Deadline to register: November 6, 2020
Deadlines and Procedures:
Step 1: Submit Exam Fee Deposit – Submit a $20 per exam deposit between September 15 and November 6, 2020. Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 2: Activate Exam – Students must activate their exams on The College Board MyAP site by JOINing their AP® Class on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. Deadline to activate your exam is November 6, 2020. (See the FAQs for more information.)
Step 3: Submit balance due -In late November, students who successfully initiated an exam order by completing steps 1 and 2, will receive from APTS via email a personalized invoice for the balance of fees due. Balance due paid in full by March 5, 2021.
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be pre-ordered by completing Step 1 and Step 2 above. Registration opens on September 15, 2021 for the May 2021 exams and must be completed no later than November 6, 2020.
2. The cost of each AP® exam is $100. A deposit of $20 must be submitted by November 6, 2020 to initiate the exam order. The full fees must be submitted no later than March 5, 2021.
3. All exams must be activated by completing BOTH step 1 and 2 no later than November 6, 2020. There will be no late registration and no standby testing.
4. The online deposit submission system accepts credit card or debit card as well as mail in payments. There is an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. To submit an order using a check or money order, which has no additional fee, please complete the deposit form online and follow the directions to mail in your order form and payment to the address on your confirmation email. Postmark deadline for mail in payments is October 30, 2020.
5. Students who have successfully initiated an exam order by submitting deposit and activating the exam on MyAP, will receive in late November a customized digital invoice to the parent email address provided on the deposit form. The full balance is due paid in full by March 5, 2021.
Balances due can be paid online with a credit or debit card or by mailing in a check or money order.
NOTE that students who fail to activate the exam on MyAP by November 6, 2020 will NOT have a successful exam order initiated and will not have an exam ordered. See FAQs for more information.
Exams with a balance due remaining as of March 6, 2021 will be cancelled and the deposit paid forfeited.
6. Students who require accommodations on their AP® exams, must submit an application to College Board by January 15, 2021. Please contact Catherine Burling at Catherine.Burling@coronadousd.net for more information.
7. Fee reductions sponsored by the College Board are available to families who qualify. Please visit this digital form to apply: Coronado HS Fee Reduction Application Contact Catherine Burling at Catherine.Burling@coronadousd.net for questions regarding fee reductions. Submit your fee reduction application BEFORE submitting your exam fee deposit.
8. Students who submitted an active exam order and decide to cancel may do so for a full refund through 11:59pm on November 6, 2020. Cancellation requests submitted between November 7, 2020 and 11:59pm on March 5, 2021 will forfeit the deposit and receive a partial refund. To request a cancellation of an exam, please email email@example.com and include your name, name of your school, and the title of the exam to cancel.
9. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:30 a.m. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 11:45 a.m. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. STUDENTS MUST REMAIN IN THE EXAM ROOM FOR THE ENTIRE DURATION OF THE EXAM PERIOD, STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO LEAVE AN EXAM ROOM EARLY.
Information regarding testing rooms and locations will be communicated to examinees closer to the exam administration date.
10. Special Note: Per College Board regulations, students who do not submit the required in-class assessment for AP® Computer Science Principles by April 30 to the online digital portfolio, will not be eligible to test in May and will not be eligible for a refund.
Questions or need assistance? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org