Students and families enrolled in Mt. Carmel HS (Poway USD, CA), can submit payment here for the 2019-2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exams to be administered in May 2020.
⇒Deadline to complete AP® Exam Registration: November 1, 2019
New Deadlines and New Procedures to place an AP® Exam Order!
Step 1: Submit Exam Fees – To indicate intention and commitment to take an AP® exam in the May 2020 AP® Exam administration, submit exam fees by November 1, 2019 via the link below. (Site opens September 4.)
Step 2: Activate Exam – Students must JOIN their AP® Exam Groups on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org to activate the exam order and complete the process. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See FAQs for more details.) Students who have submitted a successful exam fee payment will receive the Exam Only Join Codes via email and must Join the Exam Only Group no later than November 1, 2019 to complete their order.
General Policies and Information:
1. AP® Exams are optional exams at Mt. Carmel High School that correspond to AP® courses. Students choosing to sit for the AP® Exams must adhere to the following deadlines for 2019-2020:
|Course Start Date||Registration Window||LATE Registration Window|
|Exams corresponding to courses that start in August||September 4, 2019|
November 1, 2019
|January 21, 2020
March 4, 2020
|Exams corresponding to courses that start in October, or November, or January||January 21, 2020 |
February 28, 2020
|February 29, 2020
March 4, 2020
2. The cost of each AP® Exam is $100 each.
Payments for exams may be submitted by credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online payment form. Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in payment processing is October 29, 2019.Submit AP® Exam Payment
3. Fee reduction/assistance: Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please complete the following steps to apply for a reduction:
- Complete a Free/Reduced Lunch application at http://myschoolapps.com before Friday, October 18, 2019.
- Submit a copy of your approval letter and a completed AP® Fee Reduction Application to Ms. Ferrer or Ms. O’Quin in the Sun Center before Friday, October 25, 2019
- Have you already applied for Free/Reduced Lunch and can’t find your approval letter? If you don’t have a copy of your letter, please contact the Parent/Student Contact from the Poway USD District Office, Lauri Patton, to request a copy of your letter to be sent to Ms. Ferrer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Info for Ms. Patton: email@example.com or 1-858-668-2570
- If you have been approved for Free/Reduced Lunch and have submitted an AP® Fee Reduction Application successfully, you will be provided with a Fee Reduction Code via email. Submit your payment using the Fee Reduction Code by November 1 at Submit AP® Exam Payment and complete your Join Step on MyAP.
4. Late payment submission and registration is possible between January 21, 2020 and March 4, 2020, but with a late ordering penalty fee of $40 per exam.
No exam orders will be accepted after March 4, 2020.
There will be no waiting lists or stand-by testing.
5. Homeschooled or Independent students are welcome to test at Mt. Carmel HS. Please contact the school site AP Coordinator, Ms. Ferrer, to request permission. Approval will be based on space availability. Additional fees may apply. Approval is required.
6. To complete an AP® Exam order successfully, students MUST submit an exam fee payment AND complete the Exam Only Group Join step on MyAP for EACH exam. Without completion of BOTH steps, the AP® Exam order cannot be submitted to College Board. Failure to Join the AP® Exam Only group by the applicable deadline will result in the exam order that was initiated to be cancelled and fees refunded. See the FAQ section for more information about the MyAP Join Code process.
7. Exam Locations: Exam Locations will be announced closer to the exam date,.
8. Cancellations: Students who submitted an AP Exam order and choose to cancel their order must contact firstname.lastname@example.org by the following deadlines:
– For a 100% refund, cancellation request must be submitted to email@example.com no later than November 1, 2019 at 11:59pm PST.
– Cancellation requests submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org between November 2, 2019 and April 30, 2020 will be eligible for a partial refund. A non-refundable portion of $40 will be retained to cover the cost of the unused exam.
– Cancellations as of May 1 and no shows on exam day will not be eligible for a refund and will forfeit their entire exam fee.
Include in the cancellation request: Student name, name of school of attendance (including city and state, title of the exam to cancel.
9. Testing with accommodations: Students who are approved by College Board for testing with accommodations will receive special exam day instructions. To submit an application for approval, please contact the school site SSD Coordinator by Friday, January 10, 2020. If you have questions, contact Ms. Ferrer, the AP® Testing coordinator.
AP® exam program information is available on The College Board site. Students are encouraged to review it at http://collegeboard.org
Assistance needed? Email email@example.com or call 1-855-663-8348