2020 AP® Exam Payments
Registration Deadline: November 1, 2019
Students who attend Mt. Everest Academy or iHigh can register here for the 2020 AP® exam administration. All exams will be administered at Mt. Everest Academy located at 4350 Mt. Everest Blvd. San Diego, CA 92117.
Exam Fee: $94 per exam
Please read through the information below and then click on “Order AP® Exams” to submit an order.
NEW Registration Deadlines and Steps:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students log into their AP® Exam Class on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org to join the online AP® Exam group and activate the exam by clicking on “Register for the Exam”. (See FAQs for more information and details.) Deadline to activate is November 1, 2019.
Step 2: Fee Submission – Click on Submit AP® Exam Payment and complete the online payment form to submit fees. All students registering for an exam must complete the online payment form, regardless of method of payment. Deadline is November 1, 2019.
Registration Regulations and Information:
1. Exam fees for the 2020 AP® Exam Administration is $94 per exam.
2. Exam registration for 2020 exams requires two steps: activation of your exam on the College Board MyAP site AND submission of exam fees. Both steps must be completed by November 1, 2019.
Late registration will be possible from November 2, 2019 through March 1, 2020 for a penalty fee of $40 per exam.
3. To Activate an Exam on the College Board MyAP site students log into their College Board profile accounts via http://myap.collegeboard.org
College Board Profile accounts are the same accounts used to order SAT® exams or to collect prior year PSAT® or AP® exam scores. Students who have never taken one of those exams should create a new profile by clicking ‘Create Account’ on the MyAP main page.
Once logged into MyAP, students will JOIN the AP® Class with a teacher and subject specific Join Code (Access Code.) Student can obtain the Join Codes from their Teachers.
Students will then be prompted to “Register for the Exam” and to complete the online registration profile in MyAP.
ALL students should complete the Join Step to become part of the online AP Class community and access free College Board course resources, regardless of whether they are taking the exam. Only students taking the exam need to click on the ‘Register for the Exam’ button for each exam they are taking in 2020.
Deadline to activate the exam on MyAP is November 1, 2019.
4. Payment of Exam Fees: All exams must be online APTS system, which accepts credit card and debit card payments as well as mail in payments. A 3% online payment fee will be added to the total for online payments. If you do not wish to use the online payment option, you may mail in check or money order payment to APTS. Mail in payment must be postmarked by October 28 , 2019 to ensure timely processing. Instructions regarding the mailing in of the check or money order payment will be emailed to the parent email address provided on the payment form upon completion of the form.
5. Students who fail to complete BOTH the exam activation step and the fee submission by the deadline will not have a fully complete exam order and no order will be submitted for them to College Board. BOTH activation and fee submission is required.
6. Fee reductions are available to students who qualify based on College Board and Federal Free-Reduced Lunch Program guidelines. To verify whether or not you are eligible for fee reduction, please contact Ms. Brown at Mt Everest or Ms. Conway at iHigh. If you are eligible, you will receive special instructions to register via the online system using a fee reduction code. This code will reduce your price appropriately. The deadline to obtain a fee reduction code is October 29, 2019 by 3 PM. You must then submit fees for your AP® exam(s) with APTS AND activate your exam on MyAP by the November 1 deadline
7. Students who choose to cancel an exam may submit a cancellation request to email@example.com (Include student name, name of the school (including city/state) and the title of the exam you are cancelling.) Cancellation requests submitted before 11:59pm on April 1, 2020 will be eligible for a partial refund. A $40 fee will be retained to cover the cost of the unused exam. Students who submit cancellation requests after April 1, 2020 or who no show for the exam will receive no refund.
Fee Reduction students who submit fees less than $40 per exam will not be eligible for any refund.
8. All exams will be administered at Mt. Everest Academy located at 4350 Mt. Everest Blvd. San Diego, CA 92117. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:45 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for a morning exam at 7:45 AM. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 12:45 PM. Please arrive at your testing location for an afternoon exam at 12:45 PM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sport’s coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
9. For information regarding testing rooms and exact locations, please check back here in April. All exams will be administered at Mt. Everest Academy located at 4350 Mt. Everest Blvd. San Diego, CA 92117.
10. Please bring the following to your AP® exam: a photo ID, at least 2 sharpened # 2 pencils, erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable-see AP® Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries.
11. Please bring a snack and water/drink or lunch if you have 2 tests back to back on the same day. These items will be placed on a table or counter that you may access at break time only or after the test officially concludes.
12. Cell phones, Smartwatches, Pods, MP3 players, digital watches etc. are NOT permitted in the testing room.
13. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
14. College Board is extremely strict regarding qualifying for rescheduling an AP® exam to the Late Testing (make-up) window. In addition, the reason for requesting late testing must also meet the California Educational Code regulations for excused absences. In conjunction with College Board regulations, San Diego City Schools approved reasons to reschedule an exam include: extreme illness (hospitalization or medical care, a doctor’s note will be required), bereavement, court appearance, conflict with another AP® exam, or a school sponsored sport or academic event. Additional fees may apply and documentation may be required. Students are NOT eligible for Late Testing for reasons such as: family trips, conflict with an in-class exam/activity, or having selected the incorrect AP® exam subject when you submitted your order. Contact your site AP® Coordinator for more information – deadlines for ordering the alternate exam materials apply and vary per subject.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at email@example.com