Families and students enrolled at Patrick Henry High School, can submit exam fees here for the 2021 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam Administration.
Registration Deadlines and Steps:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students log into their AP® Exam Groups on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org to join the online AP® Exam group and then Activate the exam by clicking “Register for Exam.” (See FAQs for more information and details.) See Deadlines Below.
Step 2: Fee Submission – Click on Submit AP® Exam Fees below and complete the online payment form to submit fees. All students complete the online payment form, regardless of method of payment. See Deadlines Below.
1. Exam registration for 2021 exams requires two steps by the applicable deadline: activation of your exam on the College Board MyAP site AND submission of exam fees.
2. Deadlines to submit your exam registration are based on the commencement date of your course. (For example, if your course commenced in Quarter 2, you will need to meet the February deadline.)
Course Commencement Date
Exam Registration Opening Date
Exam Registration and Payment Deadline
Fall - Quarter 1
October 19, 2020
November 1, 2020
Spring - Quarter 3
February 15, 2021
February 28, 2021
Students who are enrolled in courses that commence in Quarter 2 may submit fees during Quarter 1 but it is not required nor recommended since certain fees are non-refundable.
3. To Activate an Exam on the College Board MyAP site students log into their College Board profile accounts via http://myap.collegeboard.org
College Board Profile accounts are the same accounts used to order SAT exams or to collect prior year PSAT or AP exam scores. Students who have never taken one of those exams should create a new profile.
Once logged into MyAP, students will JOIN the AP Class with a teacher and subject specific Join Code (Access Code.) Student can obtain the Join Codes from their Teachers.
Students will then be prompted to complete the online registration profile in MyAP.
ALL students should complete the Join Step by the applicable deadline to become part of the online AP Class community and access free College Board course resources, regardless of whether they are taking the exam.
Students taking the exam should then click on “Register for Exam” to activate the exams for which they will esting in May 2021.
4. Exam Fees: The cost of each AP® Exam is $95.00 each.
All exams must be ordered online through the APTS system, which accepts credit card and debit card payments. A 3% online payment fee will be added to the total. This fee covers the additional charges by third-party processors and is not collected by the school. If you do not wish to use the online payment option, you may mail in check or money order payment to APTS. Mail in payment must be postmarked by February 24 to ensure timely processing for the Quarter 2/3/4 deadline. Instructions regarding the mailing in of the check or money order payment will be emailed to the parent email address provided on the registration form upon completion of the form.
Late fee submission is not possible.
5. Students who fail to complete BOTH the exam activation step and the fee submission by the deadline will not have a fully complete exam order and no order will be submitted for them to College Board. BOTH activation and fee submission is required.
6. Refunds/Cancellation: Students who decide to withdraw from one of their May 2021 AP Exams, may submit a cancellation request via the APTS Cancellation Desk at email@example.com – include student name, name of the school of attendance, and exam title to cancel. Exam cancellation requests submitted before 11:59pm on May 1, 2021 will be eligible for a full refund of exam fees (credit card fees are non-refundable.)
7. All students must agree to the terms of the PHHS AP® Contract as part of their online registration for exams. That contract is available for download HERE. Both parents and students need to review the contract and sign to acknowledge receipt of the regulations as part of the registration process.
8. Fee reductions are available to students who are currently on the Free and Reduced Lunch Program. If you are currently approved for the Free and Reduced Lunch Program, then answer YES to the question on the payment form asking if you are approved for a fee reduction and then enter the code KLDWEG to reduce the cost of the exam.
9. Exam day details and information will be released by the school closer to the exam administration. General information to be aware of: Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:30 a.m. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 11:45 a.m. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
10. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, you will be contacted after your registration and once the school has assigned you to an alternate date for one of the two exams.
11. Special Note: Per College Board regulations, only students who have submitted the required in-class assessment for AP® Computer Science Principles may register for the AP Computer Science Exam. Students who fail to submit the required work by April 30 to the College Board Digital Portfolio, will not be eligible to sit for the May exam.
For more information about College Board AP® exams, please review the College Board Bulletin for AP® Students and Parents available on the MyAP site.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org