Registration Deadline: October 6, 2023
Exam Fees: $135
How do I place an AP® exam order?
STEP 1: Activate your exam – Log into the College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org using your College Board profile and apply the ‘Join Code’ (access code) you receive from your teacher for each of your subjects.
College Board profiles are the same accounts used to order SAT® exams, or to collect prior year PSAT/NMSQT® or AP® Exam scores. Do not create a new account if you already have one (see below for tips.)
Students will obtain a Join Code (access code) from their AP® Course teachers. Join Codes for the MyAP Site are subject, teacher and class period specific.
Once the student has joined the online AP® Class group, they will be prompted to complete the MyAP Registration Profile pages.
ALL students should complete the Join Step to join the online class and access the free College Board course materials and resources.
To activate the exam, students will simply join the class on MyAP. Only exams with corresponding fee submission will actually be ordered.
If you are a California High School (SRVUSD) student who would like to take an AP Exam for a subject that you are self-studying or studying off-campus, you can submit payment via the link below by the October 6, 2023 deadline. You will need to contact AP Coordinator Yanes for an Exam Only Join Code to activate the exam on MyAP by the activation deadline.
Deadline to activate the exam on MyAP is October 6, 2023.
STEP 2: Submit exam fees – Click on “Submit fees for AP® Exams” below and submit your fees.
Payment for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3.1% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online registration form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the parent email address you provide on the registration form.
Postmark deadline for mail in payments is October 2, 2023 to ensure timely processing.
Deadline to Submit AP® Exam fees without penalty is October 6, 2023.
Late registration is possible with a penalty fee of $45 per exam between November 20, 2023 and March 1, 2024.
Both Step 1 and 2 must be completed to complete the exam order. Failure to complete both steps 1 and 2 by October 6, 2023 means the AP® Coordinator for your school cannot submit an exam order as initiated with College Board without penalty.
Tips for setting up your College Board Profile on MyAP:
– Use an email address that you will have access to throughout high school AND university
– Make sure to enter your COMPLETE legal name to prevent issues with sending score reports to colleges and universities. Double check that it’s YOUR name on the account – it may sound silly, but out of habit a parent may have entered their own name, or even autofill may have entered a name for you that is not correct and will delay your score reporting to Colleges and Universities.
– Enter your SRVUSD Student ID Number to enable accurate exam day attendance reporting
– Send Scores: Each student is eligible for a free score report sent by College Board to the College/University of their choosing (applicable mostly to seniors.) To claim your Free Score Report, navigate to your MyAP Registration Profile and then to “Score Send.” Enter the name of the college or university to receive your scores before June 15 to claim your free score report.
I can’t access my College Board Profile account or am not sure I have one. What do I do?
The College Board Profile is the same account used to access your past years’ AP® scores, PSAT® scores, and SAT® scores. Do not create a new one! Each student should have only ONE unique account. If you are unable to access the account, try using the ‘Forget Password?’ link on http://myap.collegeboard.org OR email email@example.com OR call 888-225-5427 for assistance.
Where do I get the Join Code to complete the join step on the MyAP site?
Join Codes are subject, teacher, and period specific. They will be distributed by your teachers in class, please see your teacher if you were absent.
What if I miss the October deadline to submit fees?
A penalty fee of $45 per exam will automatically be applied to any payments submitted between November 20, 2023 and March 1, 2024. No new exam orders will be accepted after March 1, 2024.
How do I submit the exam fees?
Payment for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3.1% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online deposit form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the email address you provide on the registration form. Postmark deadline for the Fall registration period to ensure timely mail in processing is October 2, 2023.
Can I cancel my exam?
- Students who submit a cancellation request by 11:59pm PST on November 5, 2023 will receive a full refund of the exam fees and any applicable late ordering fees, minus a $3 administrative processing fee.
- Students who submit a cancellation request after November 5, 2023 and before 11:59pm PST on March 1, 2024, will receive a partial refund of the exam fees minus a $5 administrative processing fee and a $40 College Board cancellation penalty fee. Any late fees that were submitted will be forfeited.
- Exams cancelled after March 1 or examinees who no show on exam day are not eligible for a refund.
- Credit or debit card processing fees are non-refundable.
- To cancel email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the student name, name of the school and the title of the exam to cancel.
Can I change when I take the exam?
Exam times are set by The College Board. Note that AP® Exams must be taken only at the times established by The College Board. Exams administered by SRVUSD will be at the dates and times set by The College Board (see the calendar at the link below.)
College Board is extremely strict regarding qualifying for rescheduling an AP® exam to the Late Testing (make-up) window. In addition, the reason for requesting late testing must also meet the local school district regulations for excused absences. In conjunction with College Board regulations, SRVUSD approved reasons to reschedule an exam include: extreme illness (hospitalization or medical care, a doctor’s note will be required), bereavement, court appearance, conflict with another AP® exam, or a school sponsored sport or academic event. Additional fees may apply and documentation may be required.
SRVUSD Students are NOT eligible for Late Testing for reasons such as: family trips, conflict with an in-class exam/activity, failure to attend the exam, or having selected the incorrect AP® exam subject when you submitted your order.
Is there financial aid available for the 2024 AP® exams?
Students who meet the College Board Fee Reduction Guidelines based on family/household income may apply for a Fee Reduction Code by contacting their school’s AP Coordinator, Ms. Yanes at email@example.com Approved students will be issued a Fee Reduction Code. The Fee Reduction Code will be applied to your exam payment form (at the link below) to reduce the exam fees significantly. Please apply for the code BEFORE completing the online payment form. All code usage will be verified.
What if I get sick and can’t make the exam?
There are provisions for students who become sick or injured during or right before testing. In case of such an emergency, please contact your AP® Coordinator at your school IMMEDIATELY. A doctor’s note will be required. IMMEDIATE contact – if ill on the day of the scheduled exam – is crucial due to the deadlines involved in ordering make up materials.
How do I know where to report for the exam?
Exam day information will be released by your school closer to the exam date.
What may I bring into the exam room?
Please see the detailed Exam Site Security Regulations.
How do I access my exam scores?
Students will log into their College Board profiles via http://apscore.org to retrieve their exam scores. Scores are released in early July each year. Students will need access to their College Board profile and their AP ID number – the AP ID number can be found on the MyAP Profile in MyAP.
If you need assistance, please contact APTS at firstname.lastname@example.org