Registration deadline is October 24, 2023
Exam Fee is $103 per exam
- Letter from HTHS Principal
- National Exam Calendar
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Submit AP® Exam Fees
* Note that registration on this site is ONLY for students who are registering for exams for which they have self-studied or self-prepared. Students enrolled in High Technology High School AP Courses will complete registration on the College Board MyAP website in their respective classes. All policies outlined on this site apply to ALL students enrolled at High Technology High School.
REGISTRATION STEPS FOR 2024 EXAMS:
Step 1: Submit Exam Fees – To indicate intention and commitment to take an AP® exam for which you have self-studied or self-prepared in the May 2024 AP® Exam administration, submit Registration exam fees between October 10 and October 24, 2023 at the link above.
Step 2: Activate Exam – Students must JOIN their AP® Exam Groups on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org to activate the exam order and complete the process. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See FAQs for more details.) Students who have submitted a successful exam fee payment will receive an email titled “Next Steps: Independent Student Exam Only Join Codes” and must Join the Exam Only Group by October 24, 2023 to complete the exam order.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND POLICIES:
1. The cost of each AP® exam will be $103 (administrative costs included). Payment submission is completed by clicking on the ‘Submit AP Exam Fees’ link above. Payment options include mail in a check or money order as well as of paying with a credit card. Directions are posted on the Payment form. When paying by a credit card or debit card, you will be charged an additional 3.1% fee that comes from the online processor (HTHS does not get that money!). There is NO additional fee charged if paying by personal check or a money order. Postmark deadline for mail in payment is October 18, 2023.
Late registration is not possible.
Registration on this site is ONLY for students who are registering for exams for which they have self-studied or self-prepared. Students enrolled in High Technology High School AP Courses will complete registration on the College Board MyAP website in their respective classes. All policies outlined on this site apply to ALL students enrolled at High Technology High School.
2. Registration for self-studied/self-prepared AP exam entails completing BOTH steps outlined above – fee submission as well as activating the exam on the College Board MyAP site. Failure to complete both steps by October 24, 2023 will mean that an exam order will not be processed.
3. If you are a student currently in AP® Calculus BC, AP® Biology, AP® Chemistry, AP® Physics C, AP® Statistics or AP® Computer Science A, there is no charge for your exam and you will activate your exam order on the College Board MyAP website during the first couple days of the HTHS class. (If you already took an exam for an AP® class that you are sitting in now you are exempt from taking it again ONLY if you scored a 5. If you scored less then a 5 you must take it again.)
4. College Board regulations hold that students may not take both the AP® Calculus AB and BC exams in the same calendar year. Students wanting to take both of the AP® Physics C exams will be charged for two exams.
5. Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel or do not show up for the exam will NOT receive a refund. No exchange or re-selling of exams (i.e…you may not take an exam that your friend has ordered and has now chosen not to use). If you sign up for an exam and then decide not to take it, please let Guidance know so we do not hold up the exam room looking for you.
6. Students who report after exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Please notify your coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students will not be allowed to leave the exam early.
7. Exam locations will vary depending on space availability and needs. Guidance will publicize the location and times of each exam in the Spring.
8. Students must bring, two #2 pencils, pens, erasers, and calculators (if applicable – see AP® Security Rules for approved types and tests which allow them) with fresh batteries to the AP® test room. CELL PHONES, SMARTWATCHES, BACKPACKS, PURSES OR BAGS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE EXAM ROOM. We recommend those be left in your locker. If a cell phone or smart watch is found on a student during the exam, the cell phone or smart watch will be confiscated and the AP® exam will be voided.
9. Students must adhere to the testing regulations set forth in the Bulletin for AP® Students and Parents. They were handed out to students interested in taking an AP® exam, but can also be found by clicking HERE. Failure to adhere to all testing protocol may include consequences such as removal from exam and cancellation of scores.
Need assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org