Exam Fee Submission Deadline: November 5, 2023***
Exam Fee: $100 per exam
How do I order an exam?
Step 1: Activate your Exam on MyAP –
- To activate an AP® Exam order for the May 2023 exam administration, students will log into or create their College Board profiles via http://myap.collegeboard.org
- Your College Board profile is the same account used to order SAT® exams, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® scores from previous years. If you do not have a profile, you will be able to create an account on http://myap.collegeboard.org
- The MyAP system will prompt students to complete a MyAP Profile – please make sure to enter your full legal name, the correct school of attendance, your student ID number, and an email address able to receive of important alerts from College Board and APTS. (It should be an email address frequently checked and which you can access beyond high school.)
- Both returning and new users will be prompted to go through MyAP Registration pages on the MyAP website, see below for tips of what information to provide or update
- To link their exam subject to their profiles, students will receive from each of their AP® teachers a Join Code (or access code). Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Students will JOIN their AP® classes at the start of the year with this join code.
- Each AP® Course teacher will provide you with a Join Code (or access code) to apply to your account during the Join Days. These Join Codes link each specific subject to your account.
- You must JOIN your AP® class on MyAP no later than November 5, 2023
- See The College Board How To Guide linked HERE
Step 2: Submit exam fees –
- To submit exam fees, click on the “Submit AP Exam Fees” button on the link below and complete the payment form.
- Exam fees are due paid in full by November 5, 2023
- Exam fees can be submitted online using a credit or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. Payment instructions are available on the payment form.
- Use of a credit or debit card to complete the online payment form will incur a 3.1% credit card processing fee. Students may choose to avoid that fee by mailing in a check or money order to the address provided in the invoice instructions. Mail in options should be payable to “APTS.” If you select this option, you must postmark your payment on or before October 31, 2023 to ensure timely processing. Instructions will be provided via email.
⇒ Exams with an outstanding balance of fees as of November 5, 2023 will be cancelled and deactivated in MyAP and not ordered.
⇒ Students enrolled at Herricks High School are required to take the AP® Exam that corresponds to their AP® Class.
I can’t access my College Board profile or I can’t remember if I have one. What do I do?
Don’t create a second account!
Each student should have only ONE College Board account during their high school careers which houses AP®, PSAT® and SAT® scores and information. For log in help visit: https://pages.collegeboard.org/account-help or https://myap.collegeboard.org Students may also call College Board AP® Services for Students: 844-314-3632.
What information should I complete on my College Board profile?
The MyAP System will prompt you to complete the Registration screens if you are creating a new account. (If you have an account already, make sure to check through the MyAP Profile pages.)
Make sure that you enter your FULL legal name (should match your school records), your school student ID number, and also the name of your school. The email address on your profile should be one that is checked frequently and will be accessible after high school. The email will be a crucial account identifier as well as where you will receive alerts from College Board and APTS.
On your College Board MyAP Profile you will also be prompted to complete the “Send Score” feature – on this screen you will submit the name of the college/university where you would like your free exam score report sent in July. Deadline to indicate the name of the school and qualify for a free report, is June 15, 2024.
Where do I get the Join Codes to be able to activate the exam?
Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Teachers will distribute the codes at the start of the course. If you are absent, please see your AP® Class teacher to obtain the Join Codes.
All students must complete the Join Code step by November 5, 2023 at the latest.
Why do I need to activate an exam on MyAP?
The College Board MyAP system enables students to complete the online registration screens in their profile. From the registration information entered, data will be pulled to print custom and individualized exam labels that will be placed on students’ physical exam materials in May. This means students no longer have to attend a pre-administration day OR spend time on exam day completing this information. Since the information is entered online, students are also able to review it for accuracy – which will avoid delays in reporting of exam scores to colleges/universities.
In addition, joining the online AP® Class on MyAP provides students and teachers with access to exam and course preparation tools designed by the College Board AP® program.
Is there financial aid available for the 2024 AP® exams?
Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please contact Director of Guidance, Natasha Khan at email@example.com. Approval for fee reductions will be based on criteria established by the College Board. Students who are approved for the reduced fee rate as per the College Board criteria, will receive a fee reduction code to apply to the online payment form. Please apply for your fee reduction BEFORE submitting the online payment form.
All students must submit a minimum fee of $40 per exam, even if approved for a fee reduction. If confirmed eligible for the reduction AND confirmed to have taken the May exam, a refund will be automatically issued of the $40 in June.
Can I change when I take the exam?
Exam times are set by The College Board. Note that AP® Exams must be taken only at the times established by The College Board. Click the calendar link below.
What may I bring with me to the exam room?
Students MUST bring their student ID, pencils, pens in blue or black ink, and a calculator (if applicable).
Students may NOT bring iPod, iPads, Smartwatches or MP3 or highlighters into the exam room. Cell phones and electronic communication device, backpacks and bags, including purses, should be left at home.
How do I access my exam scores?
Students will be able to log into apscore.org starting in early July after the May exam administration. Students will log in using the same College Board profile account information as they used on the MyAP site. Scores collection will require active log in as well as the student’s AP® ID number – which is accessible in their MyAP accounts or on the label sheets that they will be allowed to retain at the completion of their last AP® exam of each year. AP ® ID numbers are assigned one time, and will be the same from year to year.
*** Students enrolled in AP US History or AP World History which officially commence in the SPRING Semester, are not required to submit payment in the Fall. These students and only these students may submit fees and complete the Join Code step in MyAP between February 1, 2024 and March 4, 2024 with no penalty.
Any other assistance needed? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-663-8348