Students and Families enrolled in Hardin Valley Academy can register here for the May 2021 Advanced Placement (AP®) Administration.
Procedures and Deadlines:
STEP 1: Activate your exam – Log into the College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org using your College Board profile and apply the ‘Join Code’ (access code) you receive from your teacher for each of your subjects. (See FAQs for details) For courses commencing in the Fall, the deadline to activate your exam by joining the class is November 5, 2020.
? Courses that commence in the Spring semester will begin distributing join codes when the course starts. Deadline to Join and activate your exam for Spring courses is February 12, 2021. (See FAQs for more information.)
STEP 2: Submit exam fees – Click on “Submit fees for AP Exams” below and submit your fees. For courses commencing in the Fall, the deadline to submit your exam fees is November 5, 2020.
? Fees for exams corresponding to courses that commence in the Spring semester do not need to be submitted until the course commences. The deadline to submit fees for exams for Spring courses is February 12, 2021. (See FAQs for more information.)
REGISTRATION FOR MAY 2021 AP® EXAMS WILL RUN FROM:
- Fall Semester: September 1, 2020 through November 5, 2020 (Midnight EST)
- Spring Semester: January 11, 2021 through February 12, 2021 (Midnight EST)
1. The cost of each AP® Exam is $95.00 each. Capstone Exams are $143 per course.
Homeschoolers who test at HVA will be charged an additional $25 fee per exam.
2. Exam payment submissions for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online payment form and in your e-mail confirmation. Postmark deadlines apply and will be provided in your payment instructions.
Late payment submission for exams corresponding to Fall or Yearlong courses is possible from November 6 through February 19, 2020 with a penalty fee of $40 per exam.
Late payment submission for exams corresponding to Spring courses is possible from February 13 through February 19, 2021 with a penalty fee of $40 per exam.
3. All students must activate their AP® Exam by joining the online AP® Class on the College Board MyAP website at http://myap.collegeboard.org
To complete this step, students will log into the MyAP site with their College Board Profiles (the same accounts used to order SAT® exam, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® exam scores from previous years.)
Once logged in, students will “JOIN” each subject that they are taking with a Join Code (an access code.) Join Codes will be distributed by HVA AP® Teachers in class. Codes are subject, teacher and period specific. ALL Students should complete the join step, even if not intending to take the exam, to be able to access course resources and materials.
Students choosing to take the AP® Exam in May must also submit exam fees for the order to be completed.
Deadline to Join and activate the exam for courses that start in the FALL Semester is November 5, 2020.
Deadline to Join and activate the exam for courses that start in the SPRING Semester is February 12, 2021.
Students will also complete or update the online MyAP Registration profile. (See FAQs).
? BOTH exam fee payment and exam activation must be completed by the applicable deadline to enable the submission of an exam order to College Board.
4. Current school board policy states that you must take the exam in order to earn additional points on the final student grade point average.
5. Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please contact Ms. Beeler (firstname.lastname@example.org) for eligibility confirmation and to be provided with a Fee Reduction Code. This code will reduce the cost of the exam fee due automatically.
6. No cancellations or refunds are possible.
7. AP Calculus AB and BC: Students taking AP Calculus AB in the Fall, and taking AP Calculus BC in the Spring, should submit an exam payment for the exam they INTEND to take in May 2021. (i.e. if you are planning on taking AP Calculus BC, that is the exam that you will register and pay for.)
Students taking both Calculus courses, will JOIN both the AB course in the Fall, and the BC course in the Spring on MyAP to access the course resources.
* College Board does not allow students to sit for both Calculus AB and BC in the same calendar year.
8. Once the location of testing is confirmed, students will be asked to complete an off campus form (if necessary.)
Questions or need assistance? Contact email@example.com or call toll free 1-855-663-8348.