May 2023 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam payment information and policies are posted below. Please read through this information carefully.
Payment Submission Deadline: October 21, 2022
EXAM REGISTRATION DEADLINES AND PROCEDURES
Step 1: Activate your Exam on MyAP – Students will activate their AP® Exams in the College Board MyAP system at http://myap.collegeboard.org by joining the AP Class using the Join Code. An active College Board profile log in will be needed (see FAQs for more information.) This step will be completed in class before September 23, 2022.
Step 2: Submit exam fees – On or around September 30, 2022, students with an active exam on MyAP will receive from APTS via email their customized exam fee invoice. Exam fees are due paid in full by October 21, 2022.
1. Activate exam: To activate an AP® Exam order for the May 2023 exam administration, students will log into or create their College Board profiles via http://myap.collegeboard.org
To link their exam subject to their profiles, students will receive from each of their AP® teachers a Join Code (or access code). Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Students will JOIN their AP Classes at the start of the year with this join code.
The MyAP system will prompt students to complete a MyAP Profile – please make sure to enter your full legal name, the correct school of attendance, your student ID number, and an email address able to receive of important alerts from College Board and APTS. (It should be an email address frequently checked and which you can access beyond high school.)
Note: This step has likely already occurred in class in August!
2. Fee submission: Payment submission for AP® exams will be done through APTS. Students with active exam orders will receive on or around September 30, 2022 a custom digital invoice. Invoices will be emailed to the email address on the student’s College Board profile.
The fees due can be submitted either by online payment (credit or debit card), or via mailing in a check or money order. Instructions will be provided in the invoice. Payment is due by October 21, 2022 at 11:59pm PST.
Use of a credit or debit card to complete the online payment form will incur a 3.1% credit card processing fee. Students may choose to avoid that fee by mailing in a check or money order to the address provided in the invoice instructions. Mail in options should be payable to “APTS.” If you select this option, you must postmark your payment on or before October 17, 2022 to ensure timely processing.
Any exams with payment outstanding on October 22, 2022 will be deactivated and cancelled in MyAP.
3. The cost per exam is $97. Los Altos High School students will all receive a one-time $50 Scholarship that will be applied to their invoiced balance due.
4. Late activation and payment will not be accepted.
5. Fee reductions are possible for qualified students and will reduce the cost of exams to $53 per exam for the first AP exam (before the scholarship is applied) and $10 per exam for all consecutive exams. The student’s invoice will automatically reflect the fee reduction as well as the scholarship.
6. Cancellations/Refunds: Students who choose to cancel an exam may do so through end of the day on March 30, 2023 by emailing the APTS cancellation desk at firstname.lastname@example.org – include in the email the student name, name of the school and the title of the exam to cancel. Requests submitted by March 30, 2023 will be eligible for a partial refund. A $40 per exam cancellation fee is charged by College Board and will be retained from the exam fee refund. Credit and debit card fees are non-refundable.
7. Students who do not attend Los Altos HS may request to test at LAHS. Exam fee for Non Los Altos Students (i.e. students not enrolled currently at Los Altos HS) is $125 per exam. To register, request an Exam Only join code for MyAP from the School AP Coordinator, Mr. Hess (email at email@example.com). Once you have activated the exam on MyAP, you will receive an invoice from APTS. Deadline to submit fees is October 21.
Questions or need assistance? Please call 1-855-663-8348 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org