DEADLINE EXTENDED TO NOVEMBER 1
NEW Deadlines and Procedures:
Step 1: Submit Exam Fee Deposit – Submit a $40 per exam deposit between September 23 and October 25, 2019.* Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 2: Activate Exam – Students must activate their exams on The College Board MyAP site by JOINing their AP® Class on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. Deadline to activate your exam is October 25, 2019.* (See the FAQs for more information.)
Step 3: Submit balance due -In November, students who successfully initiated an exam order by completing steps 1 and 2, will receive a personalized invoice for the balance of fees due via email. Balance due paid in full by March 1, 2020.
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be ordered in advance. REGISTRATION FOR MAY 2020 ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP®) EXAMINATIONS OPENS ON SEPTEMBER 23 AND CLOSES ON OCTOBER 25, 2019.*
2. The cost of each AP® exam is $94. Please read through the information below and then click on Submit AP® Exam Deposit to submit a deposit.
3. The online deposit submission system accepts credit card or debit card as well as mail in payments.. There is an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. To submit an order using a check or money order, which has no additional fee, please complete the deposit form online and follow the directions to mail in your order form and payment to the address on your confirmation email. Postmark deadline for mail in payments is October 21, 2019.
Late registration is possible from November 15, 2019 through March 10, 2020 with a penalty fee of $40 per exam.
4. All students will join as part of their AP Course, an online AP community via the College Board MyAP website at http://myap.collegeboard.org – to log into this community, a student will need their College Board profile account (the same account used to order SAT exams or to collect prior year AP and PSAT Scores). If a student does not yet have an account, they will need to create one.
To connect to the specific AP Subject, students will log in and then apply a “Join Code” or Access Code to their MyAP account. The Join Codes are issued by the ECA-CEC teachers and are subject and teacher specific.
To activate the optional exam, students will need to log into their MyAP accounts and change their exam decision indicator to YES before October 25, 2019.
5. Students who have successfully initiated an exam order by submitting deposit and activating the exam on MyAP, will receive in November a customized digital invoice for their balance due remaining. The invoice email will be sent to the parent email address provided on the deposit form. The full balance is due paid in full by March 1.*
NOTE that students who fail to activate the exam on MyAP by October 25, 2019 will NOT have a successful exam order initiated and will not have an exam ordered. See FAQs for more information.*
6. Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel must submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org – include the student’s name, your school name, and the name of the exam the students wishes to cancel. The non-refundable deposit of $40 will be retained per exam. To be eligible for the partial refund, students must submit written notification no later than March 1, 2020.
7. Fee reductions are available to qualifying students which reduces the cost of exams significantly. To apply for a fee reduction, see Mrs. Ramsey to obtain a Fee Reduction Discount Code. Once you have the discount code, you can complete your online deposit form on this website. Where prompted, enter the code. Your deposit amount will remain $40, however, eligible students who sit for the exam administration in May, will be eligible for a refund on the cost of each exam.
8. Check in for morning exams will be promptly at 7:30 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for a morning exam at 7:30 AM. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 12:15 PM. Please arrive at your testing location for an afternoon exam at 12:15 PM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sport’s coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
9. For information regarding testing rooms and locations, please check your school’s website in April.
10. Please bring the following to your AP® exam: a photo ID, at least 2 sharpened # 2 pencils, erasers, at least 2 pens with black or dark blue ink, and calculators (if applicable-see AP Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries.
11. Cell phones, Smartwatches, iPads, iPods, MP3 players, or electronic communication devices of any kind are NOT permitted in the testing room.
12. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same time and date, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
* Students enrolled in the Spring Semester AP US Government course that COMMENCES in the Spring, may submit a deposit in the Fall but are not required to do so. Students enrolled in this Spring semester course (and only these students), may register between February 1 and March 1 without penalty fees. Students will be able to join the course on MyAP when it commences.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org