Registration Deadline: March 1, 2019
- AP Exam Schedule and Locations
- AP Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
- AP Test Site Security Regulations
- Order AP Exams
Cedar Rapids Community School District holds that it is very important that every student consider taking the AP Exam for the AP course in which they are enrolled. CRCSD district schools have more students taking more AP courses, getting higher scores on the exam, and earning more college credit each year.
CRCSD believes that students gain a tremendous academic advantage by being able to complete any of the AP courses offered in CRCSD schools and by taking the exams.
Please read through all the enclosed information carefully before submitting your order:
1. Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations must be paid for and ordered in advance. The registration window for May 2019 Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations opens on December 12, 2018 and closes on March 1, 2019.
The cost of each AP exam is $94. ($142 for AP Capstone exams).
Students who are NOT currently enrolled in CRCSD must have permission from the CRCSD AP Coordinator to register for exams – please contact Ms. Syndy Richey at SRichey@cr.k12.ia.us
2. NO late registration is possible.
3. All exams must be pre-paid and pre-ordered via the online AP Test Service system. Payment is possible with credit or debit card payments OR mailing in a check/money order. To mail in payment in the form of check or money order, please complete the order form online and mail a copy of the form to the address provided on the confirmation. Checks should be made payable to “AP Test Service” and be postmarked by February 25, 2019 to ensure timely processing. Instructions will be provided in the summary email. Click on Order AP Exams to submit you order.
4. If a student decides to cancel an AP Exam that has been ordered, they will be eligible for a partial refund of 95% of fees as long as the refund request has been submitted by midnight, March 8, 2019. To request a cancellation and partial refund, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the student name, name of their school of enrollment, and the title of the exam to cancel. Refunds will be processed within 24-48 hours.
Before submitting your registration, be sure that your college/university accepts AP Exam scores and that you understand that college/university’s credit policy.
Students who register for an exam, but do not show up for the scheduled exam will be charged a $15 fee. This applies to all students.
5. Students who qualify for free or reduced lunch status will enter the Fee Reduction Code KRT138 in the appropriate field on the online registration form. Fee reduction code usage will be verified by APTS with CRCSD. Unapproved code usage will result in cancellation of the exam order until full payment is submitted.
6. Almost all exams will be administered at the Educational Leadership Service Center (ELSC.) Information regarding testing rooms and locations will be distributed in late-April by CRCSD and will also be available on this website.
7. Exam Check In Times: For morning exams, students should check in by 7:15 a.m. Morning exam pre-administration begins promptly at 7:45am and testing at 8am. Afternoon exam check in is at 11:15 a.m. Afternoon pre-administration begins promptly at 11:45am and testing at 12pm (noon.) Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP exam dates and times and plan accordingly. STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO LEAVE AN EXAM ROOM EARLY.
8. Accommodations: Students who need special testing accommodations must have those accommodations pre-approved through the College Board Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD). Please see your counselor at your CRCSD school site by February 15, 2019 to apply for or confirm your test accommodations.
9. Late Testing: College Board makes provisions for students affected by extenuating circumstances. College Board is, however, very strict regarding what qualifies as a reason to request Late Testing (see below). Late Testing is from May 22-24, 2019 and may incur an additional fee of $45 per late test. Due to the nature of the exams, CRCSD does not offer Late Testing for Music Theory or any of the World Language exams.
|No Additional Fee Incurred for Late Testing||Additional $45 Incurred for Late Testing|
* Students with two exams scheduled at the exact same date and time or with three exams scheduled on one day, should complete their online registration order form as usual. If you are registering in such a situation, you will be contacted by AP Test Service to alert you which exam(s) you have been assigned to for Late Testing (alternate test date).
** If you are anticipating that you need to apply for Late Testing due to a sports/athletics conflict, you will have an opportunity to request a late test as part of the online registration/ordering process. Per College Board regulations, a student who is approved for Late Testing due to a sport conflict will need to submit a $45 Late Testing Fee. AP Test Service will be able to assist you with that fee submission. CRCSD will pay the $45 Late Test fee costs ONLY for District or State level athletic events.
If you need to request late testing after you have completed registration, you must contact AP Test Service at email@example.com no later than May 8, 2019.
10. The Anna Purna Ghosh Advanced Placement Incentive Program: For the 10th year, the Ghosh Foundation will be reimbursing students for exams they take. Information on eligibility for reimbursement can be found under the CRCSD AP FAQs. Reimbursements are only for exams taken in May 2019 and are NOT cumulative from one year to the next. There is no limit to the number of exams for which a student can be reimbursed.
11. Special Note: Per College Board regulations, students who register for the AP Computer Science Principles exam and fail to submit the required in-class assessment to the College Board AP Digital Portfolio by April 30, will not be eligible to sit for the AP CSP exam on May 10.
Please contact Syndy Richey (CRCSD AP Coordinator) SRichey@cr.k12.ia.us with questions or concerns.
Technical help or assistance needed with registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-663-8348.