Registration Deadline for May 2020 Exams: October 25, 2019
NEW PROCEDURES AND DEADLINES:
STEP 1: Submit your Exam Deposit – Submit a $40 non-refundable AP® Exam deposit by clicking on the link below. Deadline to submit deposit for the May 2020 exams is October 25, 2019.
Step 2: Activate your exam on MyAP – Using your College Board profile log in, visit the new College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org and log in to activate your exam(s). Exam activation will require a Join Code (Access Code) that is subject specific. Please see FAQs for more information. Deadline to activate your exam is October 25, 2019.
Step 3: Submit Balance of Fees Due – Students who successfully completed step 1 and 2 above will receive via email in November a personalized digital invoice for the applicable balance of fees due. Deadline to submit balance in full is March 1, 2020.
- AP® Exam Calendar
- AP® Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- AP® Test Site Security Regulations
- AP® Exam Locations
- Submit AP® Exam Deposit
Cedar Rapids Community School District holds that it is very important that every student consider taking the AP® Exam for the AP® course in which they are enrolled. CRCSD district schools have more students taking more AP® courses, getting higher scores on the exam, and earning more college credit each year.
CRCSD believes that students gain a tremendous academic advantage by being able to complete any of the AP courses offered in CRCSD schools and by taking the exams.
Please read through all the enclosed information carefully before submitting your order:
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be paid for and ordered in advance. The registration window for May 2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations opens on August 24, 2019 and closes on October 25, 2019.
The cost of each AP exam is $94. ($142 for AP® Capstone exams).
Students who are NOT currently enrolled in CRCSD must have permission from the CRCSD AP® Coordinator to register for exams – please contact Ms. Syndy Richey at SRichey@cr.k12.ia.us
2. NO late registration is possible.
3. All exams must be pre-paid via the online APTS system.
All exams require a deposit submission of $40 per exam by October 25 via the online deposit form at the link below. The deposit form accepts credit card or debit card and also mail in payment options. To submit an order using check or money order, please complete the order online and follow the directions to mail your order form and payment to the address on your confirmation ticket. For check or money orders, you may deduct the service fee applicable to credit card transactions from your total submitted. Postmark deadline for mailing in a check or money order to the APTS processing center is October 21.
⇒ Students who do not complete BOTH steps 1 and 2 above (i.e. join the activate the AP® exam AND submit exam deposits by October 25, 2019, will not have an exam order submitted by College Board and the exam will automatically be deactivated on the MyAP site. No neworders will be possible after October 25, 2019.
Students who successfully have an exam order complete by October 25, 2019 will receive via email at the PARENT email address on their deposit form a personalized digital invoice for the balance of fees due. Students can submit the balance of fees online using a credit or debit card, or by following the mail in instructions on the invoice.
Balance of fees must be paid in full by March 1, 2020 or the exam will be deactivated and the deposit forfeited.
4. NEW this year – All exams must be activated on the College Board’s new MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org To Activate the exam, students will log into the MyAP Site with their College Board profile accounts (the same account used to order SAT® exams, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® exam scores from past years.) Students who do not have an account will create one on the MyAP Site.
All students will complete the AP® Profile and registration pages online on the MyAP site – including personal information. (See FAQs for more information on what to include and why.)
To activate the subject exam, a Join Code (Access Code) will need to be applied to the MyAP Account by clicking ‘Add Exam/Class’ and entering the subject specific Join Code.
- JHS and WHS Students: Because the bulk of CRCSD exams are administered at a central location and the exams are ordered through KHS, students who attend JHS and WHS will receive a special Exam Join Code via email from APTS upon successful completion of exam fee submission. The Exam Join Codes will be emailed to the student email address provided on the payment form within 24-hrs of payment submission and verification. (See FAQs for more info.)
- JHS and WHS Students from will ALSO receive in class a teacher specific Class Join Code- this teacher-based code provides students with access to course and exam prep materials and should be used by ALL students, even if they do not plan to take the exam.
- ONLY the Exam Join Code will actually activate an exam order for JHS and WHS students
- KHS Students: Because the bulk of CRCSD exams are administered at a central location and the exams are ordered through KHS, KHS students will activate their exam order with the teacher specific Class Join Code. This teacher-based code provides students with access to course and exam prep materials and should be used by ALL students, even if they do not plan to take the exam. For KHS students who do NOT submit an exam payment form via APTS with fees or fee reduction verification, the exam will be de-activated after the October 25, 2019 payment deadline.
NOTE: BOTH deposit payment and exam activation MUST be completed by October 25, 2019 to enable your AP Coordinator to submit the exam order to College Board. Students who do not have both steps completed, will not have an exam ordered.
5. If a student decides to cancel an AP® Exam that has been ordered, they will be eligible for a full refund long as the refund request has been submitted by midnight, October 25, 2019. To request a cancellation and partial refund, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the student name, name of their school of enrollment, and the title of the exam to cancel. Refunds will be processed within 24-48 hours. Refund requests submitted after October 25, 2019 will forfeit the deposit and receive a partial refund. No partial refunds will be issued after March 1, 2020.
Before submitting your registration, be sure that your college/university accepts AP® Exam scores and that you understand that college/university’s credit policy.
6. Students who qualify for free or reduced lunch status will enter the Fee Reduction Code VYQ83N in the appropriate field on the online deposit form. Fee reduction code usage will be verified by APTS with CRCSD. Unapproved code usage will result in cancellation of the exam order until full payment is submitted. Activation of the exam is also required on the MyAP Site.
7. Almost all exams will be administered at the Educational Leadership Service Center (ELSC.) Information regarding testing rooms and locations will be distributed in late-April by CRCSD and will also be available on this website.
8. Exam Check In Times: For morning exams, students should check in by 7:15 a.m. Morning exam pre-administration begins promptly at 7:45 a.m. and testing at 8 a.m. Afternoon exam check in is at 11:15 a.m. Afternoon pre-administration begins promptly at 11:45 a.m. and testing at 12 p.m. (noon.) Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO LEAVE AN EXAM ROOM EARLY.
9. Accommodations: Students who need special testing accommodations must have those accommodations pre-approved through the College Board Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD). Please see your counselor at your CRCSD school site before January 17, 2020 to apply for or confirm your test accommodations.
10. Late Testing: College Board makes provisions for students affected by extenuating circumstances. College Board is, however, very strict regarding what qualifies as a reason to request Late Testing (see below). Late Testing is from May 20-22, 2020 and may incur an additional fee of $40 per late test. Due to the nature of the exams, CRCSD does not offer Late Testing for Music Theory or any of the World Language exams.
|No Additional Fee Incurred for Late Testing||Additional $40 Incurred for Late Testing|
* Students with two exams scheduled at the exact same date and time or with three exams scheduled on one day, should complete their online payment order form and exam activation as usual. If you are registering in such a situation, you will be contacted by APTS to alert you which exam(s) you have been assigned to for Late Testing (alternate test date).
** If you are anticipating that you need to apply for Late Testing due to a sports/athletics conflict, you will have an opportunity to request a late test as part of the online registration/ordering process.
If you need to request late testing after you have completed registration, you must contact APTS at email@example.com no later than May 5, 2020.
11. The Anna Purna Ghosh Advanced Placement Incentive Program: For the 11th year, the Ghosh Foundation will be reimbursing students for exams they take. Information on eligibility for reimbursement can be found under the CRCSD AP FAQs. Reimbursements are only for exams taken in May 2019 and are NOT cumulative from one year to the next. There is no limit to the number of exams for which a student can be reimbursed.
12. Special Note: Per College Board regulations, students who register for the AP® Computer Science Principles exam and fail to submit the required in-class assessment to the College Board AP® Digital Portfolio by April 30, will not be eligible to sit for the AP® CSP exam in May.
Please contact Syndy Richey (CRCSD AP® Coordinator) SRichey@cr.k12.ia.us with questions or concerns.
Technical help or assistance needed with registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-663-8348.