Fee Payment Deadline for Spring: February 4, 2020
New Deadlines and New Procedures!
Step 1: Submit Exam Fee – Submit exam exam fees for courses that commence in the Spring by February 4, 2020. Click below to submit the fees.
Step 2: Activate Exam – Students must activate their exams on The College Board MyAP site by JOINing their AP® Class on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See FAQs for more details.) February 4, 2020 deadline to activate your exam corresponding to a Spring course.
Step 3: Submit balance due – Students who successfully activated an exam by completing both steps above will receive in November a personalized invoice for the balance of fees due via email. Balance due paid in full by February 4, 2020. (Spring exam registrations will pay the balance due in full at the time of the order.)
1. Advanced Placement (AP®) Examinations must be ordered in advance. REGISTRATION FOR MAY 2020 ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP®) EXAMINATIONS RUNS FROM AUGUST 30, 2019 UNTIL OCTOBER 15, 2019 (midnight EST.)
- Spring registration runs from January 15 through February 4, 2020 for courses the COMMENCE in the Spring.
The cost of each AP® Exam is $96. (AP Capstone Seminar is $144).
No late registration is possible.
You may only register for the AP® tests for which you are enrolled in the AP® course at The Bolles School. AP® tests for courses that are not offered at Bolles, or for courses in which you are not enrolled, will not be offered.
2. To successfully initiate an exam order, students will need to Activate the exam on the College Board MyAP website AND submit a non-refundable exam deposit of $40 per exam by October 15, 2019.*
To Activate the exam, students will log into MyAP at http://myap.collegeboard.org with their College Board profile accounts. (See FAQs for more information.)
Students will need a Join Code (access code) to complete the activation step – Join Codes will be issued by your AP® Course teacher in September. ALL Students should join the online AP® Class on MyAP to have access to the College Board resources now available on MyAP.
To Submit the Exam Deposit and complete activation of an exam order, students may click on the link on this page. Deposits are submitted via the APTS AP® Exam Payment form, which accepts credit card and debit card payments as well the option to mail in a payment. To submit a deposit payment using check or money order, please complete the payment form online and follow the directions to mail your payment form and payment of $40 per exam to the address on your confirmation email. There is no service fee for submitting registration and payment with a check or money order via US mail. Deadline to postmark mail in deposit payments and ensure timely processing is October 10, 2019.
* Exam Activation for AP® Comparative Government or AP® United States Government that COMMENCES in the Spring Semester will be possible ONLY after the course commences. Students enrolled in these courses may submit a deposit in the Fall but are not required to do so. Students in these course, and ONLY these courses, will be able to submit exam fees between January 15 and February 4, 2020 with no penalty.
3. Students who have successfully initiated an exam order by activating the exam AND submitting a deposit fee per exam, will receive in early November a customized digital invoice for the applicable balance due. Invoices will be sent to the PARENT email address provided on the deposit form.
Deadline to submit the full balance of fees for ALL exams is February 4, 2020.
Payment can be submitted online with a debit or credit card, or by mailing in a check or money order. Instructions will be provided on the digital invoice.
Exams that have an outstanding balance due at the end of the day of February 4, 2020 (11:59pm EST), will be de-activated and the non-refundable deposit will be forfeited. Exams cannot be re-activated.
4. Students who initiate an exam order but decide to cancel by April 1, 2020 will be eligible for a partial refund (the non-refundable deposit of $40 will be forfeited). Students who cancel exams after April 1, 2020 or no show on the exam day will not be eligible for any refund. All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com with the student’s name, The Bolles School name, and the title of the exam the student wishes to cancel.
5. Fee Reductions sponsored by the College Board are available to families who qualify. Your school AP® Coordinator will be contacting you with a discount code if you qualify. You will apply this discount code to the online registration form.
6. Students who qualify for extended time will be notified of their testing locations in April. If you have questions about whether or not you are eligible, please contact Ms. Katy Garcia (firstname.lastname@example.org).
7. Exam location information will be distributed to examinees in April. Check in for morning exams will BEGIN promptly at 7:30 AM. Please arrive at your testing location for a morning exam at 7:30 AM. Afternoon exam check in will begin promptly at 12:00 PM. Please arrive at your testing location for an afternoon exam at 12 PM. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed, so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sport’s coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
Please review the FAQs for more information about exam day procedures.
8. If registering for two exams scheduled for the exact same date and time, please continue your registration as normal. At the close of registration, your school will review exam conflicts and you will be contacted regarding the late test date assignment for one of the exams.
9. Please Note: Per College Board regulations, students may not take both AP® Calculus AB and BC in the same calendar year. And students taking the AP® Computer Science Principles course must submit to College Board the required in-class assessment by April 30 or they will not be eligible to take the May exam.
* Students enrolled in AP® Comparative Government or AP® United States Government that COMMENCES in the Spring Semester may submit a deposit in the Fall but are not required to do so. Students in these course, and ONLY these courses, may submit exam fees between January 15 and February 4, 2020 with no penalty. Exam Activation for these courses will be possible ONLY after the course commences.
- AP® Exam Calendar 2020
- AP® Exam Test Site Security Regulations
- AP® Exam FAQs
- Submit AP® Exam Deposit
Any questions or need assistance? Please contact email@example.com or call 1-855-663-8348