Deadline to register: February 28, 2019
Please read all information below carefully.
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be paid for and ordered in advance. The registration window for the Advanced Placement (AP®) exams opens on January 21 and runs through midnight PST on February 28, 2019. Cost is $100 per exam.
2. Late registration is possible from March 1 through March 15, 2019 with a penalty fee of $20 per exam.
3. All exams must be pre-paid and pre-ordered via the online system, which accepts credit or debit card payments. To submit an order using check or money order, please complete the order online and mail a copy of the form to the address provided on the confirmation email that will be sent to the parent email address provided on the registration form. Checks should be made payable to “APTS.” Postmark deadline applies to ensure timely processing through our national processing center.
4. NO refunds or cancellations are possible.
5. Students who require accommodations on their AP® exams, must submit an application to College Board by February 22, 2019. Please contact Nancy McRae (619) 522-8907 (ext. 1061) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
6. Fee reductions sponsored by the College Board are available to families who qualify. Contact Nancy McRae (619) 522-8907 (ext. 1061) or email@example.com for an application to see if you qualify as well as instructions to register via the online system with a discount code. Deadline to submit a fee reduction application is February 25, 2019.
7. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:30 a.m. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 11:45 a.m. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. STUDENTS MUST REMAIN IN THE EXAM ROOM FOR THE ENTIRE DURATION OF THE EXAM PERIOD, STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO LEAVE AN EXAM ROOM EARLY.
8. Information regarding testing rooms and locations will be posted at the front office and on the Multi-Purpose Room.
9. ALL STUDENTS REGISTERED FOR AP® EXAMS MUST ATTEND A MANDATORY PRE-REGISTRATION SESSION in the CHS Theater on May 1, 2019 at 7:45 AM to fill out exam paperwork. This process saves time and stress during exam days.
10. Special Note: Per College Board regulations, students who do not submit the required in-class assessment for AP® Computer Science Principles by April 30 to the online digital portfolio, will not be eligible to test in May and will not be eligible for a refund.
11. Stand-By Testing: Students who have missed all applicable deadlines and still wish to sign up for an AP exam will be placed on a waiting list and will be offered a stand-by opportunity on the day of the exam. Students offered a stand-by test will be charged $150 cash only exam fee on the day of the exam and ONLY if an exam is available.
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES FOR CHS AP EXAMS
|January 21||Registration Opens|
|February 22||Deadline to apply for accommodations|
|February 25||Deadline to apply for a fee reduction|
|February 28||Registration Deadline|
|March 15||Deadline for LATE Registration (penalty fee)|
|May 1||MANDATORY student pre-administration session in CHS Theatre|
|May 6||AP® Testing begins (see calendar for details)|
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org