WELCOME TO THE BISHOP’S SCHOOL AP® EXAM REGISTRATION
Families and students enrolled at The Bishop’s School can register here for the 2020 Advanced Placement (AP®) exam administration.
- 2020 AP® Exam Schedule (UPDATED)
- COVID-19 UPDATES from The College Board
- UPDATE Regarding 2020 AP Exams from The College Board: https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/coronavirus-updates
- Schedule of Free AP Instructional Videos on YouTube by expert AP Teachers from around the country:
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: October 30, 2019
New Deadlines and New Procedures!
Step 1: Submit Exam Fee Deposit – Submit a $40 per exam deposit by October 30, 2019. Click below to submit the deposit.
Step 2: Activate Exam – Students must activate their exams on The College Board MyAP site by JOINing their AP® Class on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. (See FAQs for more details.) October 30 deadline to activate your exam.
Step 3: Submit balance due – Starting on December 1, students who committed to an exam by paying the deposit will receive a personalized invoice for the balance of fees due via email. Balance due paid in full by February 5, 2020.
General Policies and Information:
1. The cost of each AP® Exam is $110 each. A deposit of $40 is due by October 30, 2019 to initiate the exam ordering process. An invoice for the balance due will be emailed out to the parent email address provided on the deposit form on December 1, the balance due must be submitted by February 5, 2020.
No new exam orders will be accepted after October 30, 2019, midnight PST.
2. Students must also activate their exam on The College Board’s new MyAP system by October 30, 2019. To activate the exam students must:
– Obtain an AP® Class Join Code from their AP® subject teacher
3. To initiate an AP® Exam order successfully, students MUST submit a deposit AND complete the activation/join step on MyAP.
Failure to complete both steps to initiate the exam order by October 30, 2019 means that the school AP Coordinator cannot submit the exam order to College Board.
Students who successfully initiated exam orders by October 30 will receive a digital personalized invoice via email (to the parent email address provided on the deposit form.) The balance due must be submitted in full by February 5, 2020.
A penalty fee of $45 per exam will be applied for late payments between February 6 and March 5, 2020.
Exams for which there are outstanding balances due on March 5, 2020 will be automatically cancelled and deactivated on MyAP as of March 6, 2020.
4. Deposit and balance due payments for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online payment form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the email address you provide on the registration form. Postmark deadline to ensure timely mail in deposit processing is October 26, 2019.
5. Fee Reductions: Fee reductions sponsored by the College Board are available to families who qualify. Your school AP® Coordinator will be contacting you with a discount code if you qualify.
6. If a student is interested in exams not offered on the School’s registration list, please contact APTS for assistance at email@example.com
7. Please note: Due to space constraints, only student currently enrolled in the Bishop’s School AP® Chinese course may register for that AP® exam.
8. Refunds: A full refund is possible for exam orders through October 30, 2019 at 11:59pm PST. To cancel your exam order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the student name, name of the school, and the exam order to cancel. Exam cancellation requests submitted between October 31 and March 5, 2020 will receive a partial refund (the deposit amount will be forfeited.) No cancellations are possible after March 5, 2020. No shows on exam days will not be eligible for rescheduling or a partial refund.
REVISED CANCELLATION POLICY (as of March 30, 2020): Students choosing to cancel may do so through April 30, 2020 and receive a full refund. To cancel, please email email@example.com and include the student name, name of the school, and the exam title to cancel. (Note that credit card fees are not eligible for refund, but the full exam fee will be refunded.)
9. Check in for morning exams will be promptly at 7:30 a.m. Afternoon exam check in will be promptly at 11:45 a.m. Exam administration will begin as soon as check in is completed so students must arrive promptly at the time check in opens. Students who arrive after the actual exam administration begins (15 minutes after check-in) will not be admitted. No exceptions. Exams will take approximately four hours. Please notify your sports coaches of AP® exam dates and times and plan accordingly. Students are not allowed to leave any AP® exam early.
10. Exam location information will be released closer to the actual exam administration.
11. If registering for two exams scheduled at the exact same time AND date, please contact your school AP® coordinator for assistance.
Assistance needed? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-663-8348.