Families and students enrolled at Ardsley High School can register here for the 2023 PSAT/NMSQT® exam to be administered on Saturday, October 14, 2023.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: September 1, 2023
Please read through the information below and then click on Order the PSAT® Exam to submit an order.
1. Registration & Fees
Students in grades 10 and 11 may register for the DIGITAL 2023 PSAT/NMSQT® exam between June 23 and September 1, 2023.
The exam will be administered on Saturday, October 14, 2023.
The cost for each exam is $35.
2. Why take the PSAT/NMSQT®
The PSAT/NMSQT® measures the reading, math and writing skills needed for college. Students can use it to find their “skill gaps” and then make plans to fill those gaps before college begins. If you are unfamiliar with timed tests made up of multiple-choice questions, it gives you a good idea of what to expect when you take the College Board Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT®), which many colleges require of their applicants.
Eligible students who wish to be considered for Merit Scholarships, Special Scholarships and Achievement Scholarships should take the October 14th PSAT/NMSQT®. Eligible requirements for these scholarships are explained in detail in the information booklet which will be given to you when you return the registration form.
Beginning in 2023, this exam is digital.
3. Can I cancel my exam and receive a refund?
Per AHS policy, no cancellations or refunds are available.
4. For students with an IEP or 504 plan, testing accommodations will be provided if your child has been approved by the College Board. If you do not want your child to receive these accommodations, you must write a letter indicating your child will not use his/her accommodations and submit that to the school site exam coordinator before exam day.
6. How do I prepare for the exam?
The College Board offers detailed information as well as preparation tools developed in partnership with The Khan Academy. To access these tools via The College Board’s PSAT/NMSQT® informational page, click here.
7. What do I need to know about the test day?
Ardsley HS will notify students via email which room to report to the day of the exam. Students should arrive by 7:30 AM. Please plan for the following:
- ALL students taking the exam must have a CURRENT school- or government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license or school ID.)
- Students must bring their approved digital device in a fully-charged state to the exam (we recommend to bring a charge cord as well!)
- Restart the device before exam day so that the exam app “Bluebook” is the most current version.
- Students must know what their College Board account/profile log in credentials are – this is the same account you would use to log into MyAP for AP Classes/exams as well as the same account used for SAT exam orders on http://collegeboard.org
- Students must know the log in credentials and check that they are correct BEFORE exam day since contacting College Board on exam day will not be feasible due to time constraints.
- Do NOT create a new account or profile if you’re struggling to log into your previously created account! All exam scores and information must be on the same account.
- If a student is not sure how to log into their College Board accounts, or need to create one, please visit the College Board Accounts page at https://account.collegeboard.org/
- Students may also bring water and a snack
- Review the College Board digital exam requirements for exam day (what you may and may not bring): https://satsuite.collegeboard.org/digital/what-to-bring-do/what-to-bring
When and how are scores for the exam released?
Exam scores are typically released in mid-December via The College Board’s online portal.
When PSAT/NMSQT® scores are ready online, the student will receive from College Board an email with instructions to go to the online score report, and how to use the access code to view scores. Please visit College Board’s website for detailed information on how to access PSAT/NMSQT® scores.
For questions or assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org