Deadline to Register: November 5, 2022 (midnight CST)*
Exam Fees: $50 per exam
How can I earn college credit through AP®?
If you take the AP® exam in May, you can earn college credit by earning a score of a 3, 4, or 5 or the exam. To determine what score you will need at one school, use the College Board’s website: AP® Credit Search
When is the deadline to register for a test?
If your AP® course COMMENCES in the Fall semester, your deadline to register for the May 2023 tests is November 5, 2022 (midnight PST).
If you are taking an AP® that COMMENCES in the Spring semester, you may submit your registration with no penalty fees between January 1, 2023 and March 3, 2023.
What happens if I miss the registration deadline?
If you missed the November deadline, late registration is possible from November 15, 2022 through March 3, 2023 for a penalty fee of $40 per exam. No exam orders can be accepted after March 3, 2023.
How do I place an exam order?
STEP 1: Activate your exam on The College Board MyAP website.
– Visit http://myap.collegeboard.org and log in with your College Board Profile (this is the same profile used to access your PSAT® or SAT® scores, or to access AP® scores from previous years.) If you do not have a College Board profile, you can create one at MyAP (http://myap.collegeboard.org)
– Join the AP® Class for your specific exam subject – your AP® Class teacher will provide you in class with the Join Code for their subject (Join Codes are subject, teacher and period specific).
Deadline to activate your registration for your Fall Course exam is November 5, 2022. Students who are enrolled in an AP course that COMMENCES in the Spring must activate their exam by March 3, 2023.
ALL students should join the AP® Class on MyAP for their AP® Course to access the FREE resources College Board have made available on the MyAP website (resources such as practice questions and videos.) However, exams will ONLY be ordered for students who submit payment by the applicable deadline.
STEP 2: Submit exam fees
– Select the name of your school below and complete the online payment form. Payment for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3.1% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online registration form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the parent email address you provide on the registration form. Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in payment processing is October 31, 2022.
Deadline to submit exam fees for your Fall Course exam is November 5, 2022. Students who are enrolled in an AP Course that COMMENCES in the Spring must submit their exam fees without penalty by March 3, 2023.
Deadline to register: November 3, 2023
Bryan Collegiate HS
Bryan High School
James Rudder High School
Any students who have not completed BOTH steps of joining the MyAP AP® Class AND submitting exam fees by the applicable deadlines, will not have an exam ordered.
I can’t access my College Board Profile?
Do NOT create a new College Board account! Each student should have only 1 account that they will use for exam ordering and score retrieval throughout high school AND university. Try using the ‘Forget Password?’ link on http://myap.collegeboard.org OR email firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 888-225-5427 for assistance.
Tips for setting up your College Board Profile on MyAP:
– Use an email address that you will have access to throughout high school AND university
– Make sure to enter your COMPLETE legal name to prevent issues with sending score reports to colleges and universities
– Enter your school Student ID number in the field provided on MyAP. This will assist your school in accurate exam day attendance reporting
Is there fee assistance available?
Fee reductions are possible for qualifying students. If you feel you are eligible, please contact your school site AP® Coordinator. Once eligibility has been confirmed, you will be provided with a Fee Reduction Code that will reduce the price of the exam(s) on the registration form to the appropriate amount.
- Contact at Bryan Collegiate HS for Fee Reductions: Dana Bechuck
- Contact at Bryan High School for Fee Reductions: Sondra Junek
- Contact at Rudder High School for Fee Reductions: Natalyn Samuels
What happens if I change my mind about taking an AP® test after I register?
No exam cancellations or refunds are possible. Please make your decision carefully after reviewing exam and course information from your teacher on The College Board MyAP system at http://myap.collegeboard.org
My course doesn’t start until the Spring/Second Semester. How do I get the Join Code?
Students who are enrolled in SPRING or Second Semester Courses (i.e. courses that do not COMMENCE until the second semester and are not yearlong) will receive activation Join Codes for those courses when the courses commence. These students are able to submit exam fees in the Fall but are NOT required to do so. Students in Spring Semester courses may submit fees between January 1-March 3, 2023 with no penalty fees.
How do I prepare for an AP® exam?
See the AP® website for previous test questions, study tips and more: AP® Exam Prep
What happens if I do not show up to take my exam on the day of the test?
College Board has strict regulations regarding what qualifies for approval to reschedule an AP® exam. If a student has a severe conflict or illness, please contact your school site AP® Coordinator immediately to find out if you qualify for rescheduling of an AP® Exam. Additional fees may apply.
- Contact at Bryan Collegiate HS: Dana Bechuck
- Contact at Bryan High School: Sondra Junek
- Contact at Rudder High School: Natalyn Samyels
How do I receive my scores?
Scores will be available July after the May exams via logging into your College Board MyAP account.