Families and students enrolled at Patrick Henry High School, can submit exam fees here for the 2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam Administration.
NEW DEADLINES AND PROCEDURES:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students must activate their exams on The College Board MyAP site by joining their AP Class on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org with a special Join Code. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See FAQs for more details.) Students who choose to take the optional exams, must then activate the exam by clicking on “Register for Exam.” Deadline to activate your exam: November 1, 2019.
Step 2: Submit Exam Deposit – Submit a $40 per exam deposit for the exams you will be taking in May 2020. Deadline to submit deposit is November 1, 2019. Click on the link below to submit fees.
Step 3: Submit Balance of Fees Due – Students who successfully completed step 1 and 2 above will receive via email in November a personalized digital invoice for the applicable balance of fees due. Deadline to submit balance in full is March 1, 2020.
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be paid for and ordered in advance. Registration for May 2020 AP® Exams opens on September 11, 2019 and will close at 11:59pm PST on October 11, 2019.
2. All students enrolled in an AP® Class at PHHS need to join the College Board MyAP online AP® Class via http://myap.collegeboard.org to activate their exam.
To log in, students will use their College Board Profile – this is the same profile/account used to log in and order SAT® exams, or to retrieve prior year PSAT® and AP® exam scores. If a student does not yet have an account, they will need to create one.
To join the online class and activate the exam, students will need to have a Join Code (access code.) Codes are subject, teacher and period specific. They will be distributed by teachers in class after the add/drop period ends. (ALL Students should complete this step.)
Students will need to apply the Join Code for EACH of the subjects they are taking.
Once joined, students will be prompted to complete the online MyAP Registration profile.(See FAQs for more details.)
Students choosing to take the optional AP Exam must then activate the exam for each subject by clicking on “Register for Exam.” Deadline to activate the exam: November 1, 2020.
3. The cost of each AP® exam is $94.
All exams require a deposit submission of $40 per exam by November 1 via the online deposit form at the link below. The deposit form accepts credit card or debit card and also mail in payment options. To submit an order using check or money order, please complete the order online and follow the directions to mail your order form and payment to the address on your confirmation ticket. For check or money orders, you may deduct the service fee applicable to credit card transactions from your total submitted. Postmark deadline for mailing in a check or money order to the APTS processing center is October 28.
⇒ Students who do not complete BOTH steps 1 and 2 above (i.e. join the activate the AP® exam AND submit exam deposits by November 1, 2019, will not have an exam order submitted by College Board and the exam will automatically be deactivated on the MyAP site. No orders will be possible after November 1, 2019.
Students who successfully have an exam order complete by November 1, 2019 will receive via email at the PARENT email address on their deposit form a personalized digital invoice for the balance of fees due. Students can submit the balance of fees online using a credit or debit card, or by following the mail in instructions on the invoice.
Balance of fees must be paid in full by March 1, 2020 or the exam will be deactivated and the deposit forfeited.
4. All students must agree to the terms of the PHHS AP® Contract as part of their online registration for exams. That contract is available for download under AP® Exam Test Site Security Regulations. Both parents and students need to review the contract and sign to acknowledge receipt of the regulations as part of the registration process.
5. Fee reductions are available to students who are currently on the Free and Reduced Lunch Program. If you are currently on the Free and Reduced Lunch Program, the fee is $5 per test. In order to register for AP® tests, please see Counseling Secretary Ms. Sara Guinn and ask for your Fee Reduction Code. Once you receive your code you will be able to complete the deposit form on the APTS website. Your deposit amount will be reduced and your will not receive a follow up invoice. Deadline to register using the fee reduction is October 28.
6. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:30 a.m. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 11:45 a.m. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
7. Information regarding testing rooms and locations: Check back on the PHHS website in April.
8. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, you will be contacted after your registration and once the school has assigned you to an alternate date for one of the two exams.
9. Special Note: Per College Board regulations, only students who have submitted the required in-class assessment for AP® Computer Science Principles may register for the AP Computer Science Exam. Students who fail to submit the required work by April 30 to the College Board Digital Portfolio, will not be eligible to sit for the May exam.
For more information about College Board AP® exams, please review the College Board Bulletin for AP® Students and Parents available on the MyAP site.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org