Students and Families enrolled in Hardin Valley Academy can register here for the 2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) Administration.
NEW PROCEDURES FOR MAY 2020 EXAMS:
STEP 1: Activate your exam – Log into the College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org using your College Board profile and apply the ‘Join Code’ (access code) you receive from your teacher for each of your subjects. (See FAQs for details) For yearlong and Fall Courses, click on “Register for the exam” by the Extended Deadline of November 4, 2019 to activate your exam. The late registration deadline is November 8, 2019.
⇒Deadline to Join and activate your exam for courses that run in the SPRING Semester only is February 14, 2019.
STEP 2: Submit exam fees – Click on “Submit fees for AP Exams” below and submit your fees. For yearlong and Fall courses, fees are due by the extended deadline of November 4, 2019. The late registration deadline is November 8, 2019.
⇒Deadline fees for exam corresponding to courses that run in the SPRING Semester only is February 14, 2020.
- AP® Exam Calendar 2020
- AP® Exam Site Security Regulations
- AP® Exam FAQs
- AP® Exam Day Information and Locations (PENDING)
- Submit AP® Exam Fees
REGISTRATION FOR MAY 2020 AP® EXAMS WILL RUN FROM:
- Fall Semester: August 12, 2019 through November 4, 2019 (Midnight EST)
- Spring Semester: January 15, 2020 through February 14, 2020 (Midnight EST)
1. AP® Exams orders must be activated in advance of the exam date.
2. The cost of each AP® Exam is $94.00 each. Capstone Exams are $142 per course.
3. Exam payment submissions for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online payment form and in your e-mail confirmation. Postmark deadlines apply.
Late payment submission for Fall/Yearlong courses is possible from November 5 through November 8, 2019 with a penalty fee of $40 per exam.
Late payment submission is possible from February 15 through February 22, 2020 with a penalty fee of $40 per exam.
4. NEW: All students must activate their AP® Exam by joining the online AP® Class on the College Board MyAP website at http://myap.collegeboard.org
To complete this step, students will log into the MyAP site with their College Board Profiles (the same accounts used to order SAT® exam, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® exam scores from previous years.)
Once logged in, students will “JOIN” each subject that they are taking with a Join Code (an access code.) Join Codes will be distributed by HVA AP® Teachers in class. Codes are subject, teacher and period specific. ALL Students should complete the join step, even if not intending to take the exam, to be able to access course resources and materials.
Students choosing to take the AP® Exam in May must then click on “Register for the exam” to activate the exam.
⇒ Extended Deadline to Join and activate the exam for courses that run in the FALL Semester only or are yearlong is November 4, 2019. The late registration deadline is November 8, 2019.
⇒Deadline to Join and activate the exam for courses that run in the SPRING Semester only is February 14, 2020.
Students will also complete the online MyAP Registration profile. (See FAQs).
Current school board policy states that you must take the exam in order to earn additional points on the final student grade point average.
⇒ BOTH exam fee payment and exam activation must be completed by the applicable deadline to enable the submission of an exam order to College Board.
5. Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please see Mrs. Coffey in the Library for eligibility confirmation and to be provided with a Fee Reduction Code. This code will reduce the cost of the exam fee due automatically.
6. No cancellations or refunds are possible.
REVISED CANCELLATION POLICY AS OF APRIL 9, 2020: Due to the extended school closures, students may request to cancel and receive a refund of $94 if cancelling an exam by April 30, 2020. To cancel, please email email@example.com and include: your name, name of your school, title of the exam(s) to cancel. Refunds will be processed back to your original method of payment.
7. Students taking AP Calculus AB in the Fall, and taking AP Calculus BC in the Spring, should submit an exam payment by November 1 for the exam they INTEND to take in May 2020.
Students will JOIN both courses on MyAP to access the course resources.
Students intending to take the AP Calculus BC exam should NOT click on “register for the exam” on MyAP for their Calculus AB. Once students join the AP Calculus BC course in the Spring, they can activate their Calculus BC by logging into MyAP and clicking “Register for the exam” for Calculus BC.
* College Board does not allow students to sit for both Calculus AB and BC in the same calendar year.
8. All students need to submit a copy of the enclosed permission form for off campus testing. Submit this form no later than April 15 to your AP® Teacher. Click HERE to download. (PENDING.)
Questions or need assistance? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-855-663-8348.