Spring.