Students and Families enrolled at Bearden High School can register here for the 2021 Advanced Placement (AP®) Administration.
Exam Fees: $95 per exam
PROCEDURES And DEADLINES:
STEP 1: Activate your exam – Log into the College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org using your College Board profile and apply the ‘Join Code’ (access code) you receive from your teacher for each of your subjects. (See FAQs for details) For yearlong and Fall Courses, deadline to join the course on MyAP is November 6, 2020.
For SPRING Courses (i.e. courses that COMMENCE in the Second Semester, the join deadline is March 5, 2021.
STEP 2: Submit exam fees – Click on “Submit fees for AP® Exams” below and submit your fees. For yearlong and Fall courses, fees are due by November 6, 2020.
REGISTRATION FOR MAY 2021 AP® EXAMS WILL RUN FROM:
- Fall Semester: August 28, 2020 through November 6, 2020 (Midnight EST)
- Spring Semester: January 8, 2021 through March 5, 2021 (Midnight EST)
1. Exam registration for 2021 exams requires two steps: activation of your exam on the College Board MyAP site AND submission of exam fees. (See FAQs for more information on the MyAP activation process.)
Students enrolled in Fall Semester or Yearlong AP® Courses will have the opportunity to activate their AP® Exams and submit fees between August 28 and November 6, 2020 (Penalty fees of $40 per exam apply between November 7, 2020 and March 5, 2021.)*
*Students enrolled in Spring AP® Courses will have the opportunity to activate their AP® Exams and submit fees between January 8, 2021 and March 5, 2021. (No late registration will be possible for the Spring.) Students enrolled in Spring semester AP® Courses may submit payment for these exams in advance, but it is not recommended since there are no refunds and they cannot complete the activation step until the course commences.
College Board profiles are the same accounts used to order SAT® exams, or to collect prior year PSAT/NMSQT® or AP® Exam scores. Do not create a new account if you already have one (see FAQs for more information.)
2. The cost of each AP® Exam is $95.00 each. (Capstone exams are $143)
Payment for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online registration form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the parent email address you provide on the registration form.
Late registration for Fall will be possible with a penalty fee of $40 per exam. No orders will be accepted after March 5, 2021.
3. Exam Locations: The AP® Human Geography exam is proctored at Bearden. The rest of the exams are given off campus. Tentatively, the tests are scheduled to be given at King University at 10950 Spring Bluff Way, Knoxville, TN 37932. (Map to King University)
We must received a field trip form for all students testing off campus. Please download the form, complete it and return it to the BHS counseling office by March 10.
4. Homeschooled students are welcome to test with the BHS Students. Please note that the cost for a homeschooled student will be $125 per exam to cover testing expenses. Please complete the registration form at the link above.
5. Fee reduction/assistance – Fee reductions are possible for qualified students. If you feel you may qualify for a fee reduction, please submit the AP® Fee Waiver Application Form (Linked here) to Mr. Tanner in the counseling office or via email at email@example.com. Once eligibility has been confirmed, you will be provided with a Fee Reduction Code that will reduce the price of the exam(s) on the payment form to the appropriate amount.
6. Refunds and cancellations: Students will be able to submit a cancellation request for the base exam fee through March 10, 2021 by emailing the APTS Cancellation Desk. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the student name, name of the school, title of the exam to cancel. Late registration fees and credit card processing fees are non-refundable.
7. College and universities with AP® Credit Policies can be found on the College Board’s website at https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/creditandplacement – It is the student’s responsibility to verify that the college they plan to attend will accept AP® credit and submit scores to their university/college of choice.
9. AP® exam program information is available by logging into the College Board MyAP site at http://myap.collegeboard.org and in the College Board “AP® Bulletin for Students and Parents.” Paper copies of this bulletin will be available in the BHS Counseling Office as of mid-February. Students are encouraged to pick up a copy at that time.
Any additional AP® questions can be sent to the AP® Coordinator, email@example.com
Technical questions or need assistance? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-855-663-8348.