Registration Deadline: October 27, 2023 (11:59pm CST)*
Cost per exam: $98 (Capstone exams are $146)
How do I place an AP® exam order?
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students must activate their exams on The College Board MyAP site by JOINing their AP® Class on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. You will then ‘Join’ your classes by entering a Join Code (Access Code) that will link you to your specific teacher and subject. October 27 is the deadline to activate your exam.*
Step 2: Submit Exam Fee – Submit exam fees by October 27, 2023.* Click below to submit the fee.
Both Step 1 and 2 must be completed by October 27, 2023 to complete the exam order. Failure to complete both steps 1 and 2 by the October 27, 2023 deadline means the AP Coordinator for your school cannot submit an exam order with College Board.*
Late registration is possible from November 16, 2023 through February 23, 2024 with a penalty fee of $40 per exam.*
Tips for setting up your College Board Profile on MyAP:
– Use an email address that you will have access to throughout high school AND university
– Make sure to enter your COMPLETE legal name to prevent issues with sending score reports to colleges and universities
– Enter your school student ID number to assist your school in reporting your attendance to the exam to the AHS Attendance Office AND help identify errors in names.
I can’t access my College Board Profile account or am not sure I have one. What do I do?
The College Board Profile is the same account used to access your past years’ AP® scores, PSAT® scores, and SAT® scores. Do not create a new one! Each student should have only ONE unique account. If you are unable to access the account, try using the ‘Forget Password?’ link on http://myap.collegeboard.org OR email firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 888-225-5427 for assistance.
Where do I get the Join Code to complete the join step on the MyAP site?
Join Codes are subject, teacher, and period specific. Please see your AP® teacher ASAP to complete the step by October 27.
What if I miss the October deadline to submit fees?
A penalty submission period is available through February 23, 2024 to initiate a late order. Late registration opens November 16 and a $40 per exam penalty fee will be added to the cost of the exam for May 2024 exams. Please see your school coordinator if you missed the October deadline.
How do I submit the exam fees?
Payment for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3.1% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online payment form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the email address you provide on the registration form. Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in fee processing is October 23, 2023.
I’m eligible for a fee reduction. What do I need to do?
Students eligible for a fee reduction may have significant exam fee reductions. Steps to complete your fee reduction:
- Apply for a fee reduction to Mrs. McDonald (AHS Campus Assessment Coordinator) BEFORE registration is started, and if approved, receive a fee reduction code
- Visit the APTS site (here) to submit your exam fee of $40 and enter the fee reduction code. (A minimum fee of $40 must be submitted to cover the cost of any penalty fees in the event of cancellation, regardless of eligibility status.)
- Activate your exam on MyAP
- Students who are eligible for a total reduced fee of LESS than $40 per exam AND who sit for the exam administration may be eligible for a partial refund at the end of May.
I dropped my AP® Course and no longer need to or want to take the exam. What do I do?
Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel must submit a written request to email@example.com – include the student’s name, their school name, and the name of the exam the students wishes to cancel. Refund requests submitted before February 23, 2024 will be eligible for a partial refund of exam fees. (A $40 College Board penalty fee will be retained for cancellations. Credit/debit card fees are non-refundable.) Cancellations after February 223, 2024 and no shows on exam day will not be eligible for any refund.
What day is my test?
Please review the National AP Exam Calendar posted at the link below.
Where do I get an admission ticket?
Students do no need an admission ticket, but CURRENT Government Issued Photo ID is required to enter the testing room.
How can I earn college credit through AP®?
If you take the AP®exam at the end of the Spring semester, you can earn college credit by earning a score of a 3, 4, or 5 or the exam. To determine what score you will need at one school, use the College Board’s website: AP® Credit Search
What if I have two AP® exams scheduled for the same date and time?
Students who anticipate a conflict with another AP® exam offered at the same date and time should continue their registration. At the registration point it is subject specific information, not date specific. Contact your school AP® Coordinator to determine your late testing options.
How do I receive my scores?
By completing the exam activation process on the MyAP site, you will be issued a unique AP ID number. Scores are usually available in early July by using the AP ID and your College Board log in to retrieve scores at http://apscores.org
* Students enrolled in AP® US Government and/or AP® Macroeconomics that are offered in the SPRING/Second Semester (i.e. the course does not commence until January 2023), may submit their payments in the fall but are not required or recommended to do so. These students, and ONLY these students, will be allowed to place exam orders for these subjects without penalty fees between January 3 and February 23, 2024
Additional assistance needed? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-663-8348.