Students and families enrolled in Mt. Carmel HS (Poway USD, CA), can submit payment here for the 2019-2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exams to be administered in May 2020.
- UPDATES: Click here for updates regarding 2020 AP Exams from The College Board
- Review the updated May 2020 AP Exam Calendar HERE
- Schedule of Free AP Instructional Videos on YouTube by expert AP Teachers from around the country: https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/pdf/ap-class-schedule-daily.pdf
New Deadlines and New Procedures to place an AP® Exam Order!
Step 1: Submit Exam Fees – To indicate intention and commitment to take an AP® exam in the May 2020 AP® Exam administration, submit exam fees by November 1, 2019 via the link below. (Site opens September 4.)
Step 2: Activate Exam – Students must JOIN their AP® Exam Groups on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org to activate the exam order and complete the process. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See FAQs for more details.) Students must Join the online AP Class no later than November 1, 2019 to activate the exam and complete their order.
General Policies and Information:
1. AP® Exams are optional exams at Mt. Carmel High School that correspond to AP® courses. Students choosing to sit for the AP® Exams must adhere to the following deadlines for 2019-2020:
[table id=26 /]
2. The cost of each AP® Exam is $100 each.
Payments for exams may be submitted by credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online payment form. Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in payment processing is October 29, 2019.Submit AP® Exam Payment
3. Fee reduction/assistance: Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please complete the following steps to apply for a reduction:
- Complete a Free/Reduced Lunch application at http://myschoolapps.com before Friday, October 18, 2019.
- Submit a copy of your approval letter and a completed AP® Fee Reduction Application to Ms. Ferrer or Ms. O’Quin in the Sun Center before Friday, October 25, 2019
- Have you already applied for Free/Reduced Lunch and can’t find your approval letter? If you don’t have a copy of your letter, please contact the Parent/Student Contact from the Poway USD District Office, Lauri Patton (firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-858-668-2570), to request a copy of your letter to be sent to Ms. Ferrer via email at email@example.com
- If you have been approved for Free/Reduced Lunch and have submitted an AP® Fee Reduction Application successfully, you will be provided with a Fee Reduction Code via email. Submit your payment using the Fee Reduction Code by November 1 at Submit AP® Exam Payment and complete your Join Step on MyAP.
4. Late payment submission and registration is possible between January 21, 2020 and March 4, 2020, but with a late ordering penalty fee of $40 per exam.
No exam orders will be accepted after March 4, 2020.
There will be no waiting lists or stand-by testing.
5. Homeschooled or Independent students are welcome to test at Mt. Carmel HS. Please contact the school site AP Coordinator, Ms. Ferrer, to request permission. Approval will be based on space availability. Additional fees may apply. Approval is required.
6. To complete an AP® Exam order successfully, students MUST submit an exam fee payment AND complete the Join step on MyAP for EACH exam. Without completion of BOTH steps, the AP® Exam order cannot be submitted to College Board. Failure to Join the AP® group in MyAP by the deadline will result in the exam order that was initiated to be cancelled and fees refunded. Conversely, exams that are activated on MyAP but do not have the corresponding exam fees submitted by the deadline, will be de-activated and nor ordered. . See the FAQ section for more information about the MyAP Join Code process.
7. Exam Locations: Exam Locations will be announced closer to the exam date.
8. Cancellations: Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel before the applicable payment window closes for their exam will receive a full refund. Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel AFTER the applicable payment window has closed and before midnight on April 30, 2020, will receive a partial refund of $60 regardless of when the exam order was submitted. (The student will forfeit a $40 exam unused exam fee as well as any late registration fee.) No exchange or re-selling of tests. To cancel your exam, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, name of your school (including city and state), and name of the exam you would like to cancel. Exams cancelled from May 1 onwards as well as no shows on exam day are not eligible for any refund and forfeit their fees.
Students who submitted an exam registration as a Fee Reduction student will not be eligible for any refund since the cost of the unused exam fee exceeds the payment.
REVISED Cancellation Policy (March 25, 2020): Students who have registered and paid for an exam and want to cancel may do so before April 30, 2020 and receive a full refund minus a $2 processing fee. *For students who registered late, the $40 Late fee will not be refunded.
To cancel please email email@example.com and include your name, name of your school of attendance and the title of the exam(s) you wish to cancel.
9. Testing with accommodations: Students who are approved by College Board for testing with accommodations will receive special exam day instructions. To submit an application for approval, please contact the school site SSD Coordinator by Friday, January 10, 2020. If you have questions, contact Ms. Ferrer, the AP® Testing coordinator.
AP® exam program information is available on The College Board site. Students are encouraged to review it at http://collegeboard.org
Assistance needed? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-663-8348