Families and students enrolled at Clairemont High School, (San Diego, CA), can register here for the 2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) Exam Administration.
Before placing your order, please review the following information.
- 2020 AP® Exam Schedule (UPDATED)
- COVID-19 UPDATES from The College Board
- UPDATE Regarding 2020 AP Exams from The College Board: https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/coronavirus-updates
- Schedule of Free AP Instructional Videos on YouTube by expert AP Teachers from around the country:
NEW Registration Deadlines and Steps:
Step 1: Activate Exam – Students log into their AP® Exam Groups on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org to join the online AP® Exam group. (See FAQs for more information and details.) SPRING Deadline to activate is February 21, 2020.*
Step 2: Fee Submission – Click on Submit AP® Exam Payment and complete the online payment form to submit fees. All students complete the online payment form, regardless of method of payment. SPRING Deadline is February 21, 2020.*
Registration Regulations and Information:
1. Students should consult with their AP® teachers about registering for the AP® Exams.
2. Exam registration for 2020 exams requires two steps: activation of your exam on the College Board MyAP site AND submission of exam fees.
3. To Activate an Exam on the College Board MyAP site students log into their College Board profile accounts via http://myap.collegeboard.org
College Board Profile accounts are the same accounts used to order SAT exams or to collect prior year PSAT or AP exam scores. Students who have never taken one of those exams should create a new profile.
Once logged into MyAP, students will JOIN the AP Class with a teacher and subject specific Join Code (Access Code.) Student can obtain the Join Codes from their Teachers.
Students will then be prompted to complete the online registration profile in MyAP.
ALL students should complete the Join Step to become part of the online AP Class community and access free College Board course resources, regardless of whether they are taking the exam.
FALL Deadline to activate the exam on MyAP is October 16, 2019. SPRING Deadline is February 28, 2020. (Deadlines are based on when the student’s course COMMENCES.)
*Students enrolled in Spring AP® courses will have the opportunity to activate their AP® Exams when the course commences in the Spring and submit fees between January 25, 2020 and February 21, 2020 for no penalty.
4. The cost of each AP® Exam is $94.00 each.
All exams must be ordered online through the APTS system, which accepts credit card and debit card payments. A 3% online payment fee will be added to the total. This fee covers the additional charges by third-party processors and is not collected by Clairemont High School. If you do not wish to use the online payment option, you may mail in check or money order payment to APTS. Mail in payment must be postmarked by October 12, 2019 to ensure timely processing. Instructions regarding the mailing in of the check or money order payment will be emailed to the parent email address provided on the registration form upon completion of the form.
Late registration for courses that commence in the Fall will be possible from October 17 through October 25 with a penalty fee of $15 per exam.
*Late registration for courses that commence in the Spring will be possible from February 22 through February 28 with a penalty fee of $15 per exam.
Students are taking a course that commenced in the Fall and who missed the October registration and wish to add an exam in the Spring will be charged a $40 late activation fee.
5. Students who fail to complete BOTH the exam activation step and the fee submission by the deadline will not have a fully complete exam order and no order will be submitted for them to College Board. BOTH activation and fee submission is required.
6. A calendar of scheduled dates is posted at the link below. Students report to the cafeteria on exam day. Check-in for morning exams will begin promptly at 7:30 a.m., and the afternoon exams at 11:30 a.m. Exam administration will begin as soon as check-in is completed. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately three hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
7. Refunds/Cancellation: Students who submit a cancellation request by 11:59pm PST on October 16, 2019 will receive a full refund. Students who submit a cancellation request after October 16 and before 11:59pm PST on April 10, 2020, will receive a partial refund. A $54 unused exam fee will be forfeited. Exams cancelled after April 10 or examinees who no show on exam day are not eligible for a refund. To cancel email email@example.com and include the student name, name of the school and the title of the exam to cancel.
UPDATED REFUND POLICY (April 7, 2020): Due to the extended school closures students may elect to cancel their exams through April 30, 2020 for a full refund of the exam fee. Credit card fees and late registration fees are not eligible for refund. To request a cancellation and refund please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the email your student’s name, name of the school of attendance (including city/state) and the title of the exam(s) to cancel.
8. In order to register for AP® tests at a reduced cost, please see your AP® teacher, school counselors, or Ms. Thomas for your Fee Reduction Code. If you need to submit your Free/Reduced Lunch Application to qualify, please see the front office clerks.
9. Students report to the Cafeteria for exams unless communicated otherwise. Please check with your AP® teacher, school counselors, or Ms. Thomas for confirmation.
10. Note: per College Board regulations, a student who has not completed and SUBMITTED to College Board the in-class assessment for AP® Computer Science Principles by April 30, may not sit for the exam in May.
*Students enrolled in Spring AP® courses will have the opportunity to activate their AP® Exams when the course commences in the Spring. These students and only these students may delay exam fee submission until January 25, 2020 and February 21, 2020 for no penalty.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at email@example.com