Students and families enrolled at Herricks High School can learn here about exam fee submission for the May 2023 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exams. The AP® Exam registration information and policies are posted below. Please read through this information carefully.
EXAM REGISTRATION DEADLINES AND PROCEDURES
Step 1: Activate your Exam on MyAP – Students will activate their AP® Exams in the College Board MyAP system at http://myap.collegeboard.org by joining the AP Class using the Join Code. An active College Board profile log in will be needed (see FAQs for more information.) This step will be completed in class before November 4, 2022.***
Step 2: Submit exam fees – Click on the Submit AP Exam Fees button below and complete the online payment form. Exam fees are due paid in full by November 4, 2022.***
1. To activate an AP® Exam order for the May 2023 exam administration, students will log into or create their College Board profiles via http://myap.collegeboard.org
To link their exam subject to their profiles, students will receive from each of their AP® teachers a Join Code (or access code). Join Codes are subject, teacher and class period specific. Students will JOIN their AP Classes at the start of the year with this join code.
The MyAP system will prompt students to complete a MyAP Profile – please make sure to enter your full legal name, the correct school of attendance, your student ID number, and an email address able to receive of important alerts from College Board and APTS. (It should be an email address frequently checked and which you can access beyond high school.)
Please see the FAQs for more information.
2. Payment submission for AP® exams will be done through APTS. Click on the Submit AP Exam Fees button and complete the online payment form.
The fees due can be submitted either by online payment (credit or debit card), or via mailing in a check or money order. Instructions will be provided at the end of the form. Payment is due by November 4, 2022 at 11:59pm EST.
Use of a credit or debit card to complete the online payment form will incur a 3.1% credit card processing fee. Students may choose to avoid that fee by mailing in a check or money order to the address provided in the invoice instructions. Mail in options should be payable to “APTS.” If you select this option, you must postmark your payment on or before October 31, 2022 to ensure timely processing.
Any exams with payment outstanding on November 4, 2022 will be deactivated and cancelled in MyAP. They will not be ordered.
No late registration is possible.
3. The cost per exam is $99.
4. Students enrolled at Herrick High School are required to take the AP® Exam that corresponds to their AP® Class.
5. Per College Board regulations: students may not take both the AP® Calculus AB and the AP® Calculus BC exams in the same calendar year. In addition, only students who have completed the AP® Computer Science Principles required in-class assessment due to College Board on April 30 may sit for the May exam.
6. Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please contact Director of Guidance, Natasha Khan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Approval for fee reductions will be based on criteria established by the College Board. Students who are approved for the reduced fee rate as per the College Board criteria, will receive a fee reduction code to apply to the online payment form. This code will reduce the amount due. Please request the code before completing the payment form.
All students must submit a minimum fee of $40 per exam, even if approved for a fee reduction. If confirmed eligible for the reduction AND confirmed to have taken the May exam, a refund will be automatically issued of the $40 in June.
Students who are eligible for the fee reduction and cancel an exam will forfeit the $40 minimum fee to cover the College Board cancellation penalty fees.
7. Exam day details will be released by the school when the exam administration dates are closer.
8. Students who withdraw from an AP Course at HHS and need to cancel the exam may do so through November 14, 2022 for a full refund of the exam fees. Cancellation requests submitted after November 14, 2022 will not be eligible for any refund. (Credit and debit card fees are non-refundable.) Cancellation is not automatic when withdrawing from a class. To cancel, email email@example.com and include: Your name, name of your school, title of the exam, cancellation reason.
Questions or need assistance? Please call 1-855-663-8348 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Students enrolled in AP US History or AP World History which officially commence in the SPRING Semester, are not required to submit payment in the Fall. These students and only these students may submit fees and complete the Join Code step in MyAP between February 1, 2023 and March 2, 2023 with no penalty.