Students and Families enrolled in Hardin Valley Academy can register here for the 2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) Administration.
NEW PROCEDURES FOR MAY 2020 EXAMS:
STEP 1: Activate your exam – Log into the College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org using your College Board profile and apply the ‘Join Code’ (access code) you receive from your teacher for each of your subjects. (See FAQs for details) For yearlong and Fall Courses, set your exam decision indicator to YES by October 25, 2019 to activate your exam.
⇒Deadline to Join and indicate your exam decision for courses that run in the SPRING Semester only is February 14, 2019.
STEP 2: Submit exam fees – Click on “Submit fees for AP Exams” below and submit your fees. For yearlong and Fall courses, fees are due by October 25, 2019.
⇒Deadline fees for exam corresponding to courses that run in the SPRING Semester only is February 14, 2020.
- AP® Exam Calendar 2020
- AP® Exam Site Security Regulations
- AP® Exam FAQs
- AP® Exam Day Information and Locations (PENDING)
- Submit AP® Exam Fees
REGISTRATION FOR MAY 2020 AP® EXAMS WILL RUN FROM:
- Fall Semester: August 12, 2019 through October 25, 2019 (Midnight EST)
- Spring Semester: January 15, 2020 through February 14, 2020 (Midnight EST)
1. AP® Exams orders must be activated in advance of the exam date.
2. The cost of each AP® Exam is $94.00 each. Capstone Exams are $142 per course.
3. Exam payment submissions for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online payment form and in your e-mail confirmation. Postmark deadlines apply.
Late payment submission is possible from February 15 through February 22, 2020 with a penalty fee of $40 per exam.
4. NEW: All students must activate their AP® Exam by joining the online AP® Class on the College Board MyAP website at http://myap.collegeboard.org
To complete this step, students will log into the MyAP site with their College Board Profiles (the same accounts used to order SAT® exam, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® exam scores from previous years.)
Once logged in, students will “JOIN” each subject that they are taking with a Join Code (an access code.) Join Codes will be distributed by HVA AP® Teachers in class. Codes are subject, teacher and period specific. ALL Students should complete the join step, even if not intending to take the exam, to be able to access course resources and materials.
Students choosing to take the AP® Exam in May must then set their Exam Decision Indicator from Undecided to Yes to activate the exam.
⇒Deadline to Join and indicate your exam decision for courses that run in the FALL Semester only or are yearlong is October 25, 2019.
⇒Deadline to Join and indicate your exam decision for courses that run in the SPRING Semester only is February 14, 2020.
Students will also complete the online MyAP Registration profile. (See FAQs).
Current school board policy states that you must take the exam in order to earn additional points on the final student grade point average.
⇒ BOTH exam fee payment and exam activation must be completed by the applicable deadline to enable the submission of an exam order to College Board.
5. Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please see Mrs. Coffey in the Library for eligibility confirmation and to be provided with a Fee Reduction Code. This code will reduce the cost of the exam fee due automatically.
6. No cancellations or refunds are possible.
7. Students taking AP Calculus AB in the Fall, and taking AP Calculus BC in the Spring, should submit an exam fee for the exam they are intending to take by October 25. Students will JOIN both courses to access the course resources. Students intending to take the AP Calculus BC exam should set their Calculus AB Exam Decision Indicator to NO. Once students join the AP Calculus BC course in the Spring, they can activate their exam by setting the Calculus BC Exam Decision Indicator to YES.
8. All students need to submit a copy of the enclosed permission form for off campus testing. Submit this form no later than April 15 to your AP® Teacher. Click HERE to download. (PENDING.)
Questions or need assistance? Contact email@example.com or call toll free 1-855-663-8348.