Registration Deadline: November 1, 2021*
Exam Fees: $96
REMINDER TO JOIN THE AP® CLASS ON MyAP BY November 1, 2021!*
How do I place an AP® exam order?
Step 1: Activate the exam on MyAP – Students choosing to take the exams must log into their AP® Class on the MyAP Site at https://myap.collegeboard.org to activate the exam and complete the registration process. To access the site, create or use a College Board Profile. Students will receive a Join Code to enable joining the AP® Class from their Albuquerque HS AP® Course teachers. Students must join the AP® Class on MyAP and activate their exam by November 1, 2021 to complete their order.*
To activate the exam, click on the “Register for Exam” button for each test that you will be taking:
Step 2: Submit exam fees – Students choosing to take the exams must submit the $96 exam fee by November 1, 2021*. Click on the link below and complete the online payment form. You can submit the payment using either a credit/debit card OR mail-in a check or money order. Instructions are included at the end of the form based on the payment option that you choose.
ALL students enrolled in courses commencing in the Fall and choosing to take the exams must complete the online payment form and submit payment between August 19, 2021 and November 1, 2021.*
⇒ BOTH steps above must be completed for an exam order to be considered complete.
Failure to complete the Join/Activation Step on MyAP will mean that the school coordinator cannot submit your exam order. Fees will automatically be refunded and no exam ordered.
LATE payment penalty fees of $40 per exam will be added to the price of the exam between November 16, 2021 and February 11, 2022*.
There is no wait list and no stand-by testing.
* Students enrolled in the AP® Macroeconomics and the AP® United States Government and Politics courses that are offered in the SPRING/Second Semester, may submit their payment in the Fall but are not recommended to do so. (You will not be able to complete the join step on MyAP until the course commences.) AP® Macroeconomics and AP® US Government and Politics students, and ONLY these students, will be allowed to place exam orders for these subjects without penalty fees between November 16, 2021 and February 11, 2022.
Why do I need to activate an exam on The College Board MyAP System?
The College Board MyAP system provides students a variety of excellent, College Board vetted FREE resources to apply to their AP Course and AP® exam preparation. In addition, students will now JOIN the AP ®Group and complete the Registration Profile section on the MyAP website to enable custom printing of AP® exam barcode labels for each student for exam day. In the event of shifting to online testing, the MyAP system serves as the exam platform as well.
Tips for setting up your College Board Profile on MyAP:
– Use an email address that you will have access to throughout high school AND university
– Make sure to enter your COMPLETE legal name to prevent issues with sending score reports to colleges and universities. Double check that it’s YOUR name on the account – it may sound silly, but out of habit a parent may have entered their own name, or even auto fill may have entered a name for you that is not correct and will delay your score reporting to Colleges and Universities.
– Enter your AHS Student ID Number to enable accurate exam day attendance reporting
– Send Scores: Each student is eligible for a free score report sent by College Board to the College/University of their choosing (applicable mostly to seniors.) To claim your Free Score Report, navigate to your MyAP Registration Profile and then to “Score Send.” Enter the name of the college or university to receive your scores before June 15 to claim your free score report.
I can’t access my College Board Profile account or am not sure I have one. What do I do?
The College Board Profile is the same account used to access your past years’ AP® scores, PSAT® scores, and SAT® scores. Do not create a new one! Each student should have only ONE unique account. If you are unable to access the account, try using the ‘Forget Password?’ link on http://myap.collegeboard.org OR email firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 888-225-5427 for assistance.
Where do I get the Join Code to complete the join step on the MyAP site?
Join Codes are subject, teacher, and period specific. They will be distributed by your teachers in class, please see your teacher if you were absent.
What if I miss the November deadline to submit fees?
Late Payment Submission for exams opens on November 16, 2021 and runs until February 11, 2022. A $40 late fee will be added to each exam during late registration – Making the cost $136 per exam. After February 11, 2022, no exam orders will be accepted.*
How do I submit the exam fees?
Payment for exams may be done via credit card or debit card, OR by mailing in a check or money order. There will be an online payment fee of 3.1% for payments submitted by credit or debit card. Directions for payment can be found at the end of the online deposit form and in your e-mail confirmation which will be sent to the email address you provide on the registration form. Postmark deadline for the Fall registration period to ensure timely mail in deposit processing is October 27, 2021.
I am enrolled in an AP® class that COMMENCES in the Spring/Second semester. When do I register?
Students enrolled in the AP® Macroeconomics or AP® United States Government course which COMMENCES in the Spring semester, may submit their exam fees in Fall but are not required to do so. They will not be able to join the class or activate the exam on MyAP until the Spring when the course commences. After they have met their teacher, had a chance to review the course syllabus and materials, they will be issued a Join Code. These students will be able to register without penalty fees and join the MyAP class AFTER the course commences. Spring registration and payment submission for these courses will begin on November 16, 2021 and run until February 11, 2022.
Can I cancel my exam?
- Refund Policy: Exam cancellations and refunds are not possible. Please carefully make your decision before you submit your order.
Can I change when I take the exam?
Exam times are set by The College Board. Note that AP® Exams must be taken only at the times established by The College Board. Exams administered by AHS will be at the dates and times set by The College Board (see the calendar at the link below.)
College Board is extremely strict regarding qualifying for rescheduling an AP® exam to the Late Testing (make-up) window. In addition, the reason for requesting late testing must also meet the local school district regulations for excused absences. In conjunction with College Board regulations, AHS approved reasons to reschedule an exam include: extreme illness (hospitalization or medical care, a doctor’s note will be required), bereavement, court appearance, conflict with another AP® exam, or a school sponsored sport or academic event. Additional fees may apply and documentation may be required.
Contact your school AP® Coordinator for assistance to reschedule an exam.
Is there financial aid available for the 2022 AP® exams?
Students who meet the College Board Fee Reduction Guidelines based on family/household income may apply for a Fee Reduction Code to their school’s AP® Coordinator, Ms. Katsaros via email@example.com. Approved students will receive a Fee Reduction Code which you will apply to your exam payment form (at the link below) to reduce the exam fees. Please apply for the code BEFORE completing the online payment form. All code usage will be verified.
What if I get sick and can’t make the exam?
There are provisions for students who become sick or injured during or right before testing. In case of such an emergency, please contact your AP® Coordinator at your school IMMEDIATELY at firstname.lastname@example.org. A doctor’s note will be required. IMMEDIATE contact – if ill on the day of the scheduled exam – is crucial due to the deadlines involved in ordering make up materials.
How do I know where to report for the exam?
Exam day information will be released by your school closer to the exam date.
What may I bring into the exam room?
Please see the detailed Exam Site Security Regulations.
How do I access my exam scores?
Students will log into their College Board profiles via http://apscore.org to retrieve their exam scores. Scores are released in early July each year. Students will need access to their College Board profile and their AP ID number – the AP ID number can be found on the MyAP Profile in MyAP.
* Students enrolled in the AP® Macroeconomics and AP® US Government course which COMMENCES in the Spring semester, may register without penalty fees and join the MyAP class AFTER the course commences. Registration for these courses’ exams will open November 16, 2021 and close on February 11, 2022.
If you need assistance, please contact APTS at email@example.com