Families and students enrolled at Holliston High School can register here for the 2023 PSAT/NMSQT® exam to be administered on October 12, 2023
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: September 1, 2023 (midnight EST)
Please read through the information & then click on Order the PSAT/NMSQT® Exam to submit an order.
1. Registration & Fees
Students in grades 10 and 11 can register for the DIGITAL 2023 PSAT/NMSQT® exam between August 7, 2023 and September 1, 2023 (midnight EST).
The exam will be administered at the Holliston High School campus on October 12, 2023.
The cost for each exam is $25.
This is a digital exam.
2. Why take the PSAT/NMSQT® exam?
The PSAT/NMSQT® (Preliminary SAT®/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test) is a 2.5-hour version of the College Board’s SAT®. The PSAT/NMSQT® measures verbal, mathematical, and writing abilities important to success in university and provides practice for taking the SAT® later in the junior or senior year. The PSAT® can be used to predict performance on the SAT®. The PSAT® is not used in university admission; scores will be sent only to the student and to the school. In the junior year, the PSAT® exam score is used as the qualifying score for the National Merit Scholarship Program.
Starting in 2023, this exam will be a digital exam.
3. Refunds and cancellations are not possible as per Holliston HS Policy.
4. Where do I report for the exam?
Exam Day reporting details will be made available by your school closer to exam day.
5. Are there fee reductions available?
Yes! Families and/or students can reach out to Elisa Taylor by email at email@example.com if they need financial assistance which is a ‘no-questions-asked’ process. You will be provided a fee reduction code to apply to the online registration form. It will automatically reduce the cost of the exam for you. Please contact Ms. Taylor for the fee reduction code BEFORE placing your order.
How do I prepare for the exam?
The College Board offers detailed information as well as preparation tools developed in partnership with The Khan Academy. To access these tools via The College Board’s PSAT/NMSQT® informational page, click here.
What do I need to know about the test day?
Exam day specifics and reporting information will be communicated by your campus closer to the test date. Please plan for the following:
- ALL students taking the exam must have a CURRENT school- or government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license or school ID.)
- Students must bring their school-issued Chromebook in a fully-charged state to the exam (we recommend to bring a charge cord as well!)
- Restart the Chromebook before exam day so that the exam app “Bluebook” is the most current version.
- Students must know what their College Board account/profile log in credentials are – this is the same account you would use to log into MyAP for AP Classes/exams as well as the same account used for SAT exam orders on http://collegeboard.org
- Students must know the log in credentials and check that they are correct BEFORE exam day since contacting College Board on exam day will not be feasible due to time constraints.
- Do NOT create a new account or profile if you’re struggling to log into your previously created account! All exam scores and information must be on the same account.
- If a student is not sure how to log into their College Board accounts, or need to create one, please visit the College Board Accounts page at https://account.collegeboard.org/
- Students may also bring water and a snack
- Review the College Board digital exam requirements for exam day (what you may and may not bring): https://satsuite.collegeboard.org/digital/what-to-bring-do/what-to-bring
When and how are scores for the exam released?
Exam scores are typically released in mid-December via The College Board’s online portal.
When PSAT/NMSQT® scores are ready online, the student will receive from College Board an email with instructions to go to the online score report, and how to use the access code to view scores. Please visit College Board’s website for detailed information on how to access PSAT/NMSQT® scores.
For questions or assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-663-8348.