Registration Deadline: October 15, 2021
Cost: $117 per exam, $155 per AP® Capstone course assessment
Registration procedures and deadlines:
Step 1: Activate the exam on MyAP – Students log into the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org to join the online AP® Class. Joining the class activates the exam (See FAQs for more information and details.) Deadline to activate is October 15, 2021.
Step 2: Exam Fee Submission – Click on Submit AP® Exam Payment and complete the online payment form to submit fees. All students registering for an exam must complete the online payment form, regardless of method of payment. Deadline is October 15, 2021.
General Information and Policies:
1. The Exam fee for the 2022 AP® Exam Administration is $117 per exam, $155 per AP Capstone exam through October 15, 2021. A penalty fee of $43 per exam will be charged for orders submitted between October 16 and October 30, 2021. No orders will be accepted after October 30, 2021. (Registration opens September 15, 2021).
2. Exam registration for 2022 exams requires two steps: activation of your exam on the College Board MyAP site AND submission of exam fees. Both steps must be completed by the deadline.
3. To Activate an Exam on the College Board MyAP site students log into their College Board profile accounts via http://myap.collegeboard.org
College Board Profile accounts are the same accounts used to order SAT® exams or to collect prior year PSAT® or AP® exam scores. Students who have never taken one of those exams should create a new profile by clicking ‘Create Account’ on the MyAP main page.
Once logged into MyAP, students will JOIN the AP® Class with a teacher and subject specific Join Code (Access Code.) Student can obtain the Join Codes from their Teachers.
Students will then be prompted to complete or update the online registration profile in MyAP.
ALL students should complete the Join Step to become part of the online AP Class community and access free College Board course resources, regardless of whether they are taking the exam. Exams will only be ordered for those who have corresponding payments submitted by the registration deadline.
Deadline to activate the exam on MyAP is October 15, 2021.
4. Payment of Exam Fees: All students choosing to take exams must complete the online APTS Payment form, which accepts credit card and debit card payments as well as mail in payments. A 3.1% online payment fee will be added to the total for online payments. If you do not wish to use the online payment option, you may mail in check or money order payment to APTS. Mail in payment must be postmarked by October 11, 2021 to ensure timely processing. Instructions regarding the mailing in of the check or money order payment will be emailed to the parent email address upon completion of the payment form.
5. Students who fail to complete BOTH the exam activation step and the fee submission by the deadline will not have a fully complete exam order and no order will be submitted for them to College Board. BOTH activation and fee submission is required.
6. Fee reductions are available but must be applied for by October 11 to ensure meeting the registration deadline. Approval may take several days. To apply, follow the following steps:
7. Special Accommodations information can be obtained from your special education case manager or counselor. Applications must be submitted in advance for approval from College Board. Deadline is January 18, 2022. Contact Hyla Cafferty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Refunds: Students who order and pay for an exam but decide to cancel with written notification before 11:59pm October 30, 2021 will receive a full refund of the exam fees (credit card fees are non-refundable). Cancellation requests submitted between October 31, 2021 11:59pm and on April 1, 2022 will receive a partial refund (A $50.00 cancellation penalty will be retained which covers administrative charges and the College Board cancellation penalty fee.) No exchange or re-selling of tests. To cancel your exam send an email to email@example.com by the deadlines above and include your name, student ID number, school you attend, and name of the exam you want to cancel. No shows on exam day are not eligible for any refund. No refunds will be issued after April 1, 2022.
9. Exam Day Details: Exam administration day details are to be determined and will be released by the school to examinees closer to the actual exam administration. General exam day information to bear in mind for planning purposes include:
- Check in for morning exams will be promptly at 7:30 a.m. and 12:01 p.m. for afternoon exams. Students will then complete exam identification information, which takes approximately 30 minutes. So please make sure that you are in the room on time since every minute before the exam timing begins also counts! Morning exam administration will begin at 8:00am and afternoon exams at 12:30pm. Students who report after exam administration begins will not be admitted and will not have a make-up opportunity. No exceptions.
- Exams will take approximately 4 hours 30 minutes. Please notify your coaches of AP® Test dates and times and plan accordingly. Students will not be allowed to leave the test early.
- Students must bring their school picture ID cards, two #2 pencils, pens, erasers, and calculators (if applicable – see AP® Security Rules for approved types) with fresh batteries to the AP® test room. Without picture ID a student WILL NOT be admitted. CELL PHONES, BACKPACKS, PURSES OR BAGS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN TESTING CENTERS. We recommend those are left at home or in your vehicle.
- Students must adhere to the Test Site Regulations for the duration of the exam period. Consequences include removal from exam and cancellation of scores. See Test Site Regulations for specific details.
- College Board regulations hold that students may not take both the AP® Calculus AB and BC exams in the same calendar year.
- College Board is extremely strict regarding qualifying for rescheduling an AP® exam to the Late Testing (make-up) window. In addition, the reason for requesting late testing must also meet the Carlsbad School Board Approved regulations for excused absences. In conjunction with College Board regulations, CHS approved reasons to reschedule an exam include: extreme illness (hospitalization or medical care, a doctor’s note will be required), bereavement, court appearance, conflict with another AP® exam, or a school sponsored sport or academic event. Additional fees may apply and documentation may be required. Students are NOT eligible for Late Testing for reasons such as: family trips, conflict with an in-class exam/activity, or having selected the incorrect AP® exam subject when you submitted your order. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information – deadlines for ordering the alternate exam materials apply and vary per subject.
For more information such as a schedule of exams offered, and directions, contact email@example.com