Please make sure that you read through all of the FHS conditions regarding the AP® exam administration for May 2021.
Fall Exam Order Activation Deadline: October 30, 2020*
Deadline to submit the invoiced balance due in full: March 1, 2021
Deadlines and Procedures:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students must activate their exams on The College Board MyAP site by JOINing their AP® Class on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. Fall Deadline to activate your exam is October 30, 2020*. (See the FAQs for more information.)
Step 2: Submit Exam Fee – Submit a $40 per exam deposit between August 28 and October 30, 2020*. Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 3: Submit balance due -In December, students who successfully initiated an exam order by completing steps 1 and 2 in the Fall, will receive a personalized invoice for the balance of fees due via email. Balance due paid in full by March 1, 2021.
- 2021 AP® Exam Calendar
- AP® Exam FAQs
- AP® Exam Test Site Security Regulations
- Submit AP® Exam Deposit
- AP® Exams are voluntary exams and a student’s enrollment and participation in the AP® course does not ensure he/she will pass the exam. Not all universities accept AP® credit (please consult with the universities to which your child is applying for their specific policies in AP® credit).
- The full payment of $75 per exam ($115 per Capstone Exam.)
- All exam orders must be initiated between August 21 and October 30, 2020* by completing step 1 and 2 above (see FAQs for more details.)
- Students who successfully initiated an exam order by completing steps 1 and 2 will receive a custom invoice via email in late November (to the parent email address provided on the deposit payment form.) The balance of fees are due paid in full by March 1, 2021.
- If you are taking more than one AP® exam, please feel free to make payments towards your balance due, with all payments being made by March 1, 2021.
- Both deposit submission and payment of the balance due can be submitted online with a debit or credit card OR by mailing in a check or money order. An online processing fee of 3% is added to the fee if you are paying with a debit or credit card. If you wish to pay by check, please select “Mail In” on the deposit form to mail a check or money order in. Postmark deadline to ensure timely processing for your deposit is October 26, 2020. No processing fee is charged for mailing in a payment. (Detailed instructions will be provided in your summary email as well as your balance due invoice.)
- NO payments will be accepted on campus.
- Students who miss the October 30 deadline and want to add an exam, will be able to do so between March 2 and March 8, 2021 for a penalty fee of $40 per exam.* Any invoices with a balance outstanding as of March 1, 2021, will also be penalized with a $40 per exam late fee. No exam orders will be initiated and no payments will be accepted after March 8, 2021.
- The school’s deadline for ordering late AP® exams from College Board is October 30, 2020.
- If you qualify or think you qualify for a fee reduction, please contact Ms. Nelson (email@example.com) for further information. Application for fee reduction should be made before the deposit submission deadline. See FAQs for more information.
- Refunds/Cancellations: Students who decide to cancel their exam are eligible for a full refund of the exam fees through March 8, 2021. (Late order fees and credit card fees are non-refundable.) No refunds can be processed after March 8, 2021. To request a refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your student’s name, name of Freedom High School, and the title of the exam to be cancelled.
- If your child misses an AP® test for any reason, other than a medical emergency where a doctor’s note must be provided, and would like to take an alternate exam, there will be a cost of $80.00 to cover the cost of the alternate exam. Alternate AP® Tests cannot be ordered after May 15th. Please contact Ms. Nelson regarding alternate testing.
* Students enrolled in the Spring Semester AP US Government and AP Macroeconomics have alternate deadlines since the course COMMENCES in January. Students enrolled in these courses that COMMENCE in the Spring, will register between February 1 and March 1, 2021. Due to the short spring timeline, the full fee of $75 per exam will be collected at that time. Please see FAQs for more details.