Students and Families enrolled at Bearden High School can register here for the 2023 Advanced Placement (AP®) Administration.
Exam Fees: $97 per exam ($145 per Capstone)
PROCEDURES And DEADLINES:
STEP 1: Activate your exam – Log into the College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org using your College Board profile and apply the ‘Join Code’ (access code) you receive from your teacher for each of your subjects. (See FAQs for details) For yearlong and Fall Courses, deadline to join the course on MyAP was November 1, 2022.
For SPRING Courses (i.e. courses that COMMENCE in the Second Semester), the join deadline is March 1, 2022
STEP 2: Submit exam fees – Click on “Submit fees for AP® Exams” below and submit your fees. For yearlong and Fall courses, fees were due by November 1, 2022.
For SPRING Courses (i.e. courses that COMMENCE in the Second Semester), the payment deadline is March 1, 2023
REGISTRATION FOR MAY 2023 AP® EXAMS WILL RUN FROM:
- Fall Semester: August 29, 2022 through November 1, 2022 (Midnight EST)
- Spring Semester: January 1, 2023 through March 1, 2023 (Midnight EST)
1. Exam registration for 2023 exams requires two steps: activation of your exam on the College Board MyAP site AND submission of exam fees. (See FAQs for more information on the MyAP activation process.)
Students enrolled in Fall Semester or Yearlong AP® Courses will have the opportunity to activate their AP® Exams and submit fees between August 29 and November 1, 2022 (Penalty fees of $40 per exam apply between November 16, 2022 and March 1, 2023)*
*Students enrolled in Spring AP® Courses will have the opportunity to activate their AP® Exams and submit fees between January 1 and March 1, 2023. (No late registration will be possible for the Spring.) Students enrolled in Spring semester AP® Courses may submit payment for these exams in advance, but it is not recommended since there are no refunds and they cannot complete the activation step until the course commences.
College Board profiles are the same accounts used to order SAT® exams, or to collect prior year PSAT/NMSQT® or AP® Exam scores. Do not create a new account if you already have one (see FAQs for more information.)
Current school board policy states that you must take the AP exam in order to earn the additional 5 points on the final student grade point average.
2. The cost of each AP® Exam is $97 each. (Capstone exams are $145)
Payment for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3.1% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online registration form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the parent email address you provide on the registration form.
Late registration for Fall will be possible with a penalty fee of $40 per exam. No orders will be accepted after March 1, 2023.
3. Exam Locations: Exam locations are TBD. All students must turn in the required AP Permission Form by the AP Registration deadlines. The Medical Release form is encouraged, but optional
BHS must receive an AP Permission Form for all students
Submit by March 1, 2023 the BHS Counseling Office or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Homeschooled students: Bearden has limited availability for Homeschool students. Contact Beverly.Anderson@knoxschools.org for seat availability. Please note that the cost for a homeschooled student will be $122 per exam to cover testing expenses.
5. Fee reduction/assistance – Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please submit the AP® Fee Assistance Form (Linked here) at least 3 days prior to the semester AP Register dates (submit by 10/27/22 for the FALL/YEARLONG 11/1/22 deadline or 2/24/23 for the SPRING 3/1/23 deadline)
Once eligibility has been confirmed, you will be provided with a Fee Reduction Code that will reduce the price of the exam(s) on the payment form to the appropriate amount.
Questions regarding AP Exam Fee Assistance may be sent to Ms. Anderson in the counseling office or via email at beverly.anderson@
6. Refunds and cancellations: Cancellations and refunds are not available for Bearden HS AP exams.
7. College and universities with AP® Credit Policies can be found on the College Board’s website at https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/creditandplacement – It is the student’s responsibility to verify that the college they plan to attend will accept AP® credit and submit scores to their university/college of choice.
9. AP® exam program information is available by logging into the College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org and in the College Board “AP® Bulletin for Students and Parents.” Paper copies of this bulletin will be available in the BHS Counseling Office as of mid-February. Students are encouraged to pick up a copy at that time.
Any additional AP® questions can be sent to the AP® Coordinator, email@example.com
Technical questions or need assistance? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-855-663-8348.