Students and Families enrolled in the Cedar Rapids Community School District schools can register here for the May 2023 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam administration.
PROCEDURES AND DEADLINES:
STEP 1: Submit Exam Fees – Students who select to take AP Exams must initiate an exam order by submitting AP Exam fees between August 23, 2022 and October 14, 2022. Submit fees by clicking on the link below. Deadline to submit fees is October 14, 2022*
Step 2: Activate your exam on MyAP – Visit the new College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org and log in with your College Board profile to activate your exam(s). Exam activation will require a Join Code (Access Code) that is subject specific. Please see FAQs for more information. KHS students will receive the join codes from your teacher. JHS and WHS students will receive the Join Codes via email on or around October 20. All students must have their exams active in the College Board MyAP site by November 1, 2022.*
- AP® Exam Calendar
- AP® Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- AP® Test Site Security Regulations
- Submit AP® Exam Fees
Cedar Rapids Community School District holds that it is very important that every student consider taking the AP® Exam for the AP® course in which they are enrolled. CRCSD district schools have more students taking more AP® courses, getting higher scores on the exam, and earning more college credit each year.
CRCSD believes that students gain a tremendous academic advantage by being able to complete any of the AP courses offered in CRCSD schools and by taking the exams.
Please read through all the enclosed information carefully before submitting your order:
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be paid for and ordered in advance. The payment window for May 2023 Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations opens on August 23, 2022 and closes on October 14, 2022.*
The cost of each AP exam is $97. ($145 for AP® Capstone exams).
Students who are NOT currently enrolled in CRCSD must have permission from the CRCSD AP® Coordinator to register for exams – please contact Ms. Syndy Richey at firstname.lastname@example.org
Late payment submission will be possible with a penalty fee of $40 per exam between November 16, 2022 and February 27, 2023.
3. All exams must be pre-paid via the online APTS system.
All exams orders must be initiated by completing the online payment form, which accepts credit card or debit card and also mail in payment options. To submit an order using check or money order, please complete the order online and follow the directions to mail your order form and payment to the address on your confirmation ticket. A 3.1% credit/debit card processing fee is applied automatically to debit or credit card payments. No additional fee is charged for mailing in a check or money order to one of the APTS processing centers. (Instructions provided at check out.) Postmark deadline for mailing in a check or money order to the APTS processing center is October 10, 2022.
Fee submission indicates your decision to commit to the exam (and for JHS and WHS will trigger release of join codes.)
⇒ Students who do not complete BOTH steps 1 and 2 above (i.e. submit fees by October 14 and activate the AP® exam on MyAP by November 1), will not have an exam order submitted to College Board.
4. Activating the exam on the College Board’s MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org: To Activate the exam, students will log into the MyAP Site with their College Board profile accounts (the same account used to order SAT® exams, or to collect PSAT/NMSQT® and AP® exam scores from past years.) Students who do not have an account will create one on the MyAP Site.
All students will complete/update the AP® Profile and registration pages online on the MyAP site – including personal information. (See FAQs for more information on what to include and why.)
To activate the subject exam, a Join Code (Access Code) will need to be applied to the MyAP Account by clicking ‘Add Exam/Class’ and entering the subject specific Join Code.
- JHS and WHS Students: Because the bulk of CRCSD exams are administered at a central location and the exams are ordered through KHS, students who attend JHS and WHS will receive a special Exam Join Code. This code will be issued on or around October 20, 2022 to students who have successfully completed the payment form and submitted applicable fees. (See FAQs for more info.)
- JHS and WHS Students from will ALSO receive in class a teacher specific Class Join Code- this teacher-based code provides students with access to course and exam prep materials and should be used by ALL students, even if they do not plan to take the exam.
- ONLY the Exam Join Code will actually activate an exam order for JHS and WHS students. Therefore to activate the exam, the Exam Join Code must be entered in ADDITION to the teacher code.
- KHS Students: Because the bulk of CRCSD exams are administered at a central location and the exams are ordered through KHS, KHS students will activate their exam order with the teacher specific Class Join Code. This teacher-based code provides students with access to course and exam prep materials and should be used by ALL students, even if they do not plan to take the exam. For KHS students who do NOT submit an exam payment form via APTS with fees or fee reduction verification, the exam will be de-activated after the October 14, 2022 payment deadline.
- Students not enrolled in CRCSD Schools: Students not enrolled currently in a CRCSD campus will receive the Exam Join Code via email AFTER successful submission of the fee. These students must therefore submit their fees by October 14, 2022.
5. If a student decides to cancel an AP® Exam that has been ordered, they can submit a cancellation request to the APTS Cancellation Desk at email@example.com: include the student name, name of their school of enrollment, and the title of the exam to cancel. To be eligible for a refund of $57 per exam ($104 per Capstone exam), the cancellation request must be submitted to the Cancellation Desk no later than March 1, 2023. Requests submitted after March 1, 2023 and no shows on exam day will not be eligible for any refund. Credit card processing fees are non-refundable.
Before submitting your registration, be sure that your college/university accepts AP® Exam scores and that you understand that college/university’s credit policy.
6. Students who qualify for free or reduced lunch status will enter the Fee Reduction Code LEGXYT in the appropriate field on the online deposit form. Fee reduction code usage will be verified by APTS with CRCSD. Unapproved code usage will result in cancellation of the exam order until full payment is submitted. Activation of the exam is also required on the MyAP Site. Students who have their exam fees waived will not receive an invoice for additional fees.
7. Exam administration details will be communicated to registrants by the school district closer to the exam administration date. However, note that most exams are provisionally planned to be administered at the Educational Leadership Service Center (ELSC.)
8. Accommodations: Students who need special testing accommodations must have those accommodations pre-approved through the College Board Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD). Please see your counselor at your CRCSD school site before January 18, 2023 to apply for or confirm your test accommodations.
9. Late Testing: College Board makes provisions for students affected by extenuating circumstances. College Board is, however, very strict regarding what qualifies as a reason to request Late Testing (see below). Late Testing is from May 17-19, 2023 and may incur an additional fee of $40 per late test. Due to the nature of the exams, CRCSD does not offer Late Testing for Music Theory or any of the World Language exams.
|No Additional Fee Incurred for Late Testing||Additional $40 Incurred for Late Testing|
Students with two exams scheduled at the exact same date and time or with three exams scheduled on one day, should complete their online payment order form and exam activation as usual. If you are registering in such a situation, you will be contacted by APTS to alert you which exam(s) you have been assigned to for Late Testing (alternate test date).
** If you are anticipating that you need to apply for Late Testing due to a sports/athletics conflict, you will have an opportunity to request a late test as part of the online registration/ordering process.
If you need to request late testing after you have completed registration, you must contact APTS at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 30, 2021.
10. The Anna Purna Ghosh Advanced Placement Incentive Program: For the 11th year, the Ghosh Foundation will be reimbursing students for exams they take. Information on eligibility for reimbursement can be found under the CRCSD AP FAQs. Reimbursements are only for exams taken in May 2023 are NOT cumulative from one year to the next. There is no limit to the number of exams for which a student can be reimbursed.
11. Special Note: Per College Board regulations, students who register for the AP® Computer Science Principles exam and fail to submit the required in-class assessment to the College Board AP® Digital Portfolio by May 1, will not be eligible to sit for the AP® CSP exam in May.
Please contact Syndy Richey (CRCSD AP® Coordinator) at email@example.com with questions or concerns.
* Students in courses that COMMENCE in the Spring/Second Semester may submit an exam fee before October 14 but are not required to do so. These students, and ONLY these students will be able to submit exam fees without penalty between January 10 and February 27, 2023. Students enrolled in courses that COMMENCE in the Spring/Second semester will activate their exams at that time.
Technical help or assistance needed with registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-663-8348.