AP® Exam FAQs
Deadline to Register: November 1, 2019 (midnight CST)*
Exam Fees: $50 per exam
What day is my test?
Please review the AP® Exam Calendar posted HERE.
How can I earn college credit through AP®?
If you take the AP® exam in May, you can earn college credit by earning a score of a 3, 4, or 5 or the exam. To determine what score you will need at one school, use the College Board’s website: AP® Credit Search
When is the deadline to register for a test?
The deadline to register for the 2020 tests will be on November 1, 2019, midnight CST.
What happens if I miss the registration deadline?
No late registration is possible.
How do I place an exam order?
STEP 1: Select the name of your school below and complete the online payment form. Payment for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online registration form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the parent email address you provide on the registration form. Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in payment processing is October 28, 2019.
Deadline to submit your exam fees: November 1, 2019 at 11:59pm.*
Select your school of attendance to submit your exam fees:
|Bryan Collegiate High School AP® Exam Orders|
|Bryan High School AP® Exam Orders|
|Rudder High School AP® Exam Orders|
STEP 2: Activate your exam on The College Board MyAP website.
– Visit http://myap.collegeboard.org and log in with your College Board Profile (this is the same profile used to access your PSAT® or SAT® scores, or to access AP® scores from previous years.) If you do not have a College Board profile, you can create one at MyAP (http://myap.collegeboard.org)
– Join the AP® Group for your specific exam subject – your AP® Course teacher will provide you in class with the Join Code for their subject (Join Codes are subject, teacher and period specific).
– Once you have joined the AP® Group on the MyAP website, change your Exam Decision Indicator on MyAP to “Yes, I am testing” for each subject for which you have submitted exam fees.
Deadline to change your Exam Decision Indicator on the MyAP Site: November 1, 2019 at 11:59pm.*
ALL students should join the AP® Group on MyAP for their AP® Course to access the FREE resources College Board have made available on the MyAP website (resources such as practice questions and videos.) However, exams will ONLY be ordered for students who submit payment by November 1, 2019 at 11:59pm.
Any students who have not completed BOTH steps of joining the MyAP AP® Group AND submitting exam fees, will not have an exam ordered and their Exam Decision Indicator on MyAP will automatically be reset to “Not Testing.”
* Students who are enrolled in SPRING or Second Semester Courses (i.e. courses that do not COMMENCE until the second semester and are not yearlong), are able to submit exam fees in the Fall but are NOT required to do so. Students in Spring Semester courses may submit fees between February 5-March 5, 2020 with no penalty fees. Students will receive activation Join Codes for those courses when the courses commence.
I can’t access my College Board Profile?
Do NOT create a new College Board account! Each student should have only 1 account that they will use for exam ordering and score retrieval throughout high school AND university. Try using the ‘Forget Password?’ link on http://myap.collegeboard.org OR email email@example.com OR call 888-225-5427 for assistance.
Tips for setting up your College Board Profile on MyAP:
– Use an email address that you will have access to throughout high school AND university
– Make sure to enter your COMPLETE legal name to prevent issues with sending score reports to colleges and universities
– Enter your school Student ID number in the field provided on MyAP. This will assist your school in accurate exam day attendance reporting
Is there fee assistance available?
Fee reductions are possible for qualifying students. If you feel you are eligible, please contact your school site AP® Coordinator. Once eligibility has been confirmed, you will be provided with a Fee Reduction Code that will reduce the price of the exam(s) on the registration form to the appropriate amount.
- Contact at Bryan Collegiate HS for Fee Reductions: Dana Bechuck
- Contact at Bryan High School for Fee Reductions: Deanna Gibson
- Contact at Rudder High School for Fee Reductions: Mary Desern
What happens if I change my mind about taking an AP® test after I register?
Students who submitted an AP® Exam order and decide to cancel the exam can do so through November 1, 2019 (midnight, CST) for a full refund. Any exam orders cancelled between November 2 and February 28 will be eligible for partial refund. A $40 portion will be retained to cover the cost of the unused exam. To submit a cancellation request, email firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59pm on February 28. Include in the email your name, name of your school, and the title of the exam you wish to cancel. Refunds are processed back to your method of payment.
My course doesn’t start until the Spring/Second Semester. How do I get the Join Code?
Students who are enrolled in SPRING or Second Semester Courses (i.e. courses that do not COMMENCE until the second semester and are not yearlong), are able to submit exam fees in the Fall but are NOT required to do so. Students in Spring Semester courses may submit fees between February 5-March 5, 2020 with no penalty fees. Students will receive activation Join Codes for those courses when the courses commence.
How do I prepare for an AP® exam?
See the AP® website for previous test questions, study tips and more: AP® Exam Prep
What happens if I do not show up to take my exam on the day of the test?
College Board has strict regulations regarding what qualifies for approval to reschedule an AP® exam. If a student has a severe conflict or illness, please contact your school site AP® Coordinator immediately to find out if you qualify for rescheduling of an AP® Exam. Additional fees may apply.
- Contact at Bryan Collegiate HS: Dana Bechuck
- Contact at Bryan High School: Deanna Gibson
- Contact at Rudder High School: Mary Desern
How do I receive my scores?
Scores will be available July after the May exams via logging into your College Board MyAP account.